Cell Phone Activity Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF it was DB or JI who attempted to use the phone at midnight+othertimes, she had to dispose of at least the one because it blows her alibi out the water (that she was sleeping from 10:30 until 4).

Maybe, but that phone call was made hours before that. . .was it 11:57pm? Why would the phones still be pinging in the area at 4am if that was the case?

We don't know that they were either. What we do know is there was an extensive search for those phones around the residence.

Would like to know what LE says are the last the phones pinged and where.

Did we ever hear for certain that the phones definitely stopped pinging at 3:30am? I know Picerno said he was 'told' that the last activity was at 3:24am but to me activity and pinging are two different things.

This comes via the parents' attorney, not from LE:

MK: The ping records. Where do they show? How far away from the home did the cellphones get?

JP: Anywhere from 1/5th of a mile up to 1/3 of a mile, in a, sort of a, if you can visualize a baseball field from their house, and that is in the wooded area behind their house all the way down to the banks of the Missouri river.

MK: So the cellphones never got more than 1/3rd of a mile away from the Irwin home?

JP: Not according to the powerpoint presentation that the FBI showed to both Mr.Tacopina and myself on Nov.1st when we met with them for 3 hours.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...h-bradley’s-phone-the-night-lisa-disappeared/

Thank you Donjeta!

So the cell phones were pinging near the bank of the Missouri River.

I'm not suprprised. I've always suspected that whomever disposed of poor Baby Lisa did so in the river - along with the phones.

IF it was DB or JI who attempted to use the phone at midnight+othertimes, she had to dispose of at least the one because it blows her alibi out the water (that she was sleeping from 10:30 until 4).

I think that your trying to say that if the 11:57 PM call from Debbies phone to Megan Wright's phone was made by Debbie, her alibi would be no good.

Debbie claiming to be asleep when Lisa disappeared is not an alibi. At best it's an excuse for not preventing her child from being taken. An alibi is when it's proven that your somewhere other than where the crime occurred.

Deborah Bradley does not have an alibi defense. JMO.

Not an alibi but finding out that she was using her phone around midnight and later on after 3 pm instead of sleeping and oblivious of an intruder in the house would make it rather difficult to believe anything else she says. One of the alleged sightings of Lisa with the intruder was about midnight and she was supposed to be passed out at the time.

Not an alibi but finding out that she was using her phone around midnight and later on after 3 pm instead of sleeping and oblivious of an intruder in the house would make it rather difficult to believe anything else she says. One of the alleged sightings of Lisa with the intruder was about midnight and she was supposed to be passed out at the time.

Deborah Bradley has never had an alibi in this case. If LE could tie her movements with the phones movements, then they would have something.

As far as I know they haven't been able to do that. JMO.

I guess you can say her 'alibi' is that she was sleeping in her home. Nobody can prove or disprove that at this time because as far as we know there is no evidence that proves she was not in her home sleeping during those hours (ie: nobody identified her outside the home after 10:30, there is no dirt/mud on shoes that would indicate someone was out walking in the woods, there are no witnesses to lights within the house after 10:30, etc).

I again think this the reason JI gets speculated on as being the one responsible for doing something to BL or even theorizing the BL wasn't in the home before he left for work. Because there is no evidence that ties DB directly to a crime but yet there would theoretically be more opportunity for JI since there is less known about his movements that night than DB.

It is my understanding that they are very time limited, usually a matter of days but not more than two weeks.

In the C.anthony case, they had to have the phone itself and were glad that some friends didn't delete them.

Pretty obvious to many that the irwin/bradley duo could have been hiding texts by getting rid of their phones.
Do you have a link to support the idea that text messages are only kept by a provider for not more than two weeks? Do all phone providers adhere to this two week schedule?

And if this is true, how would getting rid of the phones help cover up a murder? Does the murderer have to hope that LE doesn't get around to securing these kind of records before the two weeks is up? JMO.

Exactly! If the phones had remained on the counter and showed used at midnight et al, it would prove that she was awake, indicate more knowledge of what happened. IF she is involved, she had to get rid of the phones.

One thing I have always wanted to ask JI is when he went walking through the house turning off lights (as he says he did), does he remember seeing the phones on the counter. Did anyone (media) ever ask him that? I don't remember it if they did.

Exactly! If the phones had remained on the counter and showed used at midnight et al, it would prove that she was awake, indicate more knowledge of what happened. IF she is involved, she had to get rid of the phones.

One thing I have always wanted to ask JI is when he went walking through the house turning off lights (as he says he did), does he remember seeing the phones on the counter. Did anyone (media) ever ask him that? I don't remember it if they did.

BBM

I understand the point that your making. Lets say that DB did make the phone call to MW's phone that night. That would mean that she was trying to contact either MW or someone else in the house. We haven't heard of any connection between DB and anyone of those people. Perhaps LE has found a connection that we don't know about. If that's true then getting rid of the phones doesn't make the connection or the record of the call disappear. Anyway you look at it Debbie doesn't have an alibi. All she can do is claim she was asleep. She has no way to prove it. JMO.

I don't think there is any disagreement about DB being unable to prove she was asleep at the time.

It's more the ability or lack thereof of LE to show she wasn't that is the issue here.

I don't think there is any disagreement about DB being unable to prove she was asleep at the time.

It's more the ability or lack thereof of LE to show she wasn't that is the issue here.

I agree. In my opinion LE lacks the ability to show that DB was asleep or not.

I agree. In my opinion LE lacks the ability to show that DB was asleep or not.

Exactly, thanks to the cell phones being disposed off by...let's see, who would have done that.

Exactly, thanks to the cell phones being disposed off by...let's see, who would have done that.

I would say that with what we know, an intruder would be the most likely person to remove the phones from the home. JMO.

I would say that with what we know, an intruder would be the most likely person to remove the phones from the home. JMO.

I think not. If it were an intruder they would have grabbed the baby and gottten out. MO

I think not. If it were an intruder they would have grabbed the baby and gottten out. MO

It wouldn't be very hard to grab the phones also. It's not like trying to steal a tv where you have to take the time to unhook it and you need both hands to carry it. The phones where lying out in plain sight. You grab them, stick them in your pockets and both hands are now free to grab the baby. JMO.

Thank you Donjeta!

So the cell phones were pinging near the bank of the Missouri River.

I'm not suprprised. I've always suspected that whomever disposed of poor Baby Lisa did so in the river - along with the phones.

No, The phones were not pinging near the river. The river is the furthest spot they could be and perhaps that has been stretched by Picerno. There is a triangle of 1/5 to 1/3 mile with the house in the center.

The river is what the defense attorney wants you to think. The phones were pinging within 1/5 to 1/3 mile of the home. THAT includes the home. It is likely that the phones were near or in the home. It is possible they were handed off or disposed of by another near the house.

Attorneys are masters getting us to think differently by deflecting the truth. To me it appears the phones were pinging till JI got home.

Did we ever hear for certain that the phones definitely stopped pinging at 3:30am? I know Picerno said he was 'told' that the last activity was at 3:24am but to me activity and pinging are two different things.

What time did JI get home? Was it about the same time as the the last activity at 0324?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat