Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D8eSPWgV4AA3SdN.jpg

D8tzfL_VsAAtrVk.jpg

^^^
Just reposting these photo's of these beautiful humans because we aren't privy to any live streaming of the video the jurors are watching!! :(

ETA: I know there are more, can someone please share them here. TIA

So sad!! I'm ecstatic at the verdict! But the loss for the McStays is still so real!

Wow. McGee right off the bat saying the prosecution witnesses are "irrelevant" and "emotional". Lobbying hard to exclude the victim impact statements.

What an a$$.

I thought there was some sort of law passed for Victims rights that allow Impact Statements. If so, then the defense should know this and stay quiet.

Thank you for the update. I hope each family/friend who lost a loved one has an opportunity to express their tremendous losses. I think the jury needs to hear it and I think the victims need to speak it to help with their grieving process. IMO this seems like one of the more painful times in the entire trial as it really brings it home that their loved ones are dead never to return.

Before the Judge imposes the sentence they will have impact statements, iirc. Some of them are oral, and some are written, and usually read by another family member or one of the prosecutors reads it in their behalf.

ITA! I hope all family members of the victims affected gets their day in court. Their voices, and written statements deserve to be heard more than anyone else.

JMO

6m6 minutes ago
#Mcstay: Judge Smith is currently in camera with Defense and Merritt to discuss whether or not defense will put on any mitigating witnesses. Court dismissed until 1:30 pm tomorrow.

[So....are they putting on mitigating witnesses or not?]

Who are they going to call, but his family members who the jury has already seen will lie to them right to their face?

Imo, CM has no friends. He murdered the only one he ever had along with his beautiful family.

Imo, even the DT knows Merritt is toast. Might as well stop the bleeding without pizzing the jury off even more.

Imo, in fact they would have been far better off if they never opened their mouth having their own CIC. They knew when the state rested many moons ago it was all over except their documentary epic fail!

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member