Casey Anthony reportedly planning to dump lawyer Jose Baez

If a defendant is going to weigh a proven successful defense attorney against whether members of a jury even know who he is, let alone whether they will base their decision on their like/dislike for him, I think the defendant will chose the proven successful defense attorney.

LOLOLOl I'm sorry. I had a good laugh at that. I don't think we see eye to eye. It's about perception. The fact is SOME juries do hand out judgements based on personal reasons. fair or not fair. That's life.

Pinellas 12. I didn't say all, but the P12 broke the law from the get go.

O/T I often wondered if 'someone' got to the jurors.
As in tampering..........promises? It will NEVER make sense to me
that 12 people could let KC go FREE.

You are going to get a jury who renders a verdict you don't agree with every once in awhile. It's the law of averages. Doesn't mean they were corrupt or broke the law.

O/T I often wondered if 'someone' got to the jurors.
As in tampering..........promises? It will NEVER make sense to me
that 12 people could let KC go FREE.

I agree ... I still have a hard time with it and will NEVER understand it ... :banghead:

Especially after hearing Jose's Opening Statement ... ya would "think" they would have known it was BS and all an ACT ... Jose's entire "performance" at trial was a total JOKE and totally transparent, and it was an INSULT to the judicial system ...

I just do NOT understand how the majority could see right through Jose's "dirty and underhanded tactics" ... but the 12 people who had a "front row seat" chose to IGNORE Jose and the DT's dirty tactics and shenanigan's ...

:furious::furious::furious:

I just recently saw him on TV with Gary Giordano, another high profile client. And it appears as though GG may walk free just like FCA has done.

Baez is doing just fine, imo. He will have plenty of clients and he is crafty and cunning enough to skirt the ethical boundaries well enough to win some more cases.

That's why he shouldn't be allowed to practice law.

Anyone can win anything when they break the rules or cheat.

That's why there's rules. And JB needs to be stopped.

1) Infamous is not the same as famous
2) Mason would have gotten the same verdict without JB, IMO.
3) Barbara Walters refused to hug him or even touch him. LOL
4)His home is foreclosed; he has no money; no one in the US will hire him; his law career is basically over

To me, that is not a win in any shape or form. His life has changed. He threw his career and ethics away for one big win he THOUGHT was gonna make him money and fame. Just my humble opinion.

BBM- not that he had much of either to begin with, IMO.

No matter the crime, I can never imagine wanting an attorney whose name is synonymous with "the most hated person in America".

Kinda tends to taint the jury pool, don't ya think?

Donald Trump stays in foreclosure, and he stays rich.

are you SERIOUS?? why would anyone do that? I thought it was the grown up thing to do to pay one's debts???

forgive me, I am not doubting you, it's just....am I so naive??

bbm

I would think any criminal would love to have JB on his team! Criminals want to get off scot-free, and he's shown them he can produce! It's sickening to me, don't get me wrong, but there you go.

maybe I would think differently if I was accused of or had actually done something horrible (and was in the US, FL specifically) but he's the last possible person I would choose. his winning was like a lightning strike, and I wouldnt find it likely that it would strike a second time for me, KWIM? he was flat out incompetent at best and I wouldnt want someone like that working for me, I couldnt bank my future on getting 12 from pinellas. I want to believe THAT happens but rarely.

I'll reserve my excitement for now. This IS Fox News after all.

From the article:

"Anthony's original attorney, Cheney Mason, will take over as her representative to the media, and sources say an announcement is imminent."

Anthony's original attorney was Baez, not Mason.

Cheney with his charming finger is going to take over? Good luck with that!:floorlaugh:

It was painfully obvious reading the depositions for this entire case that Jeff and Linda had not one ounce of respect for JB. I'm with Jeff and Linda.

Could be, but I'll never forget watching LDB chatting it up and sharing a humorous moment with JB after trial proceedings one day. Ugh. I know it's just a lawyer thing, but it's an image burned into my mind.

Exactly, and this one was all over the news and will be. He is not exactly free - he is out, but I believe the case is stillgoing on. But as you said, another high profile case and the guy is not sitting in prison.

Thank you for your post. Not because you agree, because we are not ALL sitting here posting that Baez is done for etc. etc. when it is just not true. I want to hear things, but I want it to be what is true and it is just not true to say he is desititute and no one will hire him.

As for KC, I don't see a great future for her, but I don'tthink she is bright enough to realize how serious her future is - she is dimwitted at so many thngs - I disagree when Ashton said he was impressed with her being able to think up a lie on the fly and a good one. I never found any of the lies good.

Anyway, I digress.

I think posters who are saying he needs money are basing it on reviewing the upcoming dockets on the system in Orlando and surrounding counties and finding only two or three very smalls trials where Baez is listed as counsel. Since July of last year it's true he was called as a forensic consultant for Gary G., but that was a very short gig, and mainly for the "publicity" that Baez could bring with him. Other than that, nada.

And as far as hobnobbing with Babwa and Larry in New York for theatre and dinner - he was there as LBK's guest, who was hosting the "do", not at Babwa's invitation. LBK, another one who is always looking for a guest spot or a camera to put her "new face" into to promote whatever book she's just published.

None of that looks like the "high life" and floating in big bucks to me.

Could be, but I'll never forget watching LDB chatting it up and sharing a humorous moment with JB after trial proceedings one day. Ugh. I know it's just a lawyer thing, but it's an image burned into my mind.

It's a professional thing - you may not like who you have to deal with, but there needs to be the appearance of cooperation to get the job done. I don't hold that against her - I think we all know what her true feelings were.

maybe I would think differently if I was accused of or had actually done something horrible (and was in the US, FL specifically) but he's the last possible person I would choose. his winning was like a lightning strike, and I wouldnt find it likely that it would strike a second time for me, KWIM? he was flat out incompetent at best and I wouldnt want someone like that working for me, I couldnt bank my future on getting 12 from pinellas. I want to believe THAT happens but rarely.

The very tactics JB used in court, combined with his total disregard for legal procedure--all his antics, smirks, wild stories based on the lies of the defendant--are what turned the trial into a circus. It is as if he didn't take the proceedings seriously at all and hence the jury didn't take it seriously either.

People can tout JB as the man with legal prowess who "won" an acquittal for a baby killer all they want, but had Casey been found Guilty all JB's tactics plus his total disrespect for the court would have been deemed by the appeals court as ineffective counsel.

She couldve been making fun of him to his face! its not like he would've realized it!

I thought he was stoned faced and did that really well. I had no idea what was happening. He never showed horror or disbelief. Were we watching the same Judge. I think you felt horror and disbelief as we all did, but Perry was totally professional and showed no reaction at all. Check it out again.

If you watched him very closely you could see his face kind of tighten up and his lips puckered just slightly like when you hear or see something very foul. Also he always had some "jolly" in his face. That's the only way I can describe it and just after the tightening of his face it went flat, emotionless.

JA wrote about their relationship in his book. JA was JB's adversary and LDB was supposed to keep a good working relationship with him...sort of a way to keep the communication line open. It was planned ahead of time.

I was convinced LDB was talking to JB in front of FCA to make her angry. I remember a few times when LDB and JB shared a laugh right in front of FCA. Maybe that was an added bonus to their plan. FCA bared her teeth like a rabid dog right before LDB walked by her.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WmWhzFLgyM"]Casey Anthony angry wants to kill Jose Baez on June 24th - YouTube[/ame]

IMO

She was obviously laughing at him not with him:floorlaugh:

She couldve been making fun of him to his face! its not like he would've realized it!

I think LDB was just being professional regardless of what her feelings might have been at the time. jmo

Let's face it, the Pinellas 12 were a bad lawyer's dream come true.

Right before the verdict was read, you could see it in the face and body language of the felon and her whole DT: They expected (like most of the rest of us) to hear "guilty." Talk about dumb luck. Competent legal counsel had nothing to do with Casey Anthony's acquittal.

The felon may have gotten off but she is loathed and despised and another disaster waiting to happen. Has Baez never heard the saying, "You are judged by the company you keep?" Bad karma is stuck to him like glue. He can run but he can't hide from it, just like someone else we know.

Speaking of Baez, I just took a glance at the Florida Bar's website and there he is, still a "member in good standing," with no discipline history in the past 10 years, and still eligible to practice law in the state of Florida. *sigh*

He's the kind of lawyer people make lawyer jokes about.

There's real winning and then there's Charlie Sheen-type "winning." Jose Baez falls in the latter category.

My opinion only
I am not a lawyer, doctor, rent-a-shrink or chemist

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510