Christmas photos

It is up to law enforcement to exhume the body for further examination. The BPD said they decided not to because what? Oops. Too late. Do they not want the truth? Is it not their direct responsibility to investigate a murder?

BTW, I still cannot figizzle what the sheheezy coloring your child's hair has to do with anything!!!!! Big deal.

Have you ever dyed your hair well it burns and the main thing thats gets me if JB hair was brown why bleached to blond... I wouldn't dyed my young child hair JMO

Ummm, if you assume that pic is me, yep! Ballroom dance competitors dye their own hair all the time.
Not that I want to go into this, but I'll test your knowledge on hair lightening, high lift tinting and bleaching any day. Bring it.

You still don't offer what that had to do with anything relating to a murder.

Well you keep looking for motive, maybe JB was getting tired of the pageants and everything that came with it,I have read at the links and this was the Paugh women dream, maybe its wasn't JB..And I'm not saying that pic is you, I just ask a question if you ever dyed your hair.. But this is my opionion...

Have you ever dyed your hair well it burns and the main thing thats gets me if JB hair was brown why bleached to blond... I wouldn't dyed my young child hair JMO
On the side of the box of Clairol's Nice 'n Easy it states- PRODUCT NOT INTENDED TO BE USED ON CHILDREN. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

In fairness to Patsy, maybe she found a specific product especially designed to lighten JonBenet's hair that was child-friendly. It was probably called Ashamed: The Hair-Lightening Product Designed for Mothers Who Are Ashamed of Their Child's Natural Dark Hair Color.

Wow more attacks on a mom who may have lightened her daughter's hair! JonBenet was undeniably thought to be in entertainment. She did pageants and performed locally. It has nothing to do with being ashamed.

When a performer is counseled on how to stand out, hair color is very important. For instance, when you watch Dancing with the Stars, do you think it's just a fluke that all the girls either have very very blonde hair, very vibrant red or dark and lusterous? Nope. Your hair needs to pop and not blend in or appear drab. I always called it cartoon colors - larger than life.

LOL, store bought box color. I highly doubt that.

What you would use is a high lift tint with a low volume developer that would not burn the scalp. JonBenet's natural color was much like mine, dark or dirty blonde. It lifts easily with mild developer. As a kid, my hair would naturally become very blonde in the summer. In the winter I had roots! Maybe the lifting was to even out the color and banish that dark root look. (or as I say for us adults, women's prison look :eek:)

Now as to what you think of this for a child. In the 50's and 60's mothers gave their little girls perms. PERMS. Toxic? Yes. Probably more so than lightening. They wanted curly haired little cuties and the hair was easier to manage. OMG. Horrible mothers. All of them.

Pageants certainly aren't my thing but they are very common in parts of our country. Kiddie pageants are pretty silly if you ask me. Then again, they do help some kids learn poise and social skills and confidence and provide an outlet for the child who really does want to perform. There are not a lot of outlets for that - for kids to gain stage presence experience. And if you were never one, nor have you been around a child that loves to be in the spotlight, then you might not be able to understand. But remember those children grow up to be Kelly Rippa and famous entertainers. The naturally gravitate towards performance.

I don't see ANY evidence that JB wanted to give it up, nor any that Patsy would have been upset or forced her into it anyway. Again, you're giving me some wild speculation and I want some evidence man!

In ballroom dancing, some of the junior competitors will color their hair and some won't. It's a personal choice for them and the parents. Some of the kids will insist on being just like their idol, hair color included. The parents don't want to die on that hill so they agree. Some kids really don't even care, but their moms do and then some don't care either way. It doesn't say anything except, people are different and even children can put their own priorities on different things, even 5 and 6 year olds. Really.

Again, anyone...what does this have to do with murder? Anyone? I see a lot of personal attacks but nothing of substance. Maybe you just need to vent. OK. Cool.

If kiddie pageants and hair coloring lead to murder, MY GOD, I can't believe our nation isn't overwhelmed with rampaging murdering pageant moms cuz there are a whole lot of (what we might think of as ) really over-bearing crazy pageant moms!

PR may be unlikeable, but I like less
looking at JonBenet's autopsy photos with her blonde hair entwined in the knot around the stick of the garott. At that point I'm seriously less concerned about whether or not she had her hair lightened because it leads nowhere.

Dang it! I mispelled garrote again! I need to download the spell check thing.

Dang it! I mispelled garrote again! I need to download the spell check thing.

I mispell it every single time I type it. I have typed...garotte, garrote, etc. I never put enough r's or t's.

Wow more attacks on a mom who may have lightened her daughter's hair! JonBenet was undeniably thought to be in entertainment. She did pageants and performed locally. It has nothing to do with being ashamed.

When a performer is counseled on how to stand out, hair color is very important. For instance, when you watch Dancing with the Stars, do you think it's just a fluke that all the girls either have very very blonde hair, very vibrant red or dark and lusterous? Nope. Your hair needs to pop and not blend in or appear drab. I always called it cartoon colors - larger than life.

LOL, store bought box color. I highly doubt that.

What you would use is a high lift tint with a low volume developer that would not burn the scalp. JonBenet's natural color was much like mine, dark or dirty blonde. It lifts easily with mild developer. As a kid, my hair would naturally become very blonde in the summer. In the winter I had roots! Maybe the lifting was to even out the color and banish that dark root look. (or as I say for us adults, women's prison look :eek:)

Now as to what you think of this for a child. In the 50's and 60's mothers gave their little girls perms. PERMS. Toxic? Yes. Probably more so than lightening. They wanted curly haired little cuties and the hair was easier to manage. OMG. Horrible mothers. All of them.

Pageants certainly aren't my thing but they are very common in parts of our country. Kiddie pageants are pretty silly if you ask me. Then again, they do help some kids learn poise and social skills and confidence and provide an outlet for the child who really does want to perform. There are not a lot of outlets for that - for kids to gain stage presence experience. And if you were never one, nor have you been around a child that loves to be in the spotlight, then you might not be able to understand. But remember those children grow up to be Kelly Rippa and famous entertainers. The naturally gravitate towards performance.

I don't see ANY evidence that JB wanted to give it up, nor any that Patsy would have been upset or forced her into it anyway. Again, you're giving me some wild speculation and I want some evidence man!

In ballroom dancing, some of the junior competitors will color their hair and some won't. It's a personal choice for them and the parents. Some of the kids will insist on being just like their idol, hair color included. The parents don't want to die on that hill so they agree. Some kids really don't even care, but their moms do and then some don't care either way. It doesn't say anything except, people are different and even children can put their own priorities on different things, even 5 and 6 year olds. Really.

Again, anyone...what does this have to do with murder? Anyone? I see a lot of personal attacks but nothing of substance. Maybe you just need to vent. OK. Cool.

If kiddie pageants and hair coloring lead to murder, MY GOD, I can't believe our nation isn't overwhelmed with rampaging murdering pageant moms cuz there are a whole lot of (what we might think of as ) really over-bearing crazy pageant moms!

PR may be unlikeable, but I like less
looking at JonBenet's autopsy photos with her blonde hair entwined in the knot around the stick of the garott. At that point I'm seriously less concerned about whether or not she had her hair lightened because it leads nowhere.

Are you talking about Patsy not buying hair color in a box for JB? Because, Patsy DID do JB's hair herself, because no hair stylist would color a child's hair that young. I have worked as a cosmetologist...I don't know ANY of them that will color or bleach the hair of a child under the age of 13.

Are you kidding? NO ONE would professionally color a child's hair? Are you sure???? Do you want to bet??? (ziggy sees visions of $$$$$ in her head)! Sorry Ames but you must not work in the entertainment industry.

I color my hair myself too, but I don't use color in a box. I get the good stuff from the pros, who understand our time schedules and realize that we know what we're doing. You can also go to Sally and get a somewhat better version of box color and mostly because you can then control the Volume of the developer which is pre-set in the box. Childrens' hair is finer in texture and the strenght of box lighteners would probably cause it to melt and break off. The fact that it was as long as it was shows it was not abused in that manner.

You keep saying "bleach". That is not the correct term, really, the industry standard for that type of lightening is high lift tint. JonBenet's hair was not black. She did not need for it to be "bleached". I used to use bleach and I darn well do know the difference! My scalp knows for sure.

You can bring this stuff all day. Bring it. I'm just getting warmed up. If you can take the punishment, I can give you explanation after explanation.

Why? You cowardly avoid the real issue...why does it matter?

Don't you think it's time to tap out?

Are you kidding? NO ONE would professionally color a child's hair? Are you sure???? Do you want to bet??? (ziggy sees visions of $$$$$ in her head)! Sorry Ames but you must not work in the entertainment industry.

I color my hair myself too, but I don't use color in a box. I get the good stuff from the pros, who understand our time schedules and realize that we know what we're doing. You can also go to Sally and get a somewhat better version of box color and mostly because you can then control the Volume of the developer which is pre-set in the box. Childrens' hair is finer in texture and the strenght of box lighteners would probably cause it to melt and break off. The fact that it was as long as it was shows it was not abused in that manner.

You keep saying "bleach". That is not the correct term, really, the industry standard for that type of lightening is high lift tint. JonBenet's hair was not black. She did not need for it to be "bleached". I used to use bleach and I darn well do know the difference! My scalp knows for sure.

You can bring this stuff all day. Bring it. I'm just getting warmed up. If you can take the punishment, I can give you explanation after explanation.

Why? You cowardly avoid the real issue...why does it matter?

Don't you think it's time to tap out?

Do me a favor...call around to all of the salons listed in your phone book, and ask them if they will highlight...or BLEACH a 4 -6 year olds hair. No, I do not work in the entertainment industry, but my daughter is a model, and my best friend is a talent agent. So, I DO know a little bit about the business. JB was not on TV, or in the movies.....you apparently haven't read any of Judith Phillips (aka Cookie...over at FFJ)..posts. She was JB's photographer, and Patsy's friend...up until JB's death. And she talks about Patsy BLEACHING JB's hair. No, you are correct...JB's hair was NOT black...it was naturally brown.

I do agree with you on one thing....her hair color really doesn't matter.

OK well thanks for admitting that.

And you are right, nobody will "bleach" a child's hair but they will highlight and high lift tint. You fail to conceed there is a difference. Your average boulevard salon probably will not, but you will find higher end places who deal with a higher end customer that will. I'll have one in SF call you if you like.

The movies and TV are not the only outlets for child entertainers. What, you need your SAG card to get this done? You are just splitting hairs (pun intended :) If a pro will do it for a child "star" then they will do it for an amatuer entertainer child.

Just because someone is in "the know" doesn't make them reliable or even sane. The fact that JP is still trolling around with her stories, well in my speculative opinion, it's a bit sad.

Nuff said on hair color cuz we agree it doesn't matter in the big scheme. Let us observe a moment of silence for the subject of JB's hair color...

OK well thanks for admitting that.

And you are right, nobody will "bleach" a child's hair but they will highlight and high lift tint. You fail to conceed there is a difference. Your average boulevard salon probably will not, but you will find higher end places who deal with a higher end customer that will. I'll have one in SF call you if you like.

The movies and TV are not the only outlets for child entertainers. What, you need your SAG card to get this done? You are just splitting hairs (pun intended :) If a pro will do it for a child "star" then they will do it for an amatuer entertainer child.

Just because someone is in "the know" doesn't make them reliable or even sane. The fact that JP is still trolling around with her stories, well in my speculative opinion, it's a bit sad.

Nuff said on hair color cuz we agree it doesn't matter in the big scheme. Let us observe a moment of silence for the subject of JB's hair color...

No need to have your friend in SF call me. Maybe there is ONE person out there...that for the right price..will highlight a 4 year's old hair. I once used a hair dresser, that did Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman's hair...and he wouldn't highlight my 8 year old's hair. And nobody has ever stepped forward...saying that they DID highlight...or even bleach...JB's hair. Patsy even admitted dyeing her OWN hair...believe it or not. And I can post part of her interview that states that, if you woud like. She had all of that money...but chose to do her own hair??? Weird, huh? So, THAT alone tells me...(even without JP's comments) that if she would do her OWN hair, she is not going to pay someone to do her 6 year old's hair.

ANYWAY...I agree..I just had to add my two cent in there. Sorry about that. I am ready for that moment of silence now....

Hey...wait a tick! You were trying to get your 8 year old's hair highlighted??? OK, it's just so hard to not see the whole in the story and jump on it. My bad. I've enjoyed the posting Ames.

Hey...wait a tick! You were trying to get your 8 year old's hair highlighted??? OK, it's just so hard to not see the whole in the story and jump on it. My bad. I've enjoyed the posting Ames.

LOL...yep, I was! Just a LITTLE BIT though! :) (You have to remember though...I have never figured out what JB's hair color had to do with ANYTHING, either!) And...I finally convinced Nicco to do it for her (my 8 year old daughter). But, I bet that if she had of been 4 years old..he would have flat refused.
I have enjoyed the posting too! And, if that avatar is you...then you are correct....you look nothing like the cartoon. :)

Here, I will tell you what hair coloring has to do with the circumstances of JonBenet's death.

Hair coloring is a lie. It is a falsehood. It is the act of claiming that one's hair color is something other than what it factually is. Hair coloring is like breast implants or chin implants -- it is something done to manipulate, attract, and direct attention in a way that simple facts will not.

The subject of JonBenet's hair color is, then, a reflection on Patsy's character. It shows that she was comfortable with manipulating, attracting, and directing attention towards her daughter for a specific purpose; to win pageants for profitable purposes. It was HER chosen goal, not JonBenet's, who seems only to have wanted to get dressed up in the privacy of her own home. (Note: Patsy also had breast implants, confirming her character as one who was comfortable going to great lengths to manipulate attention physically rather than rely on simple truth of personality.)

This is all fine for adults, they do what they want, they get tattooed, pierced, colored, shaved, whatever. But a child needs to be grounded in what their own personal truth is as part of teaching them how to become the adult they will grow into. JonBenet was being taught by her mother that lies are sometimes better than truth, if they get you what you want (in this case, pageant trophies and prize money).

Now, move onto the crime scene itself and the circumstances of JonBenet's death. What is commonly said about the evidence that is connected to JonBenet's body? That it is staged, that it is false. The cords on JonBenet's wrists were never meant to actually prevent movement via real bondage, but instead look as much like fake bondage as the bolt-on breasts of Hollywood starlets. The damage to her vagina does not have the lacerations and bruising of sexual assault, but is more like someone said to themselves, "I need to make it look like she was molested. *poke* There, that's all I can stomach doing." The duct tape, well, pretty much everyone agrees that it was a blatant prop meant to decorate the crime scene, like highlights decorate hair, making the visual image look enhanced, more textured, more rich with data for people to ponder and therefore be distracted by.

JonBenet's hair color and the scene of her death both speak to the issue of deception for a purpose. Patsy can be directly associated with manipulating her daughter's body physically for her own purposes. Therefore, there is a reason to examine her association with the crime scene as a suspect who is KNOWN to be comfortable with manipulating physical facts for her own purposes.

Here, I will tell you what hair coloring has to do with the circumstances of JonBenet's death.

Hair coloring is a lie. It is a falsehood. It is the act of claiming that one's hair color is something other than what it factually is. Hair coloring is like breast implants or chin implants -- it is something done to manipulate, attract, and direct attention in a way that simple facts will not.

The subject of JonBenet's hair color is, then, a reflection on Patsy's character. It shows that she was comfortable with manipulating, attracting, and directing attention towards her daughter for a specific purpose; to win pageants for profitable purposes. It was HER chosen goal, not JonBenet's, who seems only to have wanted to get dressed up in the privacy of her own home. (Note: Patsy also had breast implants, confirming her character as one who was comfortable going to great lengths to manipulate attention physically rather than rely on simple truth of personality.)

This is all fine for adults, they do what they want, they get tattooed, pierced, colored, shaved, whatever. But a child needs to be grounded in what their own personal truth is as part of teaching them how to become the adult they will grow into. JonBenet was being taught by her mother that lies are sometimes better than truth, if they get you what you want (in this case, pageant trophies and prize money).

Now, move onto the crime scene itself and the circumstances of JonBenet's death. What is commonly said about the evidence that is connected to JonBenet's body? That it is staged, that it is false. The cords on JonBenet's wrists were never meant to actually prevent movement via real bondage, but instead look as much like fake bondage as the bolt-on breasts of Hollywood starlets. The damage to her vagina does not have the lacerations and bruising of sexual assault, but is more like someone said to themselves, "I need to make it look like she was molested. *poke* There, that's all I can stomach doing." The duct tape, well, pretty much everyone agrees that it was a blatant prop meant to decorate the crime scene, like highlights decorate hair, making the visual image look enhanced, more textured, more rich with data for people to ponder and therefore be distracted by.

JonBenet's hair color and the scene of her death both speak to the issue of deception for a purpose. Patsy can be directly associated with manipulating her daughter's body physically for her own purposes. Therefore, there is a reason to examine her association with the crime scene as a suspect who is KNOWN to be comfortable with manipulating physical facts for her own purposes.

Hello why...

First, you are projecting your own beliefs and judgments about people who color their own hair and possibly their childrens. We females certainly do decorate ourselves for attention. Are you as hard on people with fake nails or polish? Are they deeply ashamed of their own naked fingernails and hiding some deep dark insecurity? Indeed you carry your judments into breast implants as well.

There is a good reason that an attorney would never try making these analogies in court and that is because it doesn't follow logic. You are trying very hard to make an analogy fitting the coloring of hair (which is a very average thing to do, and yes, even for those mothers who want to draw attention to their kids) to the brutal staging of a crime scene.

Now, imagine you are an attorney and the jury is seated with men and women who, based on their own experiences, will be quite put off with your broad assumptions about us chemically dependent people. The jury is made up of all kinds, people who dye, fake *advertiser censored*, nose jobs - painted fingernails, you name it. They would surely relate you to the latter half of your hat rather than the first.

Even if I give your angle half a chance, the logic is flawed.

You are attempting to use the falseness of us pretty girls to the falseness of an action. See, thing and action. Not the same.

If you want to use false then we use it as in - what does the hair color do that is false and what is its purpose? The intent of the colorer is what is important.

To be more attractive is the answer. (whether you agree with the philosophy or not) The goal is not to do something false, the goal is to make things more attractive. Those who engage in this do not even consider the falsity of it (is that a word??)

Covering up a physical thing about yourself and covering up an action are two different animals and you will not make them mate no matter if you hire New York on a TV show to do it for you!

If you look at the crime scene photos, it's pretty ugly. If PR was so worried about LOOKS, which evidently she was, she would have not left JB looking the way she did, that poor baby :-( She would have staged it, perhaps, but not with the ugliness that surrounded it and I mean ugliness not of just her looks, the ugly disgust of her vaginal penetration, the ugliness of that knot and messy garrote, entwined with her hair, her face marked up, her throat gouged with ligature marks.

If one is so consumed with looks and how things look - then we examine that they want things to look pretty.

I don't know if your a he, her, but you should know - this body is the house that my soul lives in and if I want to give my house a new paint job and make it pretty, my soul deserves that. We don't all think it's about shame.

Lastly, you seem to know exactly what JB wanted and didn't want and I see that as just too presumptuous.

Inserting your idea of what you think she wanted is not coming to the table with a good argument because it's light on fact.

oops late to class gotta go, post more later. Maybe.

Whether JBR's hair was dyed, highlighted (my own thought) or anything else doesn't have anything to do with the crime itself, other than being mentioned in the autopsy report as being "freshly (evenly) colored).
But the fact that PR thought it necessary to do it speaks volumes about PR. It was as if she felt her beautiful little girl wasn't beautiful enough- to win without it. So the sandy hair had to be blonde, the green eyes needed blue contacts.
I have no problem with anyone coloring their hair or even their child's hair unless the child is not barely out of the toddler years. My own daughter began to have her natural honey blonde hair highlighted when she was 12. She was a dancer- not ballroom, she was a ballerina. Mostly small regional companies, but she did dance with Boston Ballet for a while.
BTW I was one of the unlucky girls whose mom both gave me home perms (God, the smell of Tonette) AND salon electric perms. Anyone remember them? You got metal rods for rollers and they were wired and an electric current was passed through them. I thought I was going to be electrocuted each time.

If you look at the crime scene photos, it's pretty ugly. If PR was so worried about LOOKS, which evidently she was, she would have not left JB looking the way she did, that poor baby :-( She would have staged it, perhaps, but not with the ugliness that surrounded it and I mean ugliness not of just her looks, the ugly disgust of her vaginal penetration, the ugliness of that knot and messy garrote, entwined with her hair, her face marked up, her throat gouged with ligature marks.

Ah, well...thereby hangs a tale.

I also believe we all have the right to be as pretty as we want to be. The operative word here is WANT. A 6-year old girl doesn't have the maturity to decide that she isn't pretty enough unless she has blonde hair and blue eyes. That is the mother's thought process.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back