Cesar Laurean's Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
glitering_sign.gif
FRAMMJO

MOO=my opinion only. Other WS lingo explained at
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84535&highlight=lingo

:star1: Great 1st post!

I agree, and yet for such an unobservant woman, she has incredible legal savvy. She's managed to stay just this side of the legal line throughout this whole ordeal, at least so far. The four hour head start was ridiculous, especially considering someone called the lawyer's cell number from her phone at 4am that morning.

Panther, I agree that they expected some sort of testimony from her and I don't think they were pleased when she didn't cooperate.

From day one the Lauterbachs have had opposite view points from Dewey on Christina's culpability. He has continuously stood up for this woman and imo simply looked away from all the glaring circumstantial evidence staring him right in the face. Imo, why he was so willing to do that is he didn't want any discovery on Christina to be disclosed during the criminal trial.

I think he knows that the civil attorneys are going to put those circumstantial pieces together to make their case against Christina. No wife could be this clueless. No jury is going to buy that either, imo.

But I know how Dewey's faux investigation will end. He will come out and say that they have no evidence proving she was involved. Imo, she will never be charged with anything. To do so Dewey would have to admit that he had powerful circumstantial evidence all along to bring a case years ago. That is not going to happen imo.

He is even wanting to limit the investigation to when Cesar was on the lam and excluding all the CE that happened starting from the very same day Maria was supposedly killed.

What a farce.

IMO

One thing about it, it wasn't Christina who ran off to Mexico and hid away surviving on avacados...just sayin. Perhaps she just wasn't a frequent visitor to her garage either.

One thing about it, it wasn't Christina who ran off to Mexico and hid away surviving on avacados...just sayin. Perhaps she just wasn't a frequent visitor to her garage either.

I will never believe this woman could be this clueless.

1.Maria's car in her driveway when Christina's vehicle is also there.
2.Maria's driver's license found by Christina on 12-14 inside her own home.
3. Christina's washing machine and dryer was in the garage and she had a small child but she never goes there over the weekend? Not true, imo.
4. Drag marks still could be seen when Maria was found yet Christina never saw them and this was her own yard?
5. Doesn't question why the dog all of a sudden is moved to another area?
6. Christina saying the firepit was talked about months before between the two of them.

Well he didn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out who was going to go down for this no matter who did it.

With him running and leaving the note behind, Christina didn't have to leave and go anywhere.

IMO

But... it also can be looked at from the point of view as Cesar protecting his wife. She could have done it, he felt the guilt and knew he would be accused anyway because of the rape charge and the chance of her baby being his.
He decides to cover for her by running and making it look even more obvious that he did the murder. All she has to do is deny, deny. She is able to take care of their child.

Heard that he was found guilty of murder. Tried to find out more on-line but no luck. Can anyone else confirm?

But... it also can be looked at from the point of view as Cesar protecting his wife. She could have done it, he felt the guilt and knew he would be accused anyway because of the rape charge and the chance of her baby being his.
He decides to cover for her by running and making it look even more obvious that he did the murder. All she has to do is deny, deny. She is able to take care of their child.

Are you aware of any lie detector tests issued to Christina after 11 January ? I did not see all of the trial but since Christina was pretty much off limits during the trial, I'm curious if you heard anything about her during the trial that raised a flag or two and how it came into evidence if you recall.

I see lots of room for Christina being the culprit but the time line would have to be significantly different and it seems to me McNeil could have countered several prosecution witnesses with witnesses who heard Christina say some things, if in fact she did. Thing is though, I can't see her agreeing to send Maria to Mexico - and someone did convince herto go.

Are you aware of any lie detector tests issued to Christina after 11 January ? I did not see all of the trial but since Christina was pretty much off limits during the trial, I'm curious if you heard anything about her during the trial that raised a flag or two and how it came into evidence if you recall.

I see lots of room for Christina being the culprit but the time line would have to be significantly different and it seems to me McNeil could have countered several prosecution witnesses with witnesses who heard Christina say some things, if in fact she did. Thing is though, I can't see her agreeing to send Maria to Mexico - and someone did convince herto go.

Since she lawyered up the very first day he left Charlie I highly doubt a LDT was ever given. I cant see her attorney allowing her to do that and really I don't think Christina would want to take one either.

Christina knew the best thing to do is keep quiet. She knew all the heat was on her husband. Imo, she preferred it that way and still does imo.

IMO

Since she lawyered up the very first day he left Charlie I highly doubt a LDT was ever given. I cant see her attorney allowing her to do that and really I don't think Christina would want to take one either.

Christina knew the best thing to do is keep quiet. She knew all the heat was on her husband. Imo, she preferred it that way and still does imo.

IMO

Could be that is the reason Cesar allowed his lawyer to utilize her as "reasonable doubt". One has to wonder whose idea the motion for spousal priviledge was. If Christina was so oblivious, what could she possibly say that would hurt Cesar ? Not much except perhaps about the letter, since she apparently claims to have noticed nothing else. If the idea was hers and her attorney's, well I can only conclude the reason is, one has something to hide.

I do indeed find it very difficult to believe Christina knew nothing, even harder to believe, she did nothing. Just have trouble concluding what she did know or did do. Little doubt in my mind however, she knows something and she did something.

Yes, invoking spousal priviledge and not starting divorce proceedings are the factors in some believing she knew much more than was divulged.

Yes, invoking spousal privilege and not starting divorce proceedings are the factors in some believing she knew much more than was divulged.

I always felt that was to protect Cesar but now I am beginning to firmly believe it was done in order to protect her.

IMO

Yes, the 'hinky' meter is bouncing off it's base!

I always felt that was to protect Cesar but now I am beginning to firmly believe it was done in order to protect her.

IMO

The request to exclude martial communications IIRC was made by Cesar's defense, but the refusal to testify about anything else based on spousal privilege came, I think, from her lawyer.

Privlege of martial communications survives a divorce, but spousal privilege doesn't... So it definitely benefited her to stay married.

That's true but even if she didn't notice anything amiss in the garage the dog must have unless it lost it's sense of smell.....MOO :)

His family did refer to him as a protector, and imo, this scenario is very possible. In addition, if he hadn't had a relationship with Maria she would never have been at the house....MOO

The request to exclude martial communications IIRC was made by Cesar's defense, but the refusal to testify about anything else based on spousal privilege came, I think, from her lawyer.

Privlege of martial communications survives a divorce, but spousal privilege doesn't... So it definitely benefited her to stay married.

I thought her lawyer was in court and said she wouldnt be testifying?

IMO

There is an article in my paper that Laurean was found guilty of killing Maria Lauterbach and gets a life sentence. Also found guilty of theft and fraud for attempting to use her ATM card.

I can't find it posted on-line. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

His family did refer to him as a protector, and imo, this scenario is very possible. In addition, if he hadn't had a relationship with Maria she would never have been at the house....MOO

I just wish there had been definitive concrete evidence tying Cesar to the homicide itself. Because they really couldn't link him to it, I will always wonder if the right one is in prison. Although if it is his choice to protect her (the mother of his child), he has resigned himself to prison life.

I just keeping thinking how would a wife react if they walked into their own home and found the woman inside who had accused their husband of not only raping them but also saying she was carrying his child.

I think even a nonviolent woman would erupt into an uncontrollable rage. Doing something horrendous that they never would normally do.

I didn't buy Dewey's spiel that Christina couldn't swing a 12 pound crowbar. My goodness I use a sledge hammer sometimes that weighs more than that and I am 63 years old. lol Dewey conveniently tried to make Christina into a weakling even though female Marines have to meet physical requirements every year just like the male Marines do.

I really wish the trial had been cut and dried. Simple with all questions answered or at least a lot of them and that didn't leave me with doubts.

I am not sure I will ever feel I know the real truth in this case.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member