Canada - Sentry killed in War Memorial shooting, Ottawa, 22 Oct 2014

The U.S. has long been known as a possible target for ISIS and other terrorists groups. The recent U.S. air bombings in Syria haven't been effective in stopping that threat.

Now our neighbor, Canada, has been targeted. There's no end to the mindless madness these people are wreaking across the world.

The U.S. started airstrikes against ISIS in Syria believing that there was imminent danger to the U.S. Those airstrikes have NOT contained the immediate danger to the U.S. and now Canada has become a target as well.

At this point I don't know what more can be done. That worries me. On 9/11 I thought the worst possible thing had happened. I no longer believe that. I think more and worse things are to come, but I HOPE I'm wrong.

My heart is heavy now over this incident in Ottawa.

I hope you are wrong but my mind says you are 100% correct.

Unconfirmed

@cnnbrk @kellyhobson
Named: @CBS Evening News says dead #shooting suspect is Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a Canadian born in 1982

Unconfirmed

@cnnbrk@kellyhobson
Named:mad:CBSEveningNewssays dead*#shooting*suspect*is Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a Canadian born in 1982
So he was BORN in Canada, but has a distinctive middle-eastern last name?

More proof of being ungrateful for being born in a country that allows freedom of religion and dissenting religious opinions.

More proof that extremists want to destroy the very countries that they were born into and gave them all the opportunities they could ever hope to have?

So I heard a man on Neil Cavuto just now. He was on the phone reporting from Ottawa. I don't recall his name but I believe he was a chief constable. Anyway he was describing to Neil what happened at the War Memorial and he spoke of 3 suspects. I'm still having trouble finding how many suspects there actually are. I got the impression from one report that the guy who killed the soldier was the same now dead gunman in Parliament. Is there better information out there that I have nor heard.Are they still looking for shooters?

Cpl. Nathan Cirillo identified as reservist killed in today's shooting on Parliament Hill:

https://twitter.com/globeandmail/status/525020326816927744/photo/1

My heart aches for this man and his family. I don't think many of us had thought about Canada bearing the brunt of ISIS and other terrorist groups as having been front-line in these despicable attacks.

According to U.S. intel, it was the U.S. most in danger. Now it appears that ANYONE, from any country, that supports the U.S. in their quest to stop these terrorists are equally in danger.

So I heard a man on Neil Cavuto just now. He was on the phone reporting from Ottawa. I don't recall his name but I believe he was a chief constable. Anyway he was describing to Neil what happened at the War Memorial and he spoke of 3 suspects. I'm still having trouble finding how many suspects there actually are. I got the impression from one report that the guy who killed the soldier was the same now dead gunman in Parliament. Is there better information out there that I have nor heard.Are they still looking for shooters?

fat man was killed
skinny with long hair killed soldier

eyewitness account of Dutch tourist at memorial on skinny long hair
eyewitness account of dead fat man by parliament centre block witness

Twitter hashtag #ottawa .. there is a pic alleged to be of the shooter on twitter, but not MSM so won't link.

Algerian descent....the gunman

I'm going to admit upfront my ignorance. His name sounds middle-eastern to me.

So...does Algeria have ties to radical Muslims?

TIA to anyone who replies.

I'm going to admit upfront my ignorance. His name sounds middle-eastern to me.

So...does Algeria have ties to radical Muslims?

TIA to anyone who replies.

I'm sure it does. Has the radical Muslim connection been confirmed?

My heart aches for this man and his family. I don't think many of us had thought about Canada bearing the brunt of ISIS and other terrorist groups as having been front-line in these despicable attacks.

According to U.S. intel, it was the U.S. most in danger. Now it appears that ANYONE, from any country, that supports the U.S. in their quest to stop these terrorists are equally in danger.

Canadians were included in a warning issued by ISIS as recently as Sept 21:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...e-in-your-bedrooms/+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

ISIS urges jihadists to attack Canadians: ‘You will not feel secure in your bedrooms ...

Yes to Algeria and radical Muslim. No confirmation if this is related,but putting 2 and 2 together,I would say yes.

handsome soldier RIP -- someone's son and someone's brother -- condolences to his family

https://twitter.com/ottawasuncom

Canoe ‏@Canoe · 10m10 minutes ago
The soldier shot dead in Wednesday's Ottawa attacks has been named as Cpl. Nathan Cirillo of #HamOnt #ottawashooting

I'm sure it does. Has the radical Muslim connection been confirmed?

No. I'm just speculating based on the last name of the shooter. Frankly, this shooting in Ottawa scares me.

I once thought that only the U.S. was being targeted for retribution, but now that our northern neighbors have been targeted for death (and successfully so today), this is just the beginning of more attacks on the U.S. and Canada, both.

Not meaning to sound like a fear-mongerer, but how long before our other U.S. allies are targeted by radical death squads?

"fat man was killed
skinny with long hair killed soldier

eyewitness account of Dutch tourist at memorial on skinny long hair
eyewitness account of dead fat man by parliament centre block witness"

so they are looking for at least one other guy. Skinny with long hair and according to that Constable possably another?

Its interesting that they did not just try and take out anybody in their path. Clearly it was military and government that were targeted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back