Match! Canada - Patrick Vice, 60's, Calgary, Alberta, 12 Dec 2019 - UID found in Vancouver

dotr

Reaction score
Dec 18 2019
Calgary police ‘concerned’ for missing man Patrick Vice
patrick-vice.jpg

Patrick Vice was last seen at approximately 5:30 a.m., on Thursday, Dec. 12, 2019, walking east along 6 Avenue Southwest, near the intersection of 1 Street Southwest. . Calgary Police Service handout
"Calgary police say they are “concerned for the welfare” of a missing man last seen in the downtown core last week.

According to police, Patrick Vice was last spotted walking east on 6 Avenue Southwest near the intersection with 1 Street Southwest around 5:30 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 12.

The man, who is in his early 60s, hasn’t been in contact with his family since.

Vice is described as being 5’11” tall, with an average build, brown hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a black toque, black jacket and dark pants. He was also drinking a McDonald’s coffee and carrying a newspaper.

Anyone with information on Vice’s whereabouts is asked to call police via their non-emergency number at 403-266-1234, or to contact Crime Stoppers anonymously."

Four blocks from a river, four blocks from busy railroad multi-tracks. Very busy area, with many civic buildings, places built for the Olympics, important buildings. Also a Salvation Army not too many blocks distant.

Weather up there is usually bitter now.

Hey, I just e-mailed the RCMP between similarities between Patrick Vice and this suicide victim found 2 days later in Vancouver BC - victim was 2 inches shorter and had hair classified as 'grey' but apart from that it's a good match. Clothing match, too - this is Patrick on CCTV w black toque, dark lace up shoes, dark jeans, black fall jacket, and some sort of shirt w a collar:
patrick-vice.jpg

And here is what the guy was found wearing in Van (no toque though):
upload_2021-7-23_12-51-40.png

It is also possible to get from Calgary to Vancouver in 2 days - I believe he left on foot (no car with him) but Rider Express has Cal -> Van bus trips that take about 12 hours, and would cost 142$. I assume you can buy a ticket in person.

Hey, I just e-mailed the RCMP between similarities between Patrick Vice and this suicide victim found 2 days later in Vancouver BC - victim was 2 inches shorter and had hair classified as 'grey' but apart from that it's a good match. Clothing match, too - this is Patrick on CCTV w black toque, dark lace up shoes, dark jeans, black fall jacket, and some sort of shirt w a collar:
patrick-vice.jpg

And here is what the guy was found wearing in Van (no toque though):
View attachment 305710

It is also possible to get from Calgary to Vancouver in 2 days - I believe he left on foot (no car with him) but Rider Express has Cal -> Van bus trips that take about 12 hours, and would cost 142$. I assume you can buy a ticket in person.
Nice find!

Okay...not jumping to conclusions but I just checked and both Patrick's and the UID's RCMP pages are down! This was Patrick's page. This was UIDs page. Crossing my fingers...
(if this is a true ID and was only initiated when I brought it up, it will be my first match-up)
Just got a phone call from Calgary PD - it's a match! DNA confirmed it. They are letting family know today, and hopefully will put out a post on social media/news tomorrow or the weekend. :)

Just wanted to mention how nice Calgary PD was - they personally emailed then called me, thanked me profusely, said this rarely happens and they had actually just put Patrick on the national database. I have also been put in contact with Patrick's family if they have any questions for me.
Hopefully this shows them the importance of using those kinds of websites; the public has ample free time and wants to help!

Just wanted to mention how nice Calgary PD was - they personally emailed then called me, thanked me profusely, said this rarely happens and they had actually just put Patrick on the national database. I have also been put in contact with Patrick's family if they have any questions for me.
Hopefully this shows them the importance of using those kinds of websites; the public has ample free time and wants to help!
So pleased, nice start to the day!

Excellent work, @bombardier!! Kudos to you for taking the initiative to advocate on Patrick's behalf. I'm certain his loved ones will forever have a special place for you in their hearts.
Well done, my friend! :)

My condolences go out to Patrick's loved ones.
RSBM
But police say a tip last month from a Kelowna resident who believed unidentified remains found in Vancouver on Dec. 14, 2019, matched the man’s description listed on Canada’s Missing website. [snip] “Our investigators utilize many different tactics when searching for missing individuals and the NCMPUR, NMPDP and an empathetic citizen (Our bombardier! :D), all helped to bring closure to this case,”
#

You've got your name back, Patrick. Rest in peace.

Last edited:

Great news! This is so fantastic! YOU have made such a unbelievable difference to a family, and you deserve all the accolades coming your way! Hip Hip Hooray to bombardier!

Just got a phone call from Calgary PD - it's a match! DNA confirmed it. They are letting family know today, and hopefully will put out a post on social media/news tomorrow or the weekend. :)

I am very impressed, @bombardier! What an invaluable service you have done. Now his family may have some closure thanks to you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back