Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I am devestated. Poor little girl. RIP little hailey and MY heart goes out to her family *advertiser censored*

Do NOT link to a page "thinking" or "guessing" it is the suspect's social media. You must be 100% sure or don't post it. Just because we don't have information on a person's identity doesn't mean we can take wild guesses and hope we're right.

Also, hearing info from a friend of a friend, etc is RUMOR. We don't engage in rumors. Posts containing rumors, and responses or references to the rumor, will be removed in their entirety.

I am curious to know more info on where exactly she was found. I am confused about that. I'm sort of surprised they've been so vague about it.

I am curious to know more info on where exactly she was found. I am confused about that. I'm sort of surprised they've been so vague about it.

Might still be processing the scene and not wanting a flock of reporters and townsfolk showing up. Maybe we'll hear more at the next presser.

perfectingpink asked me to upload this tribute to Hailey and Terry.

[video=youtube;uPit17s0Qng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPit17s0Qng[/video]

Seriously... I know. Especially since Hailey was taken away alive and Terry was killed on site. Why not let her go? Seriously whoever did this could have left her in a parking lot or a doorstep and ran away and that would have been far better than what this evil monster has done. Did the perp think they were in too deep and illogically thought killing her too would somehow help them out? The initial damage was already done, Terry was killed. Why make the decision to kill her too? The perp obviously had time to think about it. Did they illogically think if they were both killed they wouldn't get caught? You already murdered one person, how the hell is killing another going to help you further. I feel so ****ing angry right now.

I think hailey knew his face and name. He thought he would not be found.

So it sounds like if it's what I think happened, he did what he did and then...he just went home?

I do not understand this at all.

I think hailey knew his face and name. He thought he would not be found.

But why take her elsewhere, then? Why take her anywhere at all? He could have killed them both at the house and left them there.

One reason off hand that I can think of as to why he may have taken Hailey instead of killing her at her house is because perhaps he wasn't expecting her to be there. Maybe he knew or suspected that Hailey was to be dropped off at her mom's house (which for whatever reason didn't happen), and so was surprised that she was there. He could have possibly then panicked, especially if the neighbors report is true, and Hailey was heard crying. Perhaps he just wanted to get her out of there so he wouldn't get caught at that moment, and only later decided to kill her (especially if he thought she could identify him).

Whatever the reason, it's just so heartbreaking and sickening.

Im leaning towards the kidnapping theory now. Did terry try and save his daughter.. was he woken by her screams?. THen hailey was taken, and killed by accident.. I really dont know.. IM just hoping this child didnt suffer. ITs just awful

But why take her elsewhere, then? Why take her anywhere at all? He could have killed them both at the house and left them there.

I agree, nothing really makes sense. The whole thing's illogical. I struggle to believe it was an orchestrated plot involving the mother, even one gone terribly wrong. From all indications she didn't want the kid full-time. She works at a Macs while completing her secondary education online as a mature age student. Doesn't really sound like someone desperate to be an everyday mummy. Best I can come up with, somehow Derek believes either that Hailey is his child, or that TB stole CD from him and that Hailey should be his. He becomes increasingly obsessed with the idea that if he can just remove TB from the picture he can have the perfect little family he desires.

Finally he commits, breaks into TB's house late one night, knife in hand. Unfortunately, things don't go as smoothly as he planned. TB wakes, confronts him, they argue and Derek flies into a mad rage, frenziedly stabbing TB. When he snaps out of it he realises Hailey's seen the whole thing, she's crying her eyes out. He panics, nothing's working out like it was supposed to. He still sees Hailey as a means of winning back CD, however, so his only idea is to just get her out of there and try to fix the situation somewhere quieter.

As he drives, though, he begins to think a little more clearly. He realises there's no way he's going to be able to adequately explain what happened at TB's and why he has possession of the child. He gets desperate, scared. Hailey won't stop crying. He's looking for an out, a quick solution. He doesn't really have a choice. He dumps her body in the grass, goes home, smokes some weed, and then goes to bed.

I've just dropped my youngest at school and I'm devestated by this news. Why? Why would someone kill a daddy and his baby? This is all kinds of messed up.

I've just dropped my youngest at school and I'm devestated by this news. Why? Why would someone kill a daddy and his baby? This is all kinds of messed up.

Me too, Blefuscu. Lots of thread to catch up on. Devastating all round :(

I'm not very FB savvy either steelman, but CB's post was at 12:26 and if you look further down, there are other posts referencing the case, made earlier (i.e. 12:01 pm). Don't know why they all just don't show in chronological order (like our timeline minds work, lol).

At the top of the FB post comments, there is the option to show "top comments" or "recent activity". I think "top comments" may be the default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim