CANADA CANADA - ROBERT PICKTON, Pig Farm Killer, Vancouver, 1990'S

Yeah, no doubt he will appeal. As there was very little if any direct evidence. Now he will go on trial for the other murders. But, I wonder if the Police will "investigate" Dinah Taylor and Casanova.

I do hope the Police will seek to initiate a hearing to have Picton declared a dangerous offender. If not, he will be on full parole in as little as 25 years.

I very much doubt anyone is going to let this little piece of waste walk the streets again.

Yeah, no doubt he will appeal. As there was very little if any direct evidence. Now he will go on trial for the other murders. But, I wonder if the Police will "investigate" Dinah Taylor and Casanova.

I do hope the Police will seek to initiate a hearing to have Picton declared a dangerous offender. If not, he will be on full parole in as little as 25 years.

I very much doubt anyone is going to let this little piece of waste walk the streets again.
Full parole after 25, no way, I hope that is wrong..
This case is just soo sad and it is like the victims were just trash...
Depravity at it's worst.

If he is 'ever' paroled then there is no justice..
We do not get much info here regarding this case but thanks to you all out there,I have been able to keep up..

Oh they'll never let him out. I am sure the Crown is moving to have him declared a DO.

Karin Joesbury looked up at the grey sky, tears running from her eyes and overcome by the emotion of hearing Robert (Willie) Pickton had been convicted of the second-degree murder of her daughter Andrea.

Surrounded by relatives of the other five women Pickton was convicted of killing - and of the other 20 he is accused of killing - Joesbury wept as the mournful lyrics of the song Missing played while candles were lit in front of the New Westminster Courthouse Sunday.

Andrea Joesbury's grandfather, Jack *advertiser censored*, had asked Canadian poet Susan Musgrave to write the lyrics to the song, in memory of his granddaughter and the other missing women. Listening to the song seemed too much for Karin Joesbury to bear.

http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=0839bdf8-f0c1-4b99-af4b-40b947d99bf2

Serial killer Robert (Willie) Pickton was sentenced tonight to life in prison without parole for 25 years for the murder of six women who disappeared from Vancouver's Downtown Eastside between 1997 and 2001.

The judge's decision was met by loud cheers from the victims' families after an emotional day filled with gut-wrenching stories contained in victim impact statements read in court.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=94d2f590-2b4c-4eca-b1a5-501ec2f6f996&k=34461

And sadly, the life sentence for the jurors has begun as well. I pray they can erase what they've seen and heard from their minds eventually. I will also pray for the families of the victims.

He told the media outside the court that he understands the resources allocated to segregated prisoners such as Mr. Pickton are a strain.

Mr. Ritchie said Mr. Pickton had also complained that it was cold.

"It was 38 degrees [Fahrenheit, 3 C] in his cell," Mr. Ritchie told reporters.

"I don't think it's a very nice place at all. I was out there and the accommodations out there are very difficult."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...onal/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20080129.wbcpickton29

Well, BOO HOO :boohoo: At least my hopes were briefly answered.

Pickton was later sent back from Kent max security to his warm pre-trial cell near Vancouver so his attorneys could easily access him during his appeals. At least his cold cell at Kent will be waiting his return :behindbar

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Pickton+appeal+decision+today/1729931/story.html

B.C.'s highest court is expected to rule today on the appeals arising from the conviction of serial-killer Robert Pickton.

But the case will be far from over, regardless of what the three-member panel of the B.C. Court of Appeal decides.

In December 2007, a B.C. Supreme Court jury found the 59-year-old former Port Coquitlam pig farmer guilty of six counts of second-degree murder, after finding him not guilty of six counts of first-degree murder.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Pu...nvestigation+serial+killer/3502393/story.html

September 9, 2010 8:15 PM

Public inquiry to be held into botched police investigation of serial killer Pickton
Answers needed about possible mistakes made during the investigation: de Jong

There will be a full public inquiry into the botched police investigation of serial killer Robert Pickton, B.C. Attorney General Mike de Jong announced Thursday.

Summary of Missing Women Investigation Review
31 page investigation review.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Defending+Pickton+investigation/3893257/story.html

Defending the Pickton investigation
Former head of Missing Women's Task Force says many criticisms of his team are unjustified

Robert (Willie) Pickton is undoubtedly the most prolific serial killer in Canadian history. The case of Vancouver's missing women and the police investigation of Pickton are extremely controversial. There are media reports now calling the "Pickton investigation" the worst police investigation in history.

Specifically, the Missing Women Task Force -- known as Project Evenhanded -- has been criticized for not making Pickton a target immediately upon its creation in March 2001, that it failed to ever properly investigate him, and that only a lucky search of Pickton's farm in February 2002 stopped his murderous rampage.

I was the officer who created the Evenhanded Task Force and set its direction, and I am the person who needs to answer these criticisms. The RCMP had asked me not to answer them when they were first made. I had agreed not to. I was wrong.

By remaining silent, I have allowed inaccurate conclusions to be drawn. The victims' families have been told that some of their loved ones didn't need to die if we had done a better job. I need to speak about that.

A well thought out piece written by the head of the task force.

Police release old sketch to identify Pickton-linked Jane DoeLori Culbert, Postmedia News: Saturday, February 19, 2011

http://www.globaltvbc.com/story.html?id=4316099
Jane Doe remains one of B.C.’s most mysterious missing-person files. The task force believes it has exhausted every effort to identify her through missing-person reports and is now hoping the composite will generate new tips from the public to crack open this old case.

My sister has been ruled out. DNA results were reported back today. (Judith Erin O'donnell)

Here is her information if anyone reading is interested:
www.facebook.com/still looking for judy Judith Erin O'Donnell LKA 11-30-1980
Recent article on the front cover of the Long Island Press :http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/08/18/still-looking-for-judy-judith-erin-odonnell/ by Jaclyn Gallucci, compassionate writer, excellent story for anyone who is looking for their loved ones. Includes information about NaMUs, Billy's Law, and why serial killers are able to go undetected for so long.

Almost four years before Robert Pickton was arrested for a string of horrific murders, the stepmother of one of his victims tried to climb a fence at his notorious pig farm in a desperate search for any signs of the young woman.

Lynn Frey told the missing women's inquiry Monday that she was following a horrible rumour after her stepdaughter vanished from Vancouver's Downtown Eastside in 1997.

Frey said that more than a year after Marnie Frey disappeared, she spoke with a prostitute who relayed the rumour that bodies of Vancouver prostitutes were being stuffed into a wood chipper.

Read it on Global News: Global BC | Missing woman's stepmom followed rumours to pig farm in relentless search

could a mod please update the title of this thread - he's convicted, no longer alleged! also, his trial has been over for almost 4 years so should it be moved to another spot? thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami
Back