GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

CaliKid said:
From what I remember of this case, Karla Homolka is a pedophile who, along with her husband, sexually abused and murdered two teenaged girls.

Just like laws are supposed to keep molesters away from children, I'd think that there must be some law on Canada's books that would prevent her from ever doing this to another young woman again. If that means they must keep her under constant surveilance, they hopefully will.

She wasn't charged with sex crimes. If she had, she'd never get out. The Crown would have applied for Dangerous Offender status.

She was charged with manslaughter and given a 12 year sentence. Her sentence is finished. When your sentence is finished, you get out.

She should have been charged with murder, she killed her own sister for gosh sakes, the cow. She also should have been charged with the sexual assault on Jane Doe. Canada's shame and now we have to live with it as the Crown, the psychiatrists were duped by Karla. Stupid cops, stupid CA's. It's time that they started to learn that female sociopaths are just as dangerous as their male counterparts. Karla should never be free to walk our streets again.

Oh don't get me started

Casshew said:
Since she has served her sentence and will be a free woman :sick: I wonder if she can write a book etc... talk about making a pact with the devil?

She is going to need to change her name, get plastic surgery IMO ~ she is the most hated woman in Canada for sure, someone is going to get her if she does not disappear.

NO amount of plastic surgery will cover up those creepy eyes of hers. The *advertiser censored*. You know what I think will happen, Cass, new name, new identity and she will be released in the middle of the night. Remember those two young boys in Britain that murdered Jamie Bulger. That's what they did with them. They were released in another part of the country.

What bugs me the most about the release date is it's Leslie Mahaffey's birthday. How much more should the Mahaffeys be made to suffer.

Neptune'sMom said:
In other words, all of Canada are behind getting a Section 810.

Yes, LovelyPigeon, it seems there is a precedent to this legal move.

From this article:
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/News/2005/04/12/992863-sun.html

ETA It is also my understanding that part of her plea bargain was that she is not to in any way make a profit from her crimes.

from this site: http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/law/Courses/McGillivray/Karla_Homolka.html

Yeah she withheld the sexual assault on Jane Doe and the rape/death of her own sister until she was in prison and serving her time, so her deal should have been null and void right then. And to top it all off, she's in a Club Med. Her own room with lock and key, her own computer, tv, cable, little black dresses, birthday parties, lesbian lovers. Not bad for killing your baby sister, Leslie and Kristen.

Don't come east Karla baby.

cami said:
NO amount of plastic surgery will cover up those creepy eyes of hers. The *advertiser censored*. You know what I think will happen,
You are right

homolka_cp_3717256.jpg

She is not 'sick' she is pure evil and in some ways worse than Bernardo... agreeing to sacrafice her 15 year old sister's virginity to Paul as a christmas present? stealing drugs from the Vet's office where she worked to drug the girls, performing oral sex on her little sister.. not helpingg Kristen or Leslie, there are many times Paul went out to get food (or cement) and left Karla to watch the girls.. she could have done something.

I hate the thought of her walking around... hope she gets out of Ontario real quick.

cami said:
Yeah she withheld the sexual assault on Jane Doe and the rape/death of her own sister until she was in prison and serving her time, so her deal should have been null and void right then. And to top it all off, she's in a Club Med. Her own room with lock and key, her own computer, tv, cable, little black dresses, birthday parties, lesbian lovers. Not bad for killing your baby sister, Leslie and Kristen.

Don't come east Karla baby.
I think the sister assault and murder she told upfront. Part of her claim of being 'forced' to satisy Paul's 'urges'. The Jane Doe thing she claimed was a 'recovered memory' and was reported after the plea bargain as such. The Crown et al tried every avenue to see if they could rescind the deal. They made such a lousy one, being that they didn't know of the tapes, they had to live with it (so t speak).

I hope there isn't one place on earth that she could be safe being released to.

LovelyPigeon said:
Is there legal precedence to order restrictions?
NOPE no precedence. In the west, a pedophile served his FULL TIME and had no parole after let out. So the RCMP put strick restrictions on him. The only problem with this or with his case anyway, is that it came due in a year. A bunch of neighbours rallied and basically in a gentle way, drove him out of town.

I would think they would have to apply each year for further restrictions on Karla. It gets harder each time because they have to continually prove she's a danger to society. After 2 or 3 well behaved years??? She'll be harder to track.

Courts have been asked to, and have, gone along with Section 810 restrictions. I shared the link to that information in an earlier posting. And yes they have to be renewed each year. I don't see a problem with this as it's been going on for 12 years now and Karla has always been denied early, or any, parole.

She is deemed likely to reoffend. Until she does something miraculous like stop being a convicted sex offender (too late!) the families of her victims will continue to hire legal representation and prevent her from ever being sent off scot free.

IMHO.

SadieMae said:
Think so??? :cool:
I've heard it before. There are a lot of rumors about someone doing her in. I can't imagine HOW something so evil is going to be free in the midst of our society! Maybe the bus bringing her out of jail will run her over.

Wishful thinking.... :innocent:

blueclouds said:
I've heard it before. There are a lot of rumors about someone doing her in. I can't imagine HOW something so evil is going to be free in the midst of our society! Maybe the bus bringing her out of jail will run her over.

Wishful thinking.... :innocent:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Reminds me of that country song...about somebody getting run over by the dang gone train after getting out of jail.

SadieMae said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Reminds me of that country song...about somebody getting run over by the dang gone train after getting out of jail.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :dance: :woohoo: We could only HOPE that FATE can intervene. :D

Convicted killer Karla Homolka won't face new charges in the drug-rape death of her sister when she is released from prison in July, Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant said Tuesday.

Homolka was never charged in the 1990 Christmas Eve death of her 15-year-old sister, Tammy Homolka.

Charges were also not pursued after a public inquiry into the so-called "deal with the devil" that saw Homolka get a 12-year prison sentence in exchange for her testimony against Paul Bernardo.

"I'm not going to go back and second guess the decision," said Bryant.

"An attorney general of the day made a decision based upon a public inquiry that was before him, and that's that."

Homolka will be released from prison on July 5, 2005.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1113322998874_108732198/?hub=Canada

Just confirming, this monstrous creature can't cross the border into the US, can she?

If so, just send her straight to Texas or Florida. We'll take care of her.

Ya'll need the death penalty up in Canada.

I have often wondered what rammifications the family of Karla had over the years? were they shunned? did they have to change their names and move away?

I am not for a moment blaming this family for Karla's actions, but it must have taken some incredible strength for the Mom to support Karla, stand beside her even after finding out she participated in the rape/drugging that led to her younger daughters death.

Casshew said:
I have often wondered what rammifications the family of Karla had over the years? were they shunned? did they have to change their names and move away?

I am not for a moment blaming this family for Karla's actions, but it must have taken some incredible strength for the Mom to support Karla, stand beside her even after finding out she participated in the rape/drugging that led to her younger daughters death.

Her sister Lori did change her name. She's married now so she can remain annonymous. Yes, I agree about her mother but I wonder if she refuses to see what Karla really is and believes she was abused into commiting her crimes. They want to bring her back to St. Catherines when she's out.

GatorMom said:
Just confirming, this monstrous creature can't cross the border into the US, can she?

If so, just send her straight to Texas or Florida. We'll take care of her.

Ya'll need the death penalty up in Canada.

We do have the death penalty. It's called National Health Care, a slow death penalty.

Seriously though, our DP was abolished in 1976. Our murder rate is very low.
Plus there's the possibility of wrongful convictions and we've had many over the past 10 years.

Juries just would refuse to convict if the death penalty was on the table. It was a very narrow vote back in 1976. many Canadians would like to see it reinstated for multiple killers like Bernardo and Clifford Olsen.

I'm not an advocate or a proponent for the DP. I'd never vote for it to be reinstated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay
Back