Found Deceased Canada - Vanessa Fotheringham, 24, London ON, 16 Feb 2012

Wondering if Vanessa's family and friends are still looking for her?

Someone (a woman) actually asked about Vanessas' case at the presentation of Murder City & fwiw I still think about her often. Vanessa Fotheringham, Samuel Lottery & Patricia Bordato are pretty much always there in the back of my mind. I can't imagine what their families go through.

Where is Vanessa Fotheringham?

Bumping for Vanessa..

http://www.missing-u.ca/MPDetail.aspx?PersonID=2092

"Vanessa FOTHERINGHAM, age 21, was last seen in London, Ontario leaving her family residence on foot. She leads a high risk lifestyle but it is out of the ordinary for her not to contact her daughter. Vanessa is coping with substance abuse problems.
Case # 20120019OPP
Name Vanessa Anne FOTHERINGHAM
Alias Natasha
Date Last Seen 16 Feb 2012
Age At Last Seen 24
Date of Birth 15 Jul 1987
Sex Female
Race Caucasian
Height (cm) 155 - 165
Height (Imp.) 5 ft 1 - 5 ft 4
Weight (kgs.) 47 - 51
Weight (lbs.) 103 - 112
Build slim
Dentition Both front teeth had been broken off and refilled (not capped)
Hair Brown; Longer than Shoulder straight
Beard
Moustache
Sideburns
Facial Hair (Desc.)
Eye Colour Brown
Eyewear
Eyewear Description
Features Tattoo, Top Right Foot, "Tyra 10-31-05" written in cursive surrounded by stars, Tattoo, Shoulder Left Arm, hummingbird/sparrow in dark ink, not coloured
Clothing black "Baby Phat" jacket with an emblem on the back; multi-coloured running shoes
Personal Property pink Blackberry; black purse; pink 10" Netbook laptop
Location London, Ontario;
Agency London Police Service
CONTACT US

1-877-9FIND ME (1-877-934-6363) Toll Free in Canada or
email us at Tips or at opp.isb.resolve@ontario.ca
(705) 330-4144 for local or outside of Canada
A reward may be offered for information leading to the successful resolution of this case."

I recently found out that my boyfriend attended high school with Vanessa. With Shelley Desrochers missing as well, Vanessa has been on my mind. They both have to be SOMEWHERE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.nampn.org/cases/fotheringham_vanessa_anne.html

fotheringham_vanessa2.jpg fotheringham_vanessa1.jpg

Missing Since: February 16, 2012 from London, Ontario
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: July 15, 1987
Height: 5'1" - 5'4"
Weight: 103 - 112 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Both front teeth had been
broken off and refilled but not capped. Long, straight brown hair.
Tattoo, Top Right Foot, "Tyra 10-31-05" written in cursive surrounded
by stars, Tattoo, Shoulder Left Arm, hummingbird/sparrow in dark ink,
not coloured.
Clothing: Black "Baby Phat" jacket with an emblem on the back;
multi-coloured running shoes also had a pink Blackberry, black purse,
pink 10" Netbook laptop

AKA: Natasha
Case Number: 20120019OPP
rbbm.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
London Police Service
519-661-5670

Vanessa Fotheringham, you have not been forgotten.

I noticed this from several weeks ago and wondered if this incident might be in any way related....as a female was forced to drive this person.

http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/2012/03/suspect-wanted-for-sexual-assault-charges/
"Man charged with sexual assault, forcible confinement (update)

UPDATE: The London police have arrested a man wanted in a sexual assault investigation.

On Saturday (March 3), police responded to a report of a sexual assault and forcible confinement at an address in London. The adult male suspect threatened and sexually assaulted a female and then forced the victim to drive him back to the Oneida First Nation.

This case is not related in anyway to the missing girl Vanessa. (This specific case was isolated to one person)

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/04/11/vanessa-fotheringham-24-was-reported-missing-in-february-2012

London police have charged a man in the death of Vanessa Fotheringham, a London mother who went missing in 2012.

Antonio Valentin Resendez Cortez, 32, is charged with one count of second degree murder.

Resendez Cortez's whereabouts are unknown, police said.

The two were known to each other.
What Boggles my mind is the 4 year time span to figure this out.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

No body and his whereabouts are unknown. That is frightening. I wonder what the charges are based on.

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/04/11/no-sign-of-accused-killer-of-vanessa-fotheringham-cop-says

After London police laid a second-degree murder charge Monday morning in the disappearance of London mother Vanessa Fotheringham, reporter Jennifer O'Brien spoke to London police Det. Insp. Kevin Heslop, head of criminal investigations, about the case and about the man charged, Antionio Valentin Resendez Cortez, 32.

Very good interview, thanks for posting it!
Some of the questions asked and answers from the link and pic of the poi.

Antonio Valentin Resendez Cortez

1297823727827_ORIGINAL.jpg

Q: Are London police actively searching for Resendez Cortez? Are any other police services/forces involved?

A: We have, for the most part, exhausted locations where we can search. We are fairly confident he fled our jurisdiction (Police believe he left London in 2012, after Fotheringham went missing).

Q: What led to the murder charge at this time?

A: He's been a person of interest for some time. These cases never come together on a single piece of evidence. The charge is based on an accumulation of evidence investigators have gathered to date. We are now at the point where we feel we are less likely to find more evidence, so we are now looking for help from the public.

Q: Do you believe he is in Canada? if not, where do you believe he is?

A: We have no idea where he is right now.

Q: We see his name and profile popping up on a couple of (social networking) websites. Same name, same age. One in Toronto, another in Mexico. Is that him?

A: Investigators would have more information on that.

Q: Do you have any idea where Vanessa's body may be? Are police looking for her body?

A: We've exhausted our search for Vanessa's body. We are hoping for input from the public. If anyone has any information however small, we'll pursue. We are interested in whatever lead someone can (provide)
rbbm.

I think this is a good move on the part of London Police, and the timing couldn't be better. There is a meeting being held downtown London by community members and agencies to drum up ideas to find these missing women in London, being led by the team looking for Shelley Desrochers. I think it is excellent they are finally moving forward with what they know and sharing it with the public. Unfortunately my guess is that this dude is in Mexico.

Hoping that we have been as considerate to the family as possible, would not wish to cause them any more pain - just hoping that posting here might help find this obviously beloved woman.

http://www.am980.ca/2016/04/11/85845/

London Police also released the following statement from Fotheringham’s family:

At this time, we, Vanessa’s family, would like to ask the media and public to please respect our preference to remain private as these charges unfold. As you can imagine, this is a very difficult time for the family. This is a real tragedy for us and Vanessa is in our thoughts and prayers daily.

snip

We greatly appreciate and thank the City of London Police Department for their work throughout this case and in bringing us to where we are today. And we also would like to thank family and friends for their comforting kind words and prayers. It will be that support and love we receive that will make us be survivors through all this.

A google search actually shows a social media profile of this guy showing a location in Toronto. They need to blow up everyone's Facebook etc. feeds with his picture. This needs to be bigger news.

I think this is a good move on the part of London Police, and the timing couldn't be better. There is a meeting being held downtown London by community members and agencies to drum up ideas to find these missing women in London, being led by the team looking for Shelley Desrochers. I think it is excellent they are finally moving forward with what they know and sharing it with the public. Unfortunately my guess is that this dude is in Mexico.

Juli99, can you provide any more info on this meeting? I'd like to attend if it is open to the public

This was the post on the Team Shelley Facebook page. I just noticed it was actually today not tomorrow. Sorry!

https://www.facebook.com/Team-Shelley-527533620740419/?fref=ts

Hello everyone we are having a meeting at the Central Library across from the Little Red Roasters in Downtown London on April 11, 2016 @ 12:30pm everyone is welcome to join us to share ideas for an up coming event surrounding our Missing Women
Loved ones and friends. I put a call out to all agencies and small businesses and family and friends of our missing women also the strangers
that have shown us support and love and of course the community, all that are apart of Team Shelley. If you can help or have ideas or just want to show support for the families of the missing please join us April 11, 2016 Central Library downtown London at 12:30pm Can't wait to see you all there and thank you for your love and support!

A google search actually shows a social media profile of this guy showing a location in Toronto. They need to blow up everyone's Facebook etc. feeds with his picture. This needs to be bigger news.
However there are also reports from the police that he has SM accounts that say he is in Mexico as well so it makes it difficult to point exactly where he is located on SM.

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/04/11/vanessa-fotheringham-24-was-reported-missing-in-february-2012

“The charge is based on an accumulation of evidence investigators have gathered to date. We are now at the point where we feel we are less likely to find more evidence, so we are now looking for help from the public.”

Anyone with information about the investigation is asked to call London police at 519-661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-888-222-8477.

On Badoo.com, a website for meeting people, Resendez-Cortez lists his location as Toronto and in what appears to be a recent photograph is standing in a winter coat in a snowy scene.
He also states that his relationship status is single and describes his appearance as “5’ 7”, 159 lbs, average body and black hair.”
His first language is Spanish and his English is “average.”
On another website for meeting people, Resendez-Cortez lists his birthplace as the state of Queretano in Central Mexico, just north of Mexico City.

Heslop said investigators believe Fotheringham has been dead since February 2012.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back