CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

There are two statutes that would apply: False Reporting to Authorities (18-8-111) which states if you provide information to a police officer that is knowingly false and that information applies to an investigation then the person can be charged under this offense. It is a class 3 misdemeanor. The second charge is Attempt to Influence a Public Servant, 18-8-306. This statute covers discussions with police officers; when an individual knowingly provides false information to a public servant with the hope they rely on that information. This is a class 4 felony.
Thank you for posting this!

I watched Still A Mystery on the ID channel last night about Christopher's disappearance.

Abduction of baby Christopher Abeyta investigated on Still A Mystery
Still A Mystery is examining the case of Christopher Abeyta, a baby from Colorado Springs who vanished from his crib at his parent’s home in 1986 and hasn’t been seen since.

On July 15, 1986, Christopher was just seven months old when his parents, Gil and Bernice Abeyta, placed him in a crib in their bedroom just before midnight. The next morning they learned their baby had vanished.

The cops found there were no signs of forced entry, but the front door had been unlocked, and the garage door opener was missing, and a basement window was open. Otherwise, there was very little evidence to suggest what had happened.

Gil and Bernice did face some suspicion leading to some harsh questioning from the officers. The pair had separated shortly after Christopher was born, but they were attempting a reconciliation, and the night of the disappearance was the first night that Gil had stayed home again.

The pair underwent polygraph tests, and Bernice actually failed hers; however, that was put down to withdrawal from coming off tranquilizers. The couple were never charged with any crime and vigorously spent the rest of their lives campaigning for the return of their son.

The family believes Christopher Abeyta is still out there
Christopher’s family has long held onto the belief that he was traded to an unsuspecting couple and is still alive somewhere out there with no idea as to his true identity.

In 2018, the cops received a series of tip-offs that indicated three men could be Christopher. All three men submitted to a DNA test, but none of them were him.

Tragically, Bernice died from cancer in 2017, and in 2020 Gil passed away from a heart attack, but the rest of the family continues the search for Christopher.

oday, Christopher would be 36 years old and would have blue eyes and most likely blond hair. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children previously released an age-progressed photo to show how Christopher may have looked at 32 years old, which is placed at the top of this article.

If anyone has any information regarding the location or what happened to Christopher Abeyta, they should contact the Colorado Springs police at 719-444-7000 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST.

CSPD Missing Persons: Christopher Abeyta
On July 15, 1986 at approximately 6:30 a.m., officers from the Colorado Springs Police Department were dispatched to the 3300 block of Ashwood Circle regarding a missing child. Upon the officers’ arrival, it was determined that 7 month old Christopher Abeyta was last seen in his crib at approximately 12:30 a.m. At approximately 6:30 a.m., family members awoke to Christopher missing. The circumstances surrounding Christopher’s disappearance are considered suspicious. If you have any information regarding this investigation, please contact the Colorado Springs Police Department at 719-444-7000.
May be an image of 1 person, child and text that says 'CSPD Missing Person Christopher Abeyta 15, 986 at approximately 6:30 a.m., officers from the Colorado Springs Police Department were dispatched the 3300 block Ashwood Circle regarding missing child. Upon the officers' arrival, was determined that month old Christopher Abeyta was last seen his crib approximately 2:30 a.m. At approximately 6:30 a.m., family members awoke Christopher missing. The circumstances surrounding Christopher's disappear ance are considered suspici ious. you have any information regarding this investigation, please contact the Color ado Springs Police Department at 719-444- 7000.'
https://www.facebook.com/cspdpio/posts/407742884712377

I wonder if "that woman" is still alive . . . you know who I'm talking about. I'd venture to say yes, she is. After all, only the good die young. Both of Christopher's parents have died.

I have wondered that as well. I think she is but it churns my stomach to look her up.
I believe Christopher is still out there, and may have absolutely no clue as to any of this n

I have wondered that as well. I think she is but it churns my stomach to look her up.
I believe Christopher is still out there, and may have absolutely no clue as to any of this n
This case is so terribly tragic. Of all the unsolved cases, this one haunts (and hurts) the most!

I wonder if "that woman" is still alive . . . you know who I'm talking about. I'd venture to say yes, she is. After all, only the good die young. Both of Christopher's parents have died.
Oh she is and she’s continuing to taunt Christopher’s family knowing good well she’s the one who kidnapped him. I just hope someday they finally charge her for it

I want to vomit every time I hear that evil witches name, I don’t blame you guys for not wanting to name her. Also she pretty much attacks anyone who tells her the truth so stay safe folks

CHRISTOPHER ABEYTA_124422

• Mugshots-1.png
In February 2019, CSPD tested and received results from three DNA samples from people who believed they might be the missing boy. DNA samples were tested between August and October of that year but none matched.

It is a possibility that this baby is still alive that they have adopted him but I think there is a conspiracy behind all this... I think his parents sold him or gave him away to someone who knew them... they left everything open for them to take him away... What also surprises me is that since the police destroyed all the reports on this case for what purpose? I don't know what is happening in this world. Is it bringing babies and then they regret it and sell it or give it away just like that? I don't think they have a conscience...
I hope he is alive and well without knowing where he really comes from..

It is a possibility that this baby is still alive that they have adopted him but I think there is a conspiracy behind all this... I think his parents sold him or gave him away to someone who knew them... they left everything open for them to take him away... What also surprises me is that since the police destroyed all the reports on this case for what purpose? I don't know what is happening in this world. Is it bringing babies and then they regret it and sell it or give it away just like that? I don't think they have a conscience...
His parents are not involved. That evil woman on the other hand is definitely involved

Never, in a million years, do I believe either one of his parents would do this. That crazy woman is responsible.

Never, in a million years, do I believe either one of his parents would do this. That crazy woman is responsible.
Unfortunately, this isn't a fact that she is responsible. Suspect she is? sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back