Charges of Interference, Harassment, and/or Trespassing filed with HCSO

Does that mean Starnes knew Heather was murdered?

I really do not believe that is the case. I have a feeling I know what he did, but I do not think it can be discussed here. I asked the question of what he specifically did because I have not seen it in the media, but I was just checking in case I missed a media report.

Four harassment complaints filed since Heather Elvis reported missing

Starnes is also listed as a suspect in a harassment complaint filed 11 days before the Jan. 28 obstruction of justice report, one of four such complaints filed from the household of Sidney Moorer.

Moorer, 38, is the man previously identified in police records as having a relationship history with Heather Elvis, according to police records obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9e6c8c96-8cec-11e3-ab97-001a4bcf6878.html

Rather ironic isn't it? Guess Tammy and Sidney didn't think harassment was any fun when it was aimed at them ...

I believe part of the reason LE is charging the two of them is to show a jury that they do not tolerate anyone trying to interfere in the investigation. The defense will likely bring up the charges during the trial, and even talk about the possibility that evidence was planted, or that all tips from the tent were not forwarded to LE. By charging them, and not merely giving them a warning, they are letting the jurors know they are proactive about making sure the shenanigans in this case did not affect the prosecution, and to show that the two men do not have any sort of connections or pull with LE.

I don't know much about what happened with those two but anyone that interferes with an investigation, regardless of motives god or bad is hurting the investigation and should be charged. People need to let LE do their job. Help where possible and turn over evidence. Anything else hurts the case against the Cs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SStarr, maybe I'm not looking it up right I don't know but I don't see where it says the charges were dismissed? Maybe I have his name wrong too, don't know. It brought up several only one from 2014 but it doesn't say dismissed would it say some place else I'm not looking?

Iirc, they don't update until 8pm.

I heard they were dismissed too.

Jmo

Did anyone ever post those arrest warrants? Do we know the details of his charges?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know specifically what Starnes did? I have heard what Barrett did. What is the status of these cases?
"Also during the investigation, police say, Starnes fabricated misleading information regarding the disappearance of Elvis and then relayed the false information to law enforcement. This information was then posted to a social media site, causing investigating officers to obtain legal process regarding the information, which diverted them from legitimate leads, according to the press release."

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/29/3233679/two-arrested-for-providing-false.html#storylink=cpy

If I recall correctly, BB posted misleading information (more like his opinion that turned out to be right, but caused all kinds of problems), and Starnes made up information (not opinion, but making up facts that weren't real, which really caused all kinds of problems). That's the difference between misleading and fabrication.

Did we ever get confirmation that GS charges were dismissed?

I can't find confirmation yet. Just what I saw on SM and, jmo, anything on SM can be taken with a grain of salt. I can't find anything in MSM yet. Doesn't mean it's not there, just that I can't find it.

I don't know whether Horry County Public Index updates on weekends or not. My county here in FL doesn't update from Friday noon until Monday noon, but idk about SC.

I thought I posted it last week, but maybe I forgot to hit enter:)

It shows it was "Dismissed at Prelimary Hearing" on the 28th:

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hor...ency=26106&Casenum=2014A2610200239&CaseType=C

I followed your link. That case number (2014A2610200239) is assigned to someone with the last name of Starnes.

For anybody that's confused, just click on that link that SStarr33 provided, put in the capcha if you need to, go down and click on Associated Cases, then click on Case #, it shows this case was Dismissed At Preliminary Hearing...which is exactly what some of us thought would happen. My own personal opinion is that Heather's lived ones had some info that they knew was correct but they couldn't get anything out of TM & SM, so GS said/did a couple things to get them talking...all done to get information that the Moorers weren't otherwise giving up.

SStarr, maybe I'm not looking it up right I don't know but I don't see where it says the charges were dismissed? Maybe I have his name wrong too, don't know. It brought up several only one from 2014 but it doesn't say dismissed would it say some place else I'm not looking?

I can't find confirmation yet. Just what I saw on SM and, jmo, anything on SM can be taken with a grain of salt. I can't find anything in MSM yet. Doesn't mean it's not there, just that I can't find it.

I don't know whether Horry County Public Index updates on weekends or not. My county here in FL doesn't update from Friday noon until Monday noon, but idk about SC.

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hor...ency=26001&Casenum=2014A2610200239&CaseType=C

ejx9g4.jpg

1z341s3.jpg

I thought I posted it last week, but maybe I forgot to hit enter:)

It shows it was "Dismissed at Prelimary Hearing" on the 28th:

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hor...ency=26106&Casenum=2014A2610200239&CaseType=C

I followed your link. That case number (2014A2610200239) is assigned to someone with the last name of Starnes.

Look right above the case number. In that heading you will see "The State of South Carolina vs. Garrett Ryan Starnes.

Look right above the case number. In that heading you will see "The State of South Carolina vs. Garrett Ryan Starnes.

Right. Isn't that who you guys were asking about? His case was dismissed. Or were you guys wondering about Bill Barrett?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back