Car Seat in 98 Pontiac POLL ADDED

Are the 3 car seats in post 88 the same?

• 1 and 2 are the same

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • 1 and 3 are the same

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • 2 and 3 are the same

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • All 3 are different

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • All 3 are the same

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Not enough detail to say for sure

Votes: 31 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bolded above by me. I was reading the earlier posts on this thread and a thought came to mind. Why oh why would you put your precious granddaughters car seat in the attic when you were professing that she was alive and expected her to return? CA was definitely trying to hide this carseat. Will be interesting in the future to see just where LE was going in their line of questioning about these two seats.

ITA - and found LDB's concentration on the carseats in her depo questioning fascinating. She wouldn't have spent so much time on them if it was not an issue. I'm also wondering if that car seat went into the attic before or after the second search warrant was executed.

Okay, this may be farfetched (but we're all going there anyway), but what if Caylee's Mama doll got fluid on it and was somehow wedged behind her, or placed facing the back of the carseat? Could that possibily leave a face-like impression?

It has always bothered me that CA said in her August depo that she took a wet wipe and cleaned off the doll because she was rather dirty. This is right after they brought the car home and she was frantic to find KC and Caylee. Why on earth would CA feel the need to stop everything and prioritize wiping off a doll before she even located her daughter or called LE???

Cecy, I was just copying your thought over on the trunk stains thread without knowing it. I couldn't think why/how mama doll would be wedged under or behind Caylee, but the thought had crossed my mind and I was just remembering about Cindy saying mama doll's face had been dirty and she'd wiped it off or something along those lines.
Then today I was looking at a shot of the little face imprint/image, and it looked eerily like a miniature image of Casey's face to me. Too weird.
Anyway who knows, maybe it really is from mama doll.

Bolded above by me. I was reading the earlier posts on this thread and a thought came to mind. Why oh why would you put your precious granddaughters car seat in the attic when you were professing that she was alive and expected her to return? CA was definitely trying to hide this carseat. Will be interesting in the future to see just where LE was going in their line of questioning about these two seats.

Really. Why not just throw it away?

They a did test on the bag using a female officer. they pushed her face into the bag many times until they found the pressure that would leave a face imprint. It was fascinating. That is how they were able to determine that the force required to leave an imprint on the plastic was sufficient and consistent with suffocation.

Wow! That's impressive! Thanks, JBean. :)

thanks for bumping up the thread and bringing up the old pic too, you guys. The stains on the strap pad (under normal lighting) looked kind of rust colored to me. What do you think? Kind of like heavy, directional globs or drips. I know toddlers spill all kinds of things on their car seats, and I hope those are just innocent stains, but I was trying to imagine what a 2 year old would have been eating or spilling to make kind of heavy globs of a rusty looking stain like that. Can't really imagine a 2 year old eating something with big globs of ketchup or anything. Wonder if this is important evidence? These photos jumped out at me more from the new photo release than anything else, how about you? It made my mind go back to the discussions of Cindy breaking down while describing cleaning out the car, when she mentioned the car seat. Hope it's just nothing, maybe juice or milk or something could actually turn kind of rusty colored like that over time? The stains looked more globby than juice. Well. I wonder what the lab found out about them.

These photos jumped out at me also. All kinds of things ran through my mind. Like I know when my kids where in car seats, lots of different food/drink got spilled and wiped on the seat from little fingers. But then I thought, why would they include these into evidence if they are only showing harmless food stains?

I am very interested to hear what these stains are. Was Caylee attacked while in her car seat. Did she die while being strapped in? Such awful thoughts. And the miniture face print is just weird. It's too small to be Caylee's isn't it? That only leaves the doll. IDK??? Very strange to see these and then remember that CA wiped the doll's face off. Is there any chance LE could have gotten the trash and gotten the wipes that CA used to clean the doll's face, and had them tested? Since we haven't heard anything like that, it's doubtful. Too bad though.

moo

I came to :bump: this thread but there has been a post today! I came because of the sleuthing being done on the "stain in trunk liner" thread. I think maybe Caylee was in her car seat, drugged and that is when Casey applied the duct tape. IMHO.

Did LE/FBI say that the carseat looked like it had been washed or wiped down? I have never seen the picture you are talking about with a face imprint of some sort. Is it here somewhere? TIA

It boggles my mind that Cindy says Caseys car seat was black and white. It was clearly black and dark grey as shown in the pics. So Cindy, goes through the car, lifts up carseat to see if anything was under it, finds mama doll in the seat, has seen the carseat since Caylee was an infant, likely even purchased it, and recalls that it was black and white? She probably even sold the pic of Caylee in the carseat that we have all seen...and can't remember its color? The only white I see on it is the Eddie Bauer logo (in plain sight) yet she doesn't remember the brand. This is so Cindy. I don't buy it. What is she plotting? Hmmm.

I think the significance of the car seat is that Caylee was taped to it. Wasn't it the 13" piece of tape that had fringe hair(chest or neck) on it? What would be the point of taping Caylee's chest unless you are going to tape it to something? Maybe adhesive was found on the carseat and the SA was trying to verify the fact that that specific carseat was KC's. The was speculation early on that Caylee did not have on clothes. Someone posted yesterday that all the items were found in the garage. Plastic bags, laundry bag, duct tape and possible dirty clothes(striped shorts and pink shirt). LE verified in their communication that the car seat had been placed in a box and nothing had been had been done to it. That could have been asked to verify that LE did not tape anything to it.

Here's my thought process on this. I have to ask why. Why would they need to switch/hide car seats?

What was on the car seat? Blood could be washed off unless it got in the cracks or maybe on the straps. Sticky duct tape residue couldn't be wiped off as easily, and would collect fibers.

Can we see the one in the attic? Is it the brown/tan one?

Were maggots on the car seat, and Cindy did make a switch?

Why are they questioning CA specifically about those car seats?

GA will say he buckled Caylee into which ever color car seat Cindy tells him to.

Now, I've got to ask a what question? What happened to make the car seat have to be tampered with or hidden?

Yes, as someone mentioned, Cindy had time to wash the knife and the pants. And so, I doubt Cindy just sprayed Febreze without wiping down that car. After scrubbing that smell out as best she could, she then actually ate her sandwich, and went back to work! She didn't even know what had happened at that point. It does make you wonder, doesn't it?

I agree with all of you who think this is worth thinking about, and trying to find out more. It isn't a matter of LE not doing enough, but the fact that evidence has been tampered with by the suspect's family, as I see it.

P.S. BTW, there's a whole long interesting thread about the Mama doll.

LOL!!! They are soooo on to her! They also ask...what stores did you buy items for Caylee at...she rattles off the names of some stores.. I can guarantee you...she paid with check or credit card for a carseat. They have already tracked the item through her bank/credit card company. I believe the truth will be is that she bought both Eddie Bauer Seats at the same time. And OCSO knows everything. I don't believe Casey bought her own. George will be the carseat alibi..of course...now that his story has changed and he now remembers walking them out to the car and helping Caylee in that last day. Another LIE.

]A grey and black carseat has been admitted as evidence - it is the pic #3 posted earlier.[/B] CA said in her depo that hers is in the attic and it is a different color (I think she said it was brown and tan).

Things we know now:
1. Cindy was protecting Casey before LE even took the car.
2. The doll switch possibility is even more likely.
3. Nothing Cindy ever says is just mind-numbing, irrelevant Blah-Blah-Blah. (even though it sounds that way)..look for calculated hidden agendas in everything she says. Yes..even the yard sale mumbo jumbo.

Also, Cindy's carseat straps would be adjusted to the correct position for Caylee at age 2+...she did take Caylee to Mt. Dora in her car. As pointed out earlier by another poster, the height of the pad/straps, when adjusted, do stay put until you readjust.
So the pad in chair #3 LE has, did not just slide down on it's own. It was adjusted to that position.

That's why she was asked in the depo if she moved the straps/adjusted the chair. They know by the FBI interview there are more than 2 chairs. They know the straps should not be in that position for her age. They know George's might still be if it was not used since he returned after the separation. He likely would have stored it at home when he left for 6-7 months. He left when Caylee was 4 months old. And they know it is not Casey's by the photos alone, as we now know. And they know now after the depo that Cindy may likely say Georges went unused so it was sold in the yard sale around Caylee's 2nd birthday.
It also may explain why the carseat, as we know of yet, sits in a box in evidence only visually examined as described in the most up to date documents we have seen. No other testing has occured that we have been made aware of yet.

I am not sure where the mention of stains comes in. I can't find any docs that mention it. Here is the report from when they took the carseat. It doesn't mention any staining.
http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530237.pdf

And there is a link in this thread to later doc where the lab is saying they will only examine the seat visually for any stains. It is still sealed in the box in evidence.

FBI report that car seat (sample Q47) was tested for blood and Chloroform. Both negative. Still no mention of stains.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/18740657/detail.html

Note- Specimen was labeled item # Q45 per OCSO and changed to Q47 per FBI.

Interesting FBI note.http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21147519/detail.html
Pg 8390
fbi2-1.jpg

Hard to read..but it says:

(Siebert)- Will do a visual on carseat- unsure of value due to circumstances.

I am looking at the pictures of the carseat from the set of pictures that Musicman got for us. They are very good quality, and you can zoom in on them. To me it looks like the carseat is splattered with dried blood. It also appears that it glowed when sprayed with luminol.[/quote
]

I'm wondering if anyone has a link to a higher resolution version of the picture of caylee in the carseat that was linked earlier in the thread. (This one).

There were visible stains on the car seat in some of the photos released yesterday... it would be interesting to see if they're there in that old photo where Caylee is in the seat. (Even though earlier reports of tests on the car seat say that blood wasn't found on it.)

ETA: pictures of one of the stains on the carseat.

ITA - and found LDB's concentration on the carseats in her depo questioning fascinating. She wouldn't have spent so much time on them if it was not an issue. I'm also wondering if that car seat went into the attic before or after the second search warrant was executed.

With the carseat stain pictures, the question of Caylee possibly having lost a tooth has come up again, don't know if the links to the old discussions have already been posted, in case anyone's looking, here's a link and about halfway down that page, more links :) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90599&highlight=Caylee's+teeth&page=3

What are the ring shaped stains I wonder? Like in photo 65

I came to :bump: this thread but there has been a post today! I came because of the sleuthing being done on the "stain in trunk liner" thread. I think maybe Caylee was in her car seat, drugged and that is when Casey applied the duct tape. IMHO.

RespecfullyQuoted Websleuthers :bow:

I do not have an opinion on the debate of "is it the same car seat or not" because I have not looked into that. I remembered how the car seat had been taken into evidence and a doc dump where we had seen pictures of the car seat and it had "stains." My theory right now is that Casey drugged Caylee in her room and carried her out to the car and put her in the car seat, drove to where she could get in the back to duct tape Caylee and put her in the trunk.

I reread this thread and grabbed some posts to give a review. And, to bolster the theory I'm putting forth. That something happened in the car seat that was a part of Caylee's death. Speculation of a tooth and or blood is beyond me for me right now and can be understood more by reading the whole thread. But the idea that an unconscious Caylee was drooling while strapped in and that saliva could be tested(?)is where I am going with choosing the posts I have. The posts I collected do not reflect everything that is in this thread and cannot be taken as a true overview of all opinions.

http://photobucket.com/images/caylee anthony/?page=5&sortby=sevendaysview&source=header

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/19106388/detail.html

:cow:

Did LE/FBI say that the carseat looked like it had been washed or wiped down? I have never seen the picture you are talking about with a face imprint of some sort. Is it here somewhere? TIA

Hello pip :wave:

Here is a link I found with the evidence pictures of the car seat. In my previous post I have a few links from earlier in this thread. I remember there being a thread just about whether or not that is a "face" on the car seat. I will look for that and post it here IIRC, and if it exists. :peace:

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/22578565/detail.html

Hello pip :wave:

Here is a link I found with the evidence pictures of the car seat. In my previous post I have a few links from earlier in this thread. I remember there being a thread just about whether or not that is a "face" on the car seat. I will look for that and post it here IIRC, and if it exists. :peace:

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/22578565/detail.html
I don't see a face imprint in those pictures. Why would a face imprint be on the carseat? How could you sit backwards in the chair to make one? It looks pretty stained like maybe she spilled stuff in it like juices, maybe snacks, which wouldn't be unusual imo, no blood or dna was found as far as I know in the chair, unless CA washed it before they got it.

bumping ~
Attached to AH's depo of February 2011 is a calendar with a notation that a carseat was found in the Pontiac.

Did we ever find out for certain what became of the other carseat (the one that should have been in CA's car that she claimed was in the attic)?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpfulorNosyAF
Back