GUILTY Canada - Tiki Brook-Lyn Laverdiere, 25, North Battleford, 1 May 2019 *ARRESTS*

PastTense

Reaction score
"June 13, 2019. After attending a funeral on Thunderchild First Nation near North Battleford, Sask., Tiki Brook-Lyn Laverdiere needed to get back home to Edmonton.

“Anyone going to Edmonton from north battleford? Inbox me plz!” the 25-year-old Edmonton woman posted on Facebook on April 30.

The next day would be the last time her family would hear from her...

The Saskatchewan RCMP’s major crime unit is now investigating the Edmonton woman’s case as a homicide due to information they’ve discovered over the past week that pointed to foul play, a police spokesperson said."

An Indigenous woman from Edmonton said she was stranded in Saskatchewan. Her family never heard from her again | The Star

"July 12, 2019. Saskatchewan RCMP have been in contact with the families in two separate suspicious missing persons cases after human remains were found near North Battleford.

According to police on Friday, North Battleford RCMP and the RCMP major crimes unit were conducting a ground search in a rural area outside of North Battleford on Thursday “in relation to an ongoing investigation.” During the search, a canine with the North Battleford RCMP police dog services unit discovered the remains.

An autopsy has been scheduled for next week to confirm the identity. RCMP would not discuss the exact location of the search or confirm gender or any details of the remains. A spokeswoman did confirm that there are only two active suspicious missing persons investigations in the North Battleford area. Investigators have been in contact with the families of Ashley Morin and Tiki Brook-Lyn Laverdiere families, the spokeswoman said. The two unrelated disappearances are being investigated by RCMP as homicides."

Human remains found near North Battleford; RCMP in contact with families of two missing women
_tiki.jpg

The tremendous loss probably refers to the person who died and whose funeral she was attending.

As to how she got there she might have gone with someone else going to the funeral--but that person had different plans for return, or someone else who went to North Battlefort for different reasons--but again had different plans for return or perhaps a bus service--which she want to avoid for the return trip as inconvenient and expensive.

Was there anything interesting at her Facebook site? That is inaccessible to me as I am not a Facebook member.

RCMP in Saskatchewan say they have found the remains of a missing Edmonton woman who they believe is a victim of foul play.

Police says human remains discovered outside of North Battleford, Sask., last week have been identified as Tiki Brook-Lyn Laverdiere.

The 25-year-old Edmonton woman was reported missing on May 12 after the last contact she had with her family was a text on May 1.

Police have said her disappearance was a result of foul play and would be investigated as a homicide.

Remains of missing Edmonton woman found in Saskatchewan, RCMP say | The Star

RCMP in Saskatchewan say they have found the remains of a missing Edmonton woman who they believe is a victim of foul play.

Police says human remains discovered outside of North Battleford, Sask., last week have been identified as Tiki Brook-Lyn Laverdiere.

The 25-year-old Edmonton woman was reported missing on May 12 after the last contact she had with her family was a text on May 1.

Police have said her disappearance was a result of foul play and would be investigated as a homicide.

Remains of missing Edmonton woman found in Saskatchewan, RCMP say | The Star

It sounds like she needed a ride to Edmonton, but no friends or family followed up to see if she got a ride or needed help. If she was a mother (comment #2), why didn't anyone notice that she was missing for 12 days? It seems like something is off here.

I wonder if anyone else who was at the funeral can shed light on when and where she was last seen, who she was with last, what others understood about how she was returning to Edmonton, what family thought was happening, why no one was surprised that she had no contact with her child(ren), whether she lived alone, where she worked and so on. It seems so unusual that someone could vanish and no one noticed for 12 days. I'm curious about her circumstances that made this possible.

Shayla Orthner, 27, of North Battleford, has been charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping, improperly interfering with a human body and theft of a motor vehicle.

Police said Tuesday Danita Thomas, 32, of North Battleford, faces counts of first-degree murder, kidnapping, improperly interfering with a human body and theft of a motor vehicle.

The charges are related to the death of Tiki Brook-Lyn Laverdiere whose remains were found last week by a police dog in a rural area outside North Battleford as part of an investigation into her disappearance two months earlier.

Thomas is to make a court appearance in North Battleford provincial court on Wednesday.

Second North Battleford woman charged in death of Edmonton woman missing since May

RCMP have charged a sixth person in connection to the death of Tiki Laverdiere, an Edmonton woman whose remains were found in Saskatchewan.

On Tuesday, Lloydminster RCMP charged 33-year-old Soaring Eagle Whitstone of the Onion Lake Cree Nation. Police arrested Whitstone at a home in Lloydminster.

Whitstone faces charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping, vehicle theft and improperly interfering with a human body. She’s scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.

In a news release, police said officers expect to make more arrests in the coming weeks.

Saskatchewan RCMP charge 6th person in Tiki Laverdiere homicide

I'm sort of already confused how somebody was arrested as a 2nd suspect, and then the next MSM article posted says a 6th suspect has been arrested? Now I read the article and it says
In a news release, police said officers expect to make more arrests in the coming weeks.

What the hell happened? Is this some sort of modern day lynch mob? AND one of the charged murder suspects is the mother of the person whose funeral she was attending! I need details on this case.

ETA: Found this link also, ‘It just really hurts me’: Mother of murdered Edmonton woman reacts to charges

“She was a young, caring mother of two boys,” Carol said. “She had a heart of gold. She wouldn’t hurt anybody. She was there for people.”

Carol said Tiki didn’t know anyone in North Battleford. She went to the funeral to support the mother of the young man who had died.

She went to support this mother, and she showed her gratitude by murdering her. People are honestly pretty disgusting. JMO

I'm sort of already confused how somebody was arrested as a 2nd suspect, and then the next MSM article posted says a 6th suspect has been arrested? Now I read the article and it says

What the hell happened? Is this some sort of modern day lynch mob? AND one of the charged murder suspects is the mother of the person whose funeral she was attending! I need details on this case.

ETA: Found this link also, ‘It just really hurts me’: Mother of murdered Edmonton woman reacts to charges

She went to support this mother, and she showed her gratitude by murdering her. People are honestly pretty disgusting. JMO

I know, I’m completely confused on this one. I hope we receive more details but Canadian media is so much more hush than American. I recently followed a trial that happened only a few hours from me and there was almost no news on it!

Did the murder group blame poor Tiki for the death of the man whose funeral she attended?

Loosely connecting the dots, I think yes.

I think the man the funeral was for, was the guy seen in Tiki's Facebook pictures in April. Apparently they were in a relationship, and then he died. Not sure how.

My guess is that the mother blamed Tiki; and others carried out the murder, maybe in a mob mentality.

As to how she got there she might have gone with someone else going to the funeral--but that person had different plans for return, or someone else who went to North Battlefort for different reasons--but again had different plans for return or perhaps a bus service--which she want to avoid for the return trip as inconvenient and expensive.

Greyhound shut down last year. There isn't any bus service, which is probably why she was looking for a ride.

Loosely connecting the dots, I think yes.

I think the man the funeral was for, was the guy seen in Tiki's Facebook pictures in April. Apparently they were in a relationship, and then he died. Not sure how.

My guess is that the mother blamed Tiki; and others carried out the murder, maybe in a mob mentality.

I knew it sounded like a lynch mob. It's so disgusting that Tiki went there to provide support to a woman who had probably been scheming and planning out her murder the whole time. Obviously there was some sort of planning and collusion or you wouldn't be seeing 6 arrests so far with LE claiming that they "export more arrests to come"

A couple of background posts on the man murdered (no Websleuths thread for him):

"Police are investigating the death of a 20-year-old man whose body was found near Vegreville, Alta. after a significant amount of his blood was found about 100 kilometres away in Edmonton.

At about 2:45 a.m. on April 5, Edmonton police responded to a trouble-unknown call near 92nd Street and 110th Avenue. Officers found blood on the ground at the back of a home in the neighbourhood.

Hours later, the RCMP Major Crimes unit launched an investigation following the discovery of a body in a vehicle near Vegreville.

On April 15, DNA analysis of the blood found in Edmonton was matched to Tristen Nicholas Morningeagle Cook-Buckle. Three days later, DNA analysis from the Vegreville crime scene was also matched to Cook-Buckle."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-vegreville-homicide-investigation-1.5108361

Anyone find any progress reports on this investigation?

His obituary (compare the list of survivors with the people later arrested):
Obituary for Tristen Nicholas Morningeagle Cook-Buckle | Marshall's Funeral Home

"Roughly three weeks later, his family held a closed-casket funeral for the young man at the Chief James Okanee Memorial Centre on the Thunderchild First Nation in west-central Saskatchewan. One of the attendees, Tiki Laverdiere, 25, who travelled from Edmonton for the funeral, would disappear a short-time later...

Cook, who now lives in Edmonton, said her son was hanging around with a street organization known as Red Alert in Edmonton, but said she wasn't sure if her son had joined the gang. His Facebook profile listed him as a "striker" within the group.

"He kind of kept me in the dark when it came to stuff like that just because I never wanted something like this to happen," she said in an interview from Edmonton. She said Tristen started hanging out with the group around the time of his death, and shortly after, she started witnessing a transformation in her son. "He just changed on me. He wasn't the same Tristen," she said."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/edmonton-homicides-1.5174958

So does his mother somehow blame Tiki for joining this gang? Totally unclear.

A couple of background posts on the man murdered (no Websleuths thread for him):

"Police are investigating the death of a 20-year-old man whose body was found near Vegreville, Alta. after a significant amount of his blood was found about 100 kilometres away in Edmonton.

At about 2:45 a.m. on April 5, Edmonton police responded to a trouble-unknown call near 92nd Street and 110th Avenue. Officers found blood on the ground at the back of a home in the neighbourhood.

Hours later, the RCMP Major Crimes unit launched an investigation following the discovery of a body in a vehicle near Vegreville.

On April 15, DNA analysis of the blood found in Edmonton was matched to Tristen Nicholas Morningeagle Cook-Buckle. Three days later, DNA analysis from the Vegreville crime scene was also matched to Cook-Buckle."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-vegreville-homicide-investigation-1.5108361

Anyone find any progress reports on this investigation?

His obituary (compare the list of survivors with the people later arrested):
Obituary for Tristen Nicholas Morningeagle Cook-Buckle | Marshall's Funeral Home

"Roughly three weeks later, his family held a closed-casket funeral for the young man at the Chief James Okanee Memorial Centre on the Thunderchild First Nation in west-central Saskatchewan. One of the attendees, Tiki Laverdiere, 25, who travelled from Edmonton for the funeral, would disappear a short-time later...

Cook, who now lives in Edmonton, said her son was hanging around with a street organization known as Red Alert in Edmonton, but said she wasn't sure if her son had joined the gang. His Facebook profile listed him as a "striker" within the group.

"He kind of kept me in the dark when it came to stuff like that just because I never wanted something like this to happen," she said in an interview from Edmonton. She said Tristen started hanging out with the group around the time of his death, and shortly after, she started witnessing a transformation in her son. "He just changed on me. He wasn't the same Tristen," she said."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/edmonton-homicides-1.5174958

So does his mother somehow blame Tiki for joining this gang? Totally unclear.

Nice post!

Image below from Tiki's Facebook page, April 17th, 2019. Tiki and Tristen.

Also from Facebook, Tiki was in Edmonton on March 26th.

From the link above, Tristen was murdered less than 2 weeks later on April 5th.

I'm sure Tiki's death wasn't random, and possibly could be related to her visit to Edmonton. She may have been blamed (rightly or wrongly) for something that enraged a lot of people.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 10.15.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 10.15.51 AM.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 47
Wow... what on earth happened here

This certainly puts a new lens on missing and murdered indigenous women in Canada. Hopefully, consequences for those responsible will be more severe than a short stint in a healing lodge.

"The Morin family was there for her family after Tiki’s disappearance, Carol Laverdiere said, adding people need to know about what is happening to Indigenous women."​

Tiki Brook-Lyn Laverdiere: RCMP find remains of Edmonton woman near North Battleford

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallgirl
Back