Estimated PMI 2 Days
Height 2' 0"(24 inches) , Measured
Weight 8 lbs, Measured

Circumstances

Date Body Found November 29, 1993
Location Breckenridge, Colorado
County Summit County
Found On Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Recovery On November 29, 1993 at approximately 1140 hours, two men stopped alongside I-70 eastbound, .4 miles west of mile marker 200 and noticed a clear plastic bag. Upon further inspection, they found a infant. The infant was transported to a local hospital where she was subsequently pronounced deceased. The infant female appeared to be of Hispanic or Native American descent. There were no obvious signs of trauma. The infant was wearing a Christmas type outfit.

Details of Recovery

Condition of Remains Recognizable face

Physical Description

Hair Color Black
Eye Color Brown

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing- Christmas outfit On the Body

How sad!

images

merylmakes.com

Well, wow, I miscarried in 1992 & this hit hard. Laughing 1994 is hale & hearty & an absolute joy.

Jane Doe​

Case Details​

Case Type: Unidentified
Height: 2' 0"
Case Status: OPEN
Weight: 8 lbs
Aliases: Baby Jane Doe
Identifying Marks:
Incident Date: 11/29/1993
Agency: Summit County Sheriff's Office
City: Breckenridge
Date of Birth: Unknown
County: Summit
Date of Death: 11/27/1993
Agency Case #: 93-6357
Judicial District: 5th Judicial District
Year Solved:
Race: Other Race
NamUs Case #: UP80453
Eyes: Brown
NCMEC Case #: Unknown
Hair: Black
1656222749251.jpeg

About this Case:​

On November 29, 1993 at approximately 1140 hours, two men stopped alongside I-70 eastbound, .4 miles west of mile marker 200 and noticed a clear plastic bag. Upon further inspection, they found a infant. The infant was transported to a local hospital where she was subsequently pronounced deceased. The infant female appeared to be of Hispanic or Native American descent. There were no obvious signs of trauma. The infant was wearing a Christmas type outfit. If you have any information regarding this case, please call the Summit County Sheriff's Office.

If you have any information about this case, please contact:​

Summit County Sheriff's Office

Breckenridge

Colorado

This doesn't seem like the usual abandoned-newborn type of case. Why go to all the trouble of stuffing the baby into a cute holiday outfit? Plus the stats wouldn't line up. She was already 2 feet long, or 24 inches. At that length she was probably a few weeks old. A SIDS victim, maybe?

This doesn't seem like the usual abandoned-newborn type of case. Why go to all the trouble of stuffing the baby into a cute holiday outfit? Plus the stats wouldn't line up. She was already 2 feet long, or 24 inches. At that length she was probably a few weeks old. A SIDS victim, maybe?
One of the Christmas Does, the one from Georgia in '88, what struck people about her who worked the case was how 'cared for' she appeared to be, with her clothing and her carefully styled hair. Yet she was discarded in a cement filled suitcase inside an old television cabinet at an illegal dump site, and no one has ever come forward to claim her.

Kids can be cared for and also be discarded, and it's just as hard to understand as a kid with a dirty face and ragged clothes being thrown away.

MOO

I live in Colorado, I've only visited Breckenridge once and I can't speak to what it was like in the '90s but it was very small and isolated, but FANCY. It's a ski resort town, very few people live there year round but there's a lot of people who live there part time for ski season. According to Wikipedia the full-time population was 1,285 in 1990. It also said that in 2009 the average cost for a house was over a million dollars, again it might have been different in 1993 but as of now being able to live in Breckenridge (either full time or part time) means you have MONEY.

She was found during ski season, but I doubt her parents lived there part time- Most part time residents are older and have grown kids or no kids at all (at least from what I've seen). You don't really see people with infants. So her mother/parents probably lived in the area full time or were visiting from somewhere else. Breckenridge is about an hour and a half from the Denver area but there's a lot of mountain passes, so given she was found in November I don't know how hard it would have been to get there.

One other thing is that Breckenridge is overwhelmingly white. In 2000 about 5% of the population was Hispanic and less than 1% was Native American. In a town as small as Breckenridge this means very few people. Which could also point to her mother not being local.

I live in Colorado, I've only visited Breckenridge once and I can't speak to what it was like in the '90s but it was very small and isolated, but FANCY. It's a ski resort town, very few people live there year round but there's a lot of people who live there part time for ski season. According to Wikipedia the full-time population was 1,285 in 1990. It also said that in 2009 the average cost for a house was over a million dollars, again it might have been different in 1993 but as of now being able to live in Breckenridge (either full time or part time) means you have MONEY.

She was found during ski season, but I doubt her parents lived there part time- Most part time residents are older and have grown kids or no kids at all (at least from what I've seen). You don't really see people with infants. So her mother/parents probably lived in the area full time or were visiting from somewhere else. Breckenridge is about an hour and a half from the Denver area but there's a lot of mountain passes, so given she was found in November I don't know how hard it would have been to get there.

One other thing is that Breckenridge is overwhelmingly white. In 2000 about 5% of the population was Hispanic and less than 1% was Native American. In a town as small as Breckenridge this means very few people. Which could also point to her mother not being local.
If it's fancy, would it be the kind of place people have hired domestic staff? Because while folks working for rich people might not LIVE there, they certainly work there and are familiar with the area. Rich people still need their floors cleaned, their homes and gardens maintained, their kids minded.

MOO

If it's fancy, would it be the kind of place people have hired domestic staff? Because while folks working for rich people might not LIVE there, they certainly work there and are familiar with the area. Rich people still need their floors cleaned, their homes and gardens maintained, their kids minded.

MOO
Quite frankly I don't know. As I said, Breckenridge is very isolated. It's the largest 'city' in the county, and it currently has just over 5,000 residents. If people were traveling to work, they'd be traveling from other small mountain towns.

One of the Christmas Does, the one from Georgia in '88, what struck people about her who worked the case was how 'cared for' she appeared to be, with her clothing and her carefully styled hair. Yet she was discarded in a cement filled suitcase inside an old television cabinet at an illegal dump site, and no one has ever come forward to claim her.

Kids can be cared for and also be discarded, and it's just as hard to understand as a kid with a dirty face and ragged clothes being thrown away.

MOO

Abuse really has no social class or care level. Many well cared for kids were abused and killed by their moms, moms boyfriends, dads, foster parents or other caregivers.

The scenario I see here is that of a mom who cared well for her child but had to leave it in the care of a boyfriend while working or running errands. Boyfriend was under the influence and unable to care for the baby and shook it or in other way killed it. Mom came home shocked but she loves boyfriend and he is abusing her, too, so she keeps quiet. He decided to get rid of the body like that.

Jmoo

Abuse really has no social class or care level. Many well cared for kids were abused and killed by their moms, moms boyfriends, dads, foster parents or other caregivers.

The scenario I see here is that of a mom who cared well for her child but had to leave it in the care of a boyfriend while working or running errands. Boyfriend was under the influence and unable to care for the baby and shook it or in other way killed it. Mom came home shocked but she loves boyfriend and he is abusing her, too, so she keeps quiet. He decided to get rid of the body like that.

Jmoo
Unfortunately, that little girl's end was far more torturous and brutal than I had braced myself for. She has her name back. It was Kenyatta.

(This is about Christmas Doe '88, not this precious one whose thread it is.)

MOO
Yes, I was in Breckinridge just earlier this year for vacation and it is a small, but VERY upscale town. A lot of those mountain homes are being used as Air BNBs nowadays, so I imagine there’s definitely a significant amount of domestic staff who work in the area. All JMO tho.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961
Back