CANADA Canada - Sheryl Sheppard, 29, Hamilton, Ont, 2 Jan 1998

AUDIO.
March 27 2023
1679925831184.png
''This week on the Tracking a Killer: The Cold Case Files podcast, Fil Martino and Madison Fitzpatrick take a look at the unsolved disappearance of 29-year-old Sheryl Sheppard from Hamilton, Ontario.

Sheryl Sheppard was a former exotic dancer turned baker who was newly engaged to be married to Michael Lavoie. He had proposed to her on live TV.

Days later, she disappeared in January of 1998. Police say it was like she vanished off the face of the earth and the last person to see her was her fiancé. According to investigators he had dropped her off at an adult entertainment club in Niagara Falls and she has not been seen or heard from since.

Audette Belmore, Sheryl’s mother is now 78 years old. She has never given up on trying to find out what happened to her daughter.

“I hope somebody could come forward and tell me and police where she is. At least I could put her at rest,” said Belmore.

Detective Sergeant Jason Cattle with Hamilton Police, who is working on Sheryl’s case, said the hardest part of this investigation is that there is nothing physical evidence-wise.

” It’s not like we have DNA at a scene or clothing found somewhere or partial remains. We literally have nothing to go on. That’s what makes this case so difficult ,” said Detective Sergeant Cattle.

Police are urging anyone with information about Sheryl Sheppard’s disappearance to given them a call. You can also contact Crime Stoppers with any tips anonymously.''

JUL 13, 2023
Retired Hamilton police inspector Warren Korol never forgot Sheryl Sheppard, 25 years after she went missing.

“It’s been 25 years since anyone has seen Sheryl and this case still sticks with me,” Korol said in a video released by Hamilton police today (July 13).All these years later, I still think about Sheryl and what might have happened to her.”

Police are renewing their appeal for any tips to help solve the cold case involving the “suspicious disappearance” of the 29-year-old Hamilton woman. Police believe Sheppard is “the victim of foul play.” They are again offering a $50,000 reward to anyone who supplies police with information that leads to an arrest.

“We know there is someone out there that knows what happened to Sheryl,” Korol said. “With time and distance, my hope is someone is now willing to come forward. Sheryl’s family deserves some answers and to know what happened to her.”

[...]

COURTESY HAMILTON POLICE SERVICE

On Jan. 5, 1998, Odette Fisher filed a report to police that Sheppard, her daughter, was missing. Sheppard was last seen by her boyfriend, Michael Lavoie, on Jan. 2, 1998, a few days after he proposed to her and she said yes on live TV during a New Year’s Eve party at the Hamilton Convention Centre.

Sheppard had been living with Lavoie at her mother’s apartment on Queenston Road in Hamilton. Lavoie had lived with her and her mother on and off.

In the video recently released by Hamilton police, an old clip is shown of Lavoie proposing to Sheppard on Dec. 31, 1997 during the New Year’s Eve party. CBC Radio’s Someone Knows Something podcast had reported that Sheppard’smother believed she did not want to marry Lavoie until he got a full-time job and she thought the couple had a “rocky relationship.” Lavoie had denied to police that he had anything to do with her disappearance.

Mike told Sheryl’s mom that he dropped her off at an adult entertainment club in Niagara Falls and hadn’t seen or heard from her since then,” Cattle explained.

“Detectives followed up on that information and checked every adult entertainment club in Niagara Falls. No one had seen a girl matching Sheryl’s description.”

Cattle says a look over Sheppard’s east Hamilton residence “became concerning” noting her clothing and wallet were still in the apartment “as if she left with nothing.”

July 13 2023
''Police are asking anyone with information about this case to contact Det. Sgt. Jason Cattle by calling 905-546-2458 or Det. Trevor Bland at 905-546-4921.

A reward of $50,000 is available to the person who comes forward with information that leads to an arrest.

Watch the Evening News tonight at 6 and 11 p.m. for a full story on the latest developments on this case.

The disappearance of Sheppard was also covered in CBC’s “Somebody Knows Something” podcast.''

I just read through the entire thread and I couldn’t help but notice the 2-3 posts from a “new member” that were completely different than all the others. He seemed to be throwing out crazy ideas about why she must have just disappeared on her own.

Then I remembered the POI is still free. Makes one wonder…

MOO!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor
Back