Casey Anthony reportedly planning to dump lawyer Jose Baez

You assume that because his house is in foreclosure that he has no money. I would not assume that Mary B. He may just want to get rid of the houses, ever think of that?

my snip
whoa puppies...I sincerely hope happy people with money DO NOT go into FORECLOSURE because they want to get rid of a house!!

ok, it's a step above setting it on fire and claiming arson but sheesh!

I just recently saw him on TV with Gary Giordano, another high profile client. And it appears as though GG may walk free just like FCA has done.

Baez is doing just fine, imo. He will have plenty of clients and he is crafty and cunning enough to skirt the ethical boundaries well enough to win some more cases.

Exactly, and this one was all over the news and will be. He is not exactly free - he is out, but I believe the case is stillgoing on. But as you said, another high profile case and the guy is not sitting in prison.

Thank you for your post. Not because you agree, because we are not ALL sitting here posting that Baez is done for etc. etc. when it is just not true. I want to hear things, but I want it to be what is true and it is just not true to say he is desititute and no one will hire him.

As for KC, I don't see a great future for her, but I don'tthink she is bright enough to realize how serious her future is - she is dimwitted at so many thngs - I disagree when Ashton said he was impressed with her being able to think up a lie on the fly and a good one. I never found any of the lies good.

Anyway, I digress.

Um....isn't stating that her defense attorney "wasn't there to find the truth" make the truth irrelevant? that is how it seems to me, CA's defense team went one step further they concocted a lie. All the time knowing Caylee was dead at the hands of her mother. So they knew the truth and it was irrelevant.

If the lawyer finds evidence that his client did do it, he doesn't have to tell anyone. But he would have to recuse himself from defending the individual - the ruling prevents a lawyer from lying in a court of regulation, as well as suborning perjury. A lawyer couldn't legitimately or ethically go on defending the client if he found proof that the client was within fact guilty.

This is what a defense attorney is supposed to do

BBM

We established long ago on this board that what's right does not matter in the world of defense attorneys. What can be proven is what matters. Mark Eiglarsh said so, many times before the verdict. We don't like it, but that's the way it is. The truth is not irrelevant to us, but it is indeed irrelevant to defense attorneys.

my snip
whoa puppies...I sincerely hope happy people with money DO NOT go into FORECLOSURE because they want to get rid of a house!!

ok, it's a step above setting it on fire and claiming arson but sheesh!

Donald Trump stays in foreclosure, and he stays rich.

I thought he was stoned faced and did that really well. I had no idea what was happening. He never showed horror or disbelief. Were we watching the same Judge. I think you felt horror and disbelief as we all did, but Perry was totally professional and showed no reaction at all. Check it out again.

I only noticed that he glanced at it really quickly and then read more slowly then slammed the papers down, but that was all.

And you know this how. You have access to his accounts to know how much money he has and you know that no one wants to hire him too? and his law career is over.

All of this in your humble opinion. Can you provide some backup MaryB or are we just hearing what you wish would be the truth.

You assume that because his house is in foreclosure that he has no money. I would not assume that Mary B. He may just want to get rid of the houses, ever think of that?

Why yes, I do. LOL

Well let's see. He has a history of financial problems all listed by the bar and that's the reason why he wasn't allowed in the bar for several several years. My goodness he couldn't even pay a measly $200/month for child support while he leased a Miata and defaulted on those payments as well. History is my backup. History as long as my arm of a man who isn't financially responsible and always spent more than his worth. Do I have direct proof-NO, but you don't either.

His actions say it all. He needs money He wants money. He's pissed FCA's videos are out there. He's at the end of the ropes.

What criminal in the US would ever hire JB with the taint of FCA still on him? That's a death sentence.

And, YES, I'm sure JB just wanted to get rid of his houses even though he had quite a bit of equity in those houses. Yes, you must be right. You have the proof. LOL!

I realize you dislike him to the point of hatred but not everyone feels that way MaryB. He is known for getting off someone who was pretty much despised. I can turn on a number of shows and if they are talking about this case, they will always have some who think the verdict was fair - that the prosecution failed to prove she did it.

So, you can denigrate his work as much as you like and his "*advertiser censored* backwards" whatever, but he won an unwinnable case. And his life as he said, has changed.

I realize you want to believe he is living in squalor and miserable and no one wants him, but I believe it was about two months ago that he was having dinner with Frank Langella and B. Walters and others.

He is far from miserable. Sorry.

This isn't personal, everyone is entitled to an opinion without censure this is Websleuths not ****** ******.

About winning an unwinable case, that is a fallacious statement, as he won it was never unwinable, n'est-ce pas?

BBM

We established long ago on this board that what's right does not matter in the world of defense attorneys. What can be proven is what matters. Mark Eiglarsh said so many times before the verdict. We don't like it, but that's the way it is. The truth is not irrelevant to us, but it is indeed irrelevant to defense attorneys.

... or in JB's case, not so much what can be 'proven' but to what degree he can get away with un-supportable 'inferences' without getting disbarred to plant that seed of doubt.

Exactly, and this one was all over the news and will be. He is not exactly free - he is out, but I believe the case is stillgoing on. But as you said, another high profile case and the guy is not sitting in prison.

Thank you for your post. Not because you agree, because we are not ALL sitting here posting that Baez is done for etc. etc. when it is just not true. I want to hear things, but I want it to be what is true and it is just not true to say he is desititute and no one will hire him.

As for KC, I don't see a great future for her, but I don'tthink she is bright enough to realize how serious her future is - she is dimwitted at so many thngs - I disagree when Ashton said he was impressed with her being able to think up a lie on the fly and a good one. I never found any of the lies good.

Anyway, I digress.

I agree with you that Casey is dimwitted. She is living in He!! right now and does not even recognize it, imo. Baez is not dumb. He was very crafty during that trial. He used that old, wrinkled huge pad of paper on purpose. We all laughed at it, as if he was incompetent. But it was all part of his act--the underdog routine. Smile and talk sweet to the jury, and act like the poor downtrodden man of the people, trying to slay the dragon of the state. He played his part perfectly. He gave a brilliant opening. It is hard to admit that but he did. He hit it out of the park. Of course, there is that little matter of ethics and morals and being illegal. He LIED and he knew it was all a lie. The depo that was just released PROVES that he lied. He already read that version of events laid out by Casey to the shrinks. So how could he then make up his own version for his OS? Whatever, it doesn't matter. Because he will continue to act out the same way in the future and will be paid well for it from now on, imo.

Why yes, I do. LOL

Well let's see. He has a history of financial problems all listed by the bar and that's the reason why he wasn't allowed in the bar for several several years. My goodness he couldn't even pay a measly $200/month for child support while he leased a Miata and defaulted on those payments as well. History is my backup. History as long as my arm of a man who isn't financially responsible and always spent more than his worth. Do I have direct proof-NO, but you don't either.

His actions say it all. He needs money He wants money. He's pissed FCA's videos are out there. He's at the end of the ropes.

What criminal in the US would ever hire JB with the taint of FCA still on him? That's a death sentence.

bbm

I would think any criminal would love to have JB on his team! Criminals want to get off scot-free, and he's shown them he can produce! It's sickening to me, don't get me wrong, but there you go.

... or in JB's case, not so much what can be 'proven' but to what degree he can get away with un-supportable 'inferences' without getting disbarred to plant that seed of doubt.

Or just plain lies... :rolleyes:

gentle reminder: and this lands at random: attack the post and not the poster... :nurse:

bbm

I would think any criminal would love to have JB on his team! Criminals want to get off scot-free, and he's shown them he can produce! It's sickening to me, don't get me wrong, but there you go.

Criminals also do NOT want a guilty verdict because the residual hatred from FCA verdict. Have you seen the polls about how much people hate JB and what a <modsnip> he is. It's human nature to associate the hatred of FCA with her smarmy lawyer. Juries have been known to convict based just on the hatred of the lawyer. Not saying it's right, but it happens every day.

Criminals also do NOT want a guilty verdict because the residual hatred from FCA verdict. Have you seen the polls about how much people hate JB and what a <modsnip> he is. It's human nature to associate the hatred of FCA with her smarmy lawyer. Juries have been known to convict based just on the hatred of the lawyer. Not saying it's right, but it happens every day.

I don't know if the criminal population awaiting trial has been polled about JB, though. He's already gotten another high-profile client. I know JB is not liked among decent people, but his clients are not going to be decent people.

BBM

We established long ago on this board that what's right does not matter in the world of defense attorneys. What can be proven is what matters. Mark Eiglarsh said so, many times before the verdict. We don't like it, but that's the way it is. The truth is not irrelevant to us, but it is indeed irrelevant to defense attorneys.

Agreed, however IF he becomes aware of a truth as in his client admits to causing the death of another, then an attorney is obligated to act on it by law. This is where I believe Baez failed, he thought he could pretend he didn't know. Which is different than an attorney sticking his fingers in his ears and singing the star spangled banner while professing complete faith in his client.

Agreed, however IF he becomes aware of a truth as in his client admits to causing the death of another, then an attorney is obligated to act on it by law. This is where I believe Baez failed, he thought he could pretend he didn't know. Which is different than an attorney sticking his fingers in his ears and singing the star spangled banner while professing complete faith in his client.
Are you sure about that? That would mean that all defendants would have to automatically lie to their attorneys or have them act on it. I assume by act on it you mean tell the court of the confession.

Worse than that, based on the psych reports JB was aware of KC's 'truth' and chose to disregard it as too fanciful and engineered a better more credible 'truth' for his OS that was likewise un-supported.

It was clearly NOT the same story that KC used.

I concede that JB can claim that KC's story has changed since she was examined by the psych's and that he truly believed his client and went with her story alone but -- it seemed clear that CM was not at all happy with the OS at the start of trial.

JB played fast and loose with the 'truth' and only time will tell if he played a great game of poker or if he gets called on it and it backfires.

I don't know if the criminal population awaiting trial has been polled about JB, though. He's already gotten another high-profile client. I know JB is not liked among decent people, but his clients are not going to be decent people.

That's the issue. The criminal does NOT determine his/her own fate - A Jury does. His client is GG and that crime was based out of the US.

So if a jury had to believe one side over another (prosecutor vs defense) are they gonna believe a prosecutor or JB who has been known for lying? If I were a criminal i would run for the hills if JB told me he would represent me for free. i don't want his stink on my verdict.

And...Why did Baez keep insisting she was a MISSING child for so long?
And...Why did Baez(supposedly) tell DC not to call the police if he found a body?

Just questions that make you go..HMMMM... Those stories of KC's must have changed numerous times in three whole years.

I know very little about the degree to which defense attorneys and their clients discuss "the truth", and what defense attorneys are obligated to do with it. My hunch is, if a defense attorney called authorities whenever their client confessed to them, we would have a lot fewer criminal cases going to trial. Any attorney is sworn to uphold the truth, right? But it doesn't happen, and that's just a fact of life.

We don't know what KC told him behind closed doors. IMO, that's going down a path of the unknown.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist
Back