CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your comment made me think of something. Didn't ER say that the cell and the charger were in his backpack? How does she know this? Did she ask him? Did she put it there herself? Did she see him put it in there? Did MR tell her this? If Dylan is as attached to his phone as some believe, why didn't he have it in his pocket? We know from post-landing pics that his shorts have pockets. :waitasec:

Good questions. I think you're right, I recall her saying that. Many believe she would make sure he had his charger and that the phone was charged before he left, but we can't be sure of that. I just have a problem with a mom being so concerned about his cell phone yet not making sure he packed winter gear this time of year. I would be more worried about him catching pneumonia than I would his cell phone, but that's just me.
You made a good point. If he was so attached to his phone, why wasn't he holding it in his hand at Walmart and the airport? I see kids and adults walking around with their phones to their ears or texting furiously all the time.
We've used ours when we are in Walmart and somehow got separated from each other. I was calling my husband one day to ask where he was, I was ready to get checked out, and he walked up behind me talking to me on the phone, so we stood there and talked to each other for a minute while standing a foot or so apart, laughing the whole time. My son was shaking his head like we were idiots.

Could be! I've only been here since the Lisa Irwin case, so I don't have as much to go on. I do remember there was a lot of speculation about her dad, even though he had a pretty fair alibi, though. So maybe.

I was raised by a single dad, and I couldn't count the number of times people called CPS on him. For stuff that was really silly. Basically, he was suspect as a capable caregiver most of my life simply because he was male. He was not perfect, but he was far better than the woman who birthed me. She's a trip. I re-met her as an adult, and she only contacts me when she wants money. :banghead:

BBM. Which ever gender falls under suspicion is equally sleuthed around here.

BBM. Which ever gender falls under suspicion is equally sleuthed around here.

Absolutely agree!

We could also "reverse" this accusation and point out that when a mom is under suspicion, many posters can be even more vicious in their accusations because mom's are usually held to a higher standard of accountability than dad's.

I don't care if it was mom, dad, auntie, grandma or the man in the moon. If the "pieces" don't fit, the story doesn't fly.

ETA: I also don't care if he wears a suit and tie or if he is just a scruffy guy wearing jeans. Actually, I find it rather insulting that someone would even suggest anyone here is that shallow or simplistic. Just My Opinion though.

Good questions. I think you're right, I recall her saying that. Many believe she would make sure he had his charger and that the phone was charged before he left, but we can't be sure of that. I just have a problem with a mom being so concerned about his cell phone yet not making sure he packed winter gear this time of year. I would be more worried about him catching pneumonia than I would his cell phone, but that's just me.
You made a good point. If he was so attached to his phone, why wasn't he holding it in his hand at Walmart and the airport? I see kids and adults walking around with their phones to their ears or texting furiously all the time.
We've used ours when we are in Walmart and somehow got separated from each other. I was calling my husband one day to ask where he was, I was ready to get checked out, and he walked up behind me talking to me on the phone, so we stood there and talked to each other for a minute while standing a foot or so apart, laughing the whole time. My son was shaking his head like we were idiots.

My grandsons don't walk around with the phone in their hand unless they are using it at the time. They put it in one of the many pockets of those kind of shorts.

My grandsons don't walk around with the phone in their hand unless they are using it at the time. They put it in one of the many pockets of those kind of shorts.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I have to chuckle at this reply! I was the one who said something about a teen's cell phone being glued to their hand, lol...and using one was like having an extra appendage. But definitely, those things are usually found in one of those many pockets unless they are in hand!

O/T. I have a pet peeve with the many pockets on those type of shorts. Too many things end up in the wash that shouldn't. Chapstick, ink pens and cell phones.... Those pockets have cost me alot of money.

Agreed. I have no clue why some people would expect him to spend every waking moment with his phone in his hand.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I have to chuckle at this reply! I was the one who said something about a teen's cell phone being glued to their hand, lol...and using one was like having an extra appendage. But definitely, those things are usually found in one of those many pockets unless they are in hand!

Some people seem to take it literally.

Anyone have a link or paraphrase to whatever it was that was questionable that was posted by one of Dylan's friends?

You made a good point. If he was so attached to his phone, why wasn't he holding it in his hand at Walmart and the airport?

IMO dad should have a coat. That Sunday he flew in it wasn't cold. This is Colorado where I'm sure people would be shocked at how we all dress. It was 7 degrees when I took my dog out and I was only wearing a hoodie.

ITA with the last paragraph. I've been through my own hell on a few occasions and I've since blocked out those times and memories. However I didn't care then and I don't care now what anyone thought of my behavior. It was about me and my family and our survival and well-being, the rest was just noise.

As for the first paragraph I can only speak for myself as one of "the people here" who you wondered about. I don't give a hoot what outfit he dresses up in or what he looks like.... I would think he looks odd if he's out searching the woods for his son if he's wearing a suit and tie, but that's neither here nor there. I would expect any parent in this situation to look exhausted and worn out and stressed, as he looks and as Elaine as looked, as most parents have looked. He looks par for the course and that doesn't mean a darn thing to me. If I saw him at chowing down at a 5-star bistro in Greenwich Village looking like he does, I'd stare for a moment. But I don't find his physical appearance "creepy" or questionable or more prone to suspicion. I don't think he's the most articulate, media saavy guy, but that doesn't make him guilty or suspcious.

Just like I'm equally offended when "attractive" potential suspects or criminal defendants in court cases play heavily to the jury or public --and their lawyers even use the person's looks as part of the strategy. Sorry, I don't care!

Me, either, but I get the impression that some feel differently. I didn't name anyone in particular, so I don't feel bad for making that assumption. You are one person... there are hundreds more in here. It's my impression that people are sometimes judged for their looks and the way they dress and talk. And I have read many, many comments about the public making up their minds immediately that Mark Lundsford and Steve Groene were guilty because they both had long hair, and rode motorcyles, and were sort of scruffy.
This kind of thing happens a lot, I know that, but it still doesn't make it right. You may not be guilty of pre-judging people, and that's good... but some people are, that's just my opinion.

I fail to understand why ER has been continually blamed for MR's behavior.

Quoted for Truth

Just wanted to say that I agree with both of you. For me it's an unusual position to be in -- most of my dearest friends are men, I have more than one who qualify as the woodsy, shaggy-haired, somewhat inarticulate type, etc., so I don't think I came in the door with a preconceived notion about Mr. Redwine -- if anything, I might have been predisposed to agreeing with him.

I got in trouble last time I went down this path, so I have to think about what to write (think first, post later). Maybe tonight, after the son and the dog are asleep. It's troubling to me.

Article 11/23/12

A message left on Mark Redwine’s cellphone Friday was not returned.

The telephone at his residence at 2343 County Road 500 rang until it cut off.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/0/SEARCH/'He-would-have-called'

article 11/26/12

In an interview with ABC News Radio late Monday, Elaine Redwine said she’s afraid her ex-husband may have had something to do with their son’s disappearance.

Contacted Monday at his home, Mark Redwine declined to discuss the search for Dylan.

“I know they’re looking for my son, but I’d prefer not to say anything,” Redwine said at the door of his house. “I prefer to let the investigators do their work.”

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/0/SEARCH/Frustration-mounting

Article 11/27/12

When approached at his home in Vallecito, Mark Redwine answered the door clutching a pillow. He declined to be interviewed, saying he had been “bombarded” by media requests.

He said he didn’t have a lot of support at the moment and had family coming in to help him figure out how to respond to the situation. Mark Redwine said he expected his brother to arrive Tuesday night in Vallecito.

In response to questions about Elaine Redwine’s recent comments intimating that her ex-husband might be involved in Dylan’s disappearance, Mark Redwine said, “I don’t want to lash out at my ex-wife.”

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121127/NEWS01/121129662/0/SEARCH/Search-changes-focus

I do not understand why Mark would not talk to the media. Finally on 11/26 after Elaine voiced her concerns, he doesn't really want to talk but says a few words.

And then he shows up late to the vigil. But yes, he did show up and speak.

Why wasn't he begging for information from day 1? I will never, never understand his lack of response. Heck, he could have written a note for the reporters. I guess he was letting Ms. Hess speak for him.

Is there a link to the Marc klass interview?
Tia

My sympathies to you. We lost our 11 y.o. cat last week, and my son and I are still grieving, him more than me, she was his cat... or rather he was her human.
Funny how our pets have such an impact on our lives, isn't it?

Thank you. My hamster made it through the night and is still hanging on. I've hand fed her since she was 11 days old and have gotten really attached to her.

I'm really sorry about your cat. My youngest has a cat and I refer to Brandon as the cat's human too. Cats don't have owners, they have people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to start a new thread here and close this one in just a few minutes.

Salem

I thought I had read on here that LE said MR was not a suspect ?

And if he is not then a poly would not be needed .

Not necessaily
They did say no one has been ruled out tho.

They wont accuse someone till they have the evidence they need. How many cases have we seen here and on ID where there were no suspects and no poi's
ad bam LE comes out an arrests the very person they kept saying was not a suspect. They do it all the time.

I think they should add "At this time" to that sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000