Casey gets a 1 million dollar offer for first story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't think the market for a known liar is as great as the defense team would like for the public to believe it is...just my opinion; but seems to be validated by last week's rating of Barbara Walters' "exclusive" interview.

<snip>

The program featured Barbara Walters’ interview with defense attorney Jose Baez.

ABC placed third in the 10 p.m. slot: behind a rerun of CBS’ “CSI” with 7.2 million and NBC’’s “Love in the Wild,” with 5.8 million viewers. The Anthony story also ran third in the 18-to-49 age group in the time slot.

On Tuesday, CBS’ ”48 Hours Mystery” turned to the Anthony verdict and averaged 5.5 million viewers. It placed well behind “America’s Got Talent,” which drew 15.8 million viewers to NBC. But the Anthony show did bring in more viewers than ABC’s “Combat Hospital,” which entertained 4.3 million.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ony-she-loses-to-americas-got-talent-csi.html

I agree with you (and the ratings). I have no doubt there are people who will say one thing and do another but I truly believe most people do not want to hear any more of Casey's fictional accounts. I am one who can honestly say I couldn't care less about the next story she wants to tell. I could never bring myself to reward anyone who wants to put money in her pocket for killing her child. That just makes me sick. The sponsors will stay far away from this one IMO.

You might be surprised at the number of people who do find it interesting, and obviously, people aren't done talking about her. She is getting tons of offers. There is still a lot of public interest, otherwise they would shut it down and move on to another story.

How many people have sat glued to HLN since this trial started? How much air time has been devoted to this case for the past couple months? How many of the news anchors have been sent to Orlando to cover it nonstop? How much money has CNN paid out for hotel rooms, meals, salaries of all the anchors, reporters and camera crew to cover it? How many posts on these forums were devoted to what Casey was wearing every day in court, and how she wore her hair and how many times she got angry or cried? We can kid ourselves all we want to, but Casey has received more attention than many of the serial killers did.

There has been so much public interest in the case, and in Casey herself, I don't doubt that there would be enough people interested to make it profitable to publish her book. Don't kid yourself, if this book didn't have the potential to make money for them, they wouldn't be doing it.

there are countless pages of discovery videos that are all public record. anyone can write a book and would not have to pay FCA one dime. they can just use public record and hire a good "fiction" writer who can do a better job at 'fiction" than FCA! no need to pay the anthony's or her attorney for any fictional story . moo

What story? And Casey who?

IGNORE HER, BOYCOTT HER!!!

TMZ (forget his name) was on HLN and he said all the interviews are paid for even if they say they are not. So the juror was paid even though Greta said "we don't pay for interviews" - he said they do it in other ways and you have to dig through their "entertainment" legal papers to find out;

Also Brad Conway was on and he said there is literally no place for KC to go - she is unemployable, the backlash will be tremendous - there is literally no place for her to go - THEY WILL FIND HER.

So some enterprising and I use that word lightly, photographer will persist and will want the "million" dollar picture of KC and they will find her whereever she goes. Hope so.

I can't tell you where I heard this, but on an interview before the trial I believe Baez said he has a 2 year old daughter.

So JB was married before, and is now paying child support for a child from that marriage? But he has no children from his present marriage? So JB only pays child support for one child, and he didn't even pay that on time ???? And his home went in forclosure, I think I read that somewhere.

You might be surprised at the number of people who do find it interesting, and obviously, people aren't done talking about her. She is getting tons of offers. There is still a lot of public interest, otherwise they would shut it down and move on to another story.

How many people have sat glued to HLN since this trial started? How much air time has been devoted to this case for the past couple months? How many of the news anchors have been sent to Orlando to cover it nonstop? How much money has CNN paid out for hotel rooms, meals, salaries of all the anchors, reporters and camera crew to cover it? How many posts on these forums were devoted to what Casey was wearing every day in court, and how she wore her hair and how many times she got angry or cried? We can kid ourselves all we want to, but Casey has received more attention than many of the serial killers did.

There has been so much public interest in the case, and in Casey herself, I don't doubt that there would be enough people interested to make it profitable to publish her book. Don't kid yourself, if this book didn't have the potential to make money for them, they wouldn't be doing it.
BBM

Since when are they "doing it"? If she has been offered a book deal it hasn't been made public. I would be very surprised if she is ever offered a book deal.

Most people I know, including myself, have quit watching the TH shows. Just wait for the new ratings to come out. Just because they are still covering this does not mean people are tuning in the way they previously did. In another week there will be even less attention paid to it.

TMZ (forget his name) was on HLN and he said all the interviews are paid for even if they say they are not. So the juror was paid even though Greta said "we don't pay for interviews" - he said they do it in other ways and you have to dig through their "entertainment" legal papers to find out;

Also Brad Conway was on and he said there is literally no place for KC to go - she is unemployable, the backlash will be tremendous - there is literally no place for her to go - THEY WILL FIND HER.

So some enterprising and I use that word lightly, photographer will persist and will want the "million" dollar picture of KC and they will find her whereever she goes. Hope so.

And FCA will WANT to be found. She will not be able to resist so it will be easy. like stealing candy from a baby. she will pretend she does not like it but will seek them out! that will be her downfall....Just like the movie with Nicole kidman...I forget the name.

I disagree. Judith Regan published OJ's "If I did It". Have you heard from her again. She is about as low as one can get and she paid dearly for this book -

No one needs KC to tell us what happened because it would be a lie anyway - no one is going to buy a book that is a lie. Might sell a few copies, but it would not be worth it to the "publisher". The backlash would be tremendous.

Puerto Rico does not want KC to come there - on HLN last night. She is truly hated. I think there is a very real chance that someone would hurt her if she was out and about. She is that hated.

And FCA will WANT to be found. She will not be able to resist so it will be easy. like stealing candy from a baby. she will pretend she does not like it but will seek them out! that will be her downfall....Just like the movie with Nicole kidman...I forget the name.

What is FCA?

True, a lot of people have been glued to the TV and watching coverage, but most of us were doing it hoping for justice for Caylee. Since that didn't happen, there are MANY who would not watch anything Casey or Baez would have to say. We would not spend one red cent to support her. I for one would rather send the money to Tim Miller to help search for other children.

Actually I was an HLN network junkie and kicked my habit cold turkey the day after the verdict. Haven't watched one juror interview and won't watch as long as they continue to keep headlining a murderer who got away with murder. I think they have lost viewers, I cannot believe I am the only one who has stopped watching.
Once the information is verified that the murderer has a signed deal I will only call, write, and boycott that outlet and their advertisers.

Why interview her? What did we learn from the trial? CA left the ladder up, (CA' fault). GA did not wake KC up to watch her own child (GA's fault). CA or GA left the doors open for the dogs to go out and did not close and lock them. Caylee got out of her room (which CA said the door was closed) got completely dressed but without shoes and socks, went to the pool and climbed in (Caylee's fault). GA found Caylee told KC not to call 911 he would take care of the body (GA's fault). And poor KC being so immature at the time, listened to GA (GA's fault). So KC really had nothing to do with this at all. I get it. That would explain why KC had time to text messages, make phone calls and go onto the computer during the timeframe the drowning happened BECAUSE it was not her fault.

There is no story. We've heard a variety of different versions of what happened that day but never the truth and we will not hear it now.

Anyone who wants to know who this man's sponsors are, wouldn't they be the same today as they would be if he did an interview. I'm not interested in anything KC has to say that is for sale.....it's almost like fruit from the poisonous tree. She's made her bed as far as I'm concerned. jmo

With that money she should pay off TES, Police, FBI, Kids Finders, IRS, & every other organization that was on the search for Caylee and investigating her whereabouts!

So all these folks saying they'd boycott, not tune and don't give a crap what she has to say are in reality hypocrites? Whether you watch on TV, the internet or whatever you'd still be viewing it and giving the publicity anyone who signed her is looking for. I'd be very disappointed if all the people now saying how immoral it would be for her to make $ off of Caylee's death would turn around and give her the time of day in such an interview.

The only information I will get as far as anyone who is not doing right by Caylee will come from WS. I'll read here on these threads, I hope by only doing that I'm not being a hypocrite :-( I am interested in knowing when KARMA hits all who did not and have not done right by Caylee, I know I will find out here when that happens and I know it will be the truth.

The reason there's still interest in the case is because people are still waiting for time to reverse and produce a different verdict -- one which carries a LWOP sentence

In the UK, they overturned the double-jeopardy laws in certain cases -- cases very similar to this one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/5144722.stm

About time the US caught up

So, people have been 'glued' to the tv re: the Anthony case NOT because KC is in any way fascinating or even interesting. The reason people have followed the case and continue to discuss it is because this dim-witted, unorginal wannabe was allowed to cheat the system and justice. And people want those errors rectified

If it seems there will be no rectification, people will walk away disgusted and with an abiding hatred of KC and all those associated with her. And this will not translate well for publishers or networks or anyone else seeking to cash-in. But by all means, you go ahead and buy stocks in KC and the rest of her tribe .....

Is THAT how he's going to justify the million dollar blood money?

The least he could do would be to promise the public that he intends to strap her into a lie-detecting machine, after first doping her with truth-serum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palenp