Closing arguments- thread #174

Status
Not open for further replies.
:twocents:

It's pretty obvious that Nurmi is "just doing his job" ... we know he tried to get off the case but judge wouldn't let him ...

IMO, he is just "going through the motions" ... NO passion at all ...

I mean he has to KNOW that his "client" doesn't have a chance in hades, so why even bother ?

MOO ...

:couch:

:dunno::coffeeup::cowboy:

I added sunglasses and a hat for my covert disguise..........

Wasn't covert mission imply like when adamant bin laden was killed?

Yes. As I recall, she went to Starbucks, then returned the gas can right after. Does anyone else remember that?

Yes, that's what she testified to. She said the Starbucks was in the same shopping center as the WalMart, I think.

Perfect, Nurmi. She said 12 hours because she planned to swoop in, kill TA, and be on her way. It just means she spent more time than she thought it would take to do the deed in Mesa. Also, she knew she could always lie to RB about getting lost, sleeping, etc as that is just her "way". Oh, it ALL makes sense and you are making it clearer and clearer to the jurors as you speak

No worries. Juan will wrap this all up and put a nice, neat bow smack dab on the top of it!!

I wonder why JW didn't handle this ? Hopefully, it's too late in the game for Jodi to cry ineffective counsel.

The dying of cell phone could happen to anyone.

He's treating each incident as discrete. Juan showed the PATTERN.

Jodi told Ryan Burns she left on June 3rd, when she called him that night....she didn't mention she'd been driving since 5AM the previous morning.

Nurmi is throwing chit at the wall. He can't wait to get out of and away from this trial! :floorlaugh:

God, I want to b-slap Jodi's face. How dare she sit there and beg the jury for mercy after what she did to Travis?

It is not the fact that the cell phone died, its WHERE it died that is relevant.

My goodness, this is extremely painful. I'm cringing in embarrassment for Nurmi - and that is SO not like me.

Ok - wasn't that line about not liking his client taken from a movie? For some reason the movie "Devil's Advocate" is ringing bells. Anyone else think so?
Also - I think JW and the mitigation lady keep popping breath mints to stay awake. They keep passing the case back and forth - couldn't there be pills in there they are covertly passing to Jodi (calming psych meds)? Shouldn't the baliff be alerted to get the item off the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aoajanw