Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #3 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the ad from the witness from the first test drive? I'm wondering how what made his and Tim's truck different. Right now my theory is that the first test driven truck didn't have something DM wanted... possibly Tim Bosma.

For those saying the truck was the target I have to disagree with you. If the truck was the target why resort to murder to get it? And if you're planning on murder anyways why not go with the first truck you test drove?

The first truck was a fleet vehicle belonging to a business and would possibly have GPS. I seem to remember this being mentioned in a previous quote, that the owner became somewhat suspicious when asked about GPS.

It's so odd of you to say 'stealth mission'...when I heard of AM being cleared I wondered if maybe his FB would come back up, so I went up to my link bar and started typing in his name, my link bar saves previous places...and there was AM's facebook...but when I clicked on it, it changed from his name to facebook.com/stealthmissions

I spent a good 10 minutes googling 'stealth missions' and what it might mean and came up blank...thought I was just losing my marbles!

stealthmissions was his facebook url - when you open a facebook acc`t, you have the option of renaming your url

BKPRzZjCcAAXIEv.jpg

Here is another look at the police investigation of the Millard farm near Cambridge. Tim Bosma #sl pic.twitter.com/bc9RGrvRUn

Source: https://twitter.com/trevorjdunn

The first truck was a fleet vehicle belonging to a business and would possibly have GPS. I seem to remember this being mentioned in a previous quote, that the owner became somewhat suspicious when asked about GPS.

That was me, and I said it MAY have been a question asked... There was no comment from police what the "other" red flag to the owner was

One thing that has been bothering me for a bit now...is why did he want to sell the truck in the first place? AND why kijiji, for that amount!!! Why not a dealer??

Usually when 'boys sell their toys' it's because of a very few reasons, financial hardship (which I don't really see being the case) wife doesn't want it around anymore, or the family is growing.
Please tell me it wasn't because the family was growing :(

I read he listed it both on Autotrader and Kijiji. Very common to do this now. People sell privately because dealers offer so much less. It is worth the hassle of a private sale. I listed an old Volvo on Autotrader and Craigslist. The sale came through Craiglist. This was years ago. TB's truck was a 2007. It is 2013. Not an unusual amount of time to sell a car after six years of ownership.

I've seen tweets that AM was cleared but can't find the links..anyone have it?

During the Press Conference at 2:30 p.m. today, a reporter asked the question about AM's involvement and the police officer answered that he has been questioned and cleared of any involvment.

I read he listed it both on Autotrader and Kijiji. Very common to do this now. People sell privately because dealers offer so much less. It is worth the hassle of a private sale. I listed an old Volvo on Autotrader and Craigslist. The sale came through Craiglist. This was years ago. TB's truck was a 2007. It is 2013. Not an unusual amount of time to sell a car after six years of ownership.

I've sold my car off Kijiji in early 2012... This event definitely set a precedent.

I mentioned this before, but I don't understand the 'cash flow' argument--it sounds like the assumption is that DM wouldn't have $25,000 cash lying around, which, fair enough--but with all those other assets I don't see how he would have any problems arranging for a line of credit for the purchase. Or, heck, use one of those convenience checks from your credit card. (Unless his credit is destroyed by something we don't know about, such as a personal bankruptcy).

DM obviously was familiar with moving money and assets around, including purchasing real estate, heavy equipment, other vehicles, etc. I don't think it was a problem arranging payment. Unfortunately I think they wanted the thrill of a kill.

if one is in the chopshop business, why would they even consider paying for something they can steal

An incinerator is for disposal of hazardous waste; medical waste; animals or cadavers. It's very clean and they go up to 1100 Celsius in most cases. Teeth are still almost together at 1100 Celsius.
Link

I mentioned this before, but I don't understand the 'cash flow' argument--it sounds like the assumption is that DM wouldn't have $25,000 cash lying around, which, fair enough--but with all those other assets I don't see how he would have any problems arranging for a line of credit for the purchase. Or, heck, use one of those convenience checks from your credit card. (Unless his credit is destroyed by something we don't know about, such as a personal bankruptcy).

DM obviously was familiar with moving money and assets around, including purchasing real estate, heavy equipment, other vehicles, etc. I don't think it was a problem arranging payment...

I would agree with that part of your post, ArianeEmory.

"Det.-Sgt. Matt Kavanaugh said investigators believe Bosma was targeted but would not discuss a motive."
(http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/14/police-update-tim-bosma-case)

I suppose that comment could be interpreted in various ways, but I understand it to mean there could have been another motive other than the obvious one of simply stealing a truck.

Anyhow to prove murder in Canada, I don't believe there has to be a motive, just 'intent'.

if one is in the chopshop business, why would they even consider paying for something they can steal

Yup, and by indications of pictures on AM's now defunct fb page... Quite feasible that it was a chop shop operation

New here. I've been following this closely since the beginning and live close to many of the locations of events in this tragic story.

What I'm wondering if Tim might have been a personal target for reasons unknown at this point and they checked out the other exact same vehicle from the other ad to get a close view of the inside , and get comfortable to best follow out their plan with Tim later.
Of if there may have even been some thought into getting a matching vehicle so that if anything pointed to them or they were seen with the same truck, they could show the ownership of another truck the same to prove innocence in this case but they decided against it when they picked up on the other owner's suspicion of them.
Just wonderings.....

He was targeting because that was the truck they wanted to steal. They test drove another one the day before and perhaps it was not exactly what they were looking for or as they have reported the man was rather large and perhaps they could not follow through or some reason so they found another truck matching the description and sadly that was TB's...this has nothing to do with TB sadly it was about wanting a specific truck. DM is charged with first degree murder meaning they planned it meaning they targeted the victim in order to steal his truck. I think everyone is reading too much into this
so they must have some video fottage of the area where the test drive took place in Toronto, they arrived there on foot as well, perhaps the same deal was suppose to go down but they backed off for some reason...this same said crew of criminals and the same said vehicle should be in waiting with that test drive as well make sense?

An incinerator is for disposal of hazardous waste; medical waste; animals or cadavers. It's very clean and they go up to 1100 Celsius in most cases. Teeth are still almost together at 1100 Celsius.
Link

Now I don't know the size dimensions of that incinerator... But... Would a complete adult person fit in one? Particularly this one?

Hmmmm. Now why would an air hangar operator need an industrial incinerator?

if he was excavating at the farm property as is suggested by all the photos of heavy equipment, then the incinerator could`ve been used to burn branches & garbage

so they must have some video fottage of the area where the test drive took place in Toronto, they arrived there on foot as well, perhaps the same deal was suppose to go down but they backed off for some reason...this same said crew of criminals and the same said vehicle should be in waiting with that test drive as well make sense?

No I think it was stated they had video footage of vehicle following bosmas truck...

This case needs some Det. Jim Smythe. JMO

another thought - i wonder if, during the 1st/sunday/daytime test drive, another vehicle started to follow them and THAT was what made the seller suspicious? the 2 guys walked up to his business, but then suddenly had "friends" pull up behind them? or maybe there was a phone call made during that time in which one of the guys in the truck with the seller made a comment that could have called things off?
sorry I did not see your comment before thinking the same thing, my thoughts exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby-Doo