CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been dark. I know someone mentioned glow in the dark nerf footballs so I guess it's possible?

The Edgemont Picnic Area is gated and not an area open to the general public on a regular basis so it is highly unlikely they could have gotten in.

There is no other place on county road 240 closer to Vallecito that would be sufficient for staging that many people.

it's not that i don't believe you, as i've never been to durango...but there's a cemetary, horseman's ranch, o bar o lodge, and quite a few other resorts that could just as easily house a fleet of buses and that many people. just as well as a picnic area. even if they don't exist but on google...the space is there. ;)

and they're far closer to the lake, the reservoir and the intersection of 501 and 240.

it's simply a fact i for one cannot overlook. they chose a specific meeting spot, closest to durango. not bayfield or vallecito.

JMO, IMO, MOO...

I'm not convinced LE doesn't have a solid direction. Sometimes silence is golden!

TRUE!

I'm just going on the fact that their tone hasn't changed since they expressly said they didn't have anything to go on.

I'm certainly open to the idea that they figured it out since then, and just haven't alerted us. I'm just going on last known from official representatives :)

interesting that the Edgemont picnic area is only 6.8 miles outside Durango from the McDonalds

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...f9erinzpB8hRKc-hzECvfyKUf9erg&mra=ls&t=m&z=13

I was under the impression that the family organized that search and chose the meetup area. Could have been based on talks with LE, of course. Denise (the FMDR FB gal) has a big map on the wall of her video store with search area grids...you can see reference to it in one of the interviews. At the last minute (night before), LE changed the search area from Edgemont to 240. Interesting.

it's not that i don't believe you, as i've never been to durango...but there's a cemetary, horseman's ranch, o bar o lodge, and quite a few other resorts that could just as easily house a fleet of buses and that many people. just as well as a picnic area. even if they don't exist but on google...the space is there. ;)

and they're far closer to the lake, the reservoir and the intersection of 501 and 240.

it's simply a fact i for one cannot overlook. they chose a specific meeting spot, closest to durango. not bayfield or vallecito.

JMO, IMO, MOO...

I respect your opinion but as someone that is native to the area, none of those areas would be acceptable for a staging area for that many vehicles. The resorts are not large resorts.

If Dylan woke up after MR left to discover that his phone was hopelessly broken then I feel ever more certain that he would have left a note before taking off on his own. "Phone broke. I'm at R's" could have been scribbled on a tiny scrap of paper in seconds.

Then why leave home without waiting for MR to pick him up and explain about his phone ? , or why not leave a note to tell MR that he could not be contacted due to the phone not working ?

Or use the computer/landline to contact somebody ?

And if it fell out of his pocket then why would of stopped pinging at 8pm that night ?.

IMO it always comes back to the phone
I was posting at the same time as Ransom & All9ofus- so missed what they said until a minute ago. My son dropped my phone on a concrete parking lot a few weeks back- it doesn't ping- it is history. Dylan is 13- 13 yr olds' thinking is all over the map. He's not my 13 yr old, so I have no idea what he was thinking.

If Dylan woke up after MR left to discover that his phone was hopelessly broken then I feel ever more certain that he would have left a note before taking off on his own. "Phone broke. I'm at R's" could have been scribbled on a tiny scrap of paper in seconds.

I cannot imagine any 13 year old I know leaving a note ever for any reason especially not for a Dad. I know others might, of course. It would be nice to know what would have been the norm for Dylan and his family or how he related to his Dad.

I cannot imagine any 13 year old I know leaving a note ever for any reason especially not for a Dad. I know others might, of course. It would be nice to know what would have been the norm for Dylan and his family or how he related to his Dad.

Really? I can't remember ever coming home and my boys (12 & 17) being gone without them sending me a text or leaving me a note even if they just went next door to Grandmom's. I don't remember my brothers ever just taking off either. You have me curious though. I'm going to text around and see what the general consensus is amongst parents I know.

I don't believe ER was even mentioned in the post you quoted. There may be other people with an axe to grind with regards to any member of DR's immediate family, close friends or even extended family. Who's to say that someone who was upset with one of them didn't take him, planning to make life miserable for a while (or cause a lot of suspicion and accusations to be thrown around) and then couldn't figure out how to return him without being detected. I know the most likely ending for that type of case would be death, but not every bitter person is capable of murder. IMO I've also read somewhere that whoever it was (that posted it) thought that someone may have taken him in hopes that the loss and the pressure would lead to MR committing suicide (the same could have been said about ER, I'm sure).

I would hope the last one wasn't true, but something obviously did cause him to disappear. I personally have no problem with choosing to prefer an option that doesn't involve DR dying unless evidence to the contrary is shown. MOO

BBM - I have not seen this quote. Was this something in MSM, or a comment posted here?
No one prefers an option that involves DR's death. I prefer the option that this never happened in the first place and Dylan just finished a nice Christmas break with his family, but that's not we are faced with at the moment. If some unrelated party did conceal Dylan in an effort to get at MR(disgruntled business associate, extended family, etc), then unfortunately I don't think Dylan fares any better because similar to what you indicated the more time that passes the harder this will be to explain without facing a slew of serious charges. Hopefully this person would eventually be motivated to do the right thing without the instinct of self preservation getting in the way.

The other night, I was watching a NG ( I know:what:) mystery special about John Skelton and the three Skelton boys who mysteriously disappeared on a Thanksgiving visit...so much time has passed with so few answers in that case. I hope that this does not turn into a situation like that.:banghead:

BBM - I have not seen this quote. Was this something in MSM, or a comment posted here?
No one prefers an option that involves DR's death. I prefer the option that this never happened in the first place and Dylan just finished a nice Christmas break with his family, but that's not we are faced with at the moment. If some unrelated party did conceal Dylan in an effort to get at MR(disgruntled business associate, extended family, etc), then unfortunately I don't think Dylan fares any better because similar to what you indicated the more time that passes the harder this will be to explain without facing a slew of serious charges. Hopefully this person would eventually be motivated to do the right thing without the instinct of self preservation getting in the way.

The other night, I was watching a NG ( I know:what:) mystery special about John Skelton and the three Skelton boys who mysteriously disappeared on a Thanksgiving visit...so much time has passed with so few answers in that case. I hope that this does not turn into a situation like that.:banghead:

that info was contained in a comment under a video that is posted in timelines, maps thread. Can only paraphrase comment-not discuss it

I have daughters and one was very good at letting me know where they were going and one was really bad at it. I don't have boys so I don't know about them although I find it difficult to think they would be any different than any other teen male or female.

Really? I can't remember ever coming home and my boys (12 & 17) being gone without them sending me a text or leaving me a note even if they just went next door to Grandmom's. I don't remember my brothers ever just taking off either. You have me curious though. I'm going to text around and see what the general consensus is amongst parents I know.

I have a 13 year old son. He sometimes gets a ride home with another parent from school, and spends some time at home alone until I get home from work ( on days when my husband isn't home). He texts me every day to let me know he's there, and would not leave the house without telling me. As far as leaving a note - normally if his dad takes him somewhere without texting me, my son will text me and let me know. I don't know if all boys his age are like that. He's fairly considerate and mature for his age - some kids don't think about how their parents might worry.

I have daughters and one was very good at letting me know where they were going and one was really bad at it. I don't have boys so I don't know about them although I find it difficult to think they would be any different than any other teen male or female.

I have 4 boys- One lives 300 miles away (24) I have one that always leaves a note now that he is older (20). 15 yr old sometimes leaves a note- but not often. 13 yr old- forget about it :)

BBM

Obviously, that isn't an option. There are many possible scenarios that may have happened, and choosing to prefer to think that one of them that doesn't involve death is better to consider than one that does is NOT the same as preferring to change reality. IMNSHO!

I'd be curious to hear what the consensus is. We (my siblings and I) would always leave notes. My boys are too young to just leave without me knowing (they are 9 and 12) and I'm a SAHM so always here with them. However, my 40 year old husband NEVER leaves notes. Ever. He's an early bird and will wake up on the weekends before any of us and just take a drive.

If someone arranged to have Dylan hidden, one has to believe that they would want him kept as a prisoner, as he surely would have to be, to avoid escaping or trying to use a phone, computer,etc...unless one is imagining he is in some cabin somewhere with no power or whatever, tied up and watched over by a kindly friend of a arent, for going on two months now. It just is not happening, IMO. If he is alive, he is with someone much worse and no one will be coming forward to say "whoops, we went about this wrong". Jmo

that info was contained in a comment under a video that is posted in timelines, maps thread. Can only paraphrase comment-not discuss it

Thanks. I had no idea where I had read it. I was just saying that it is one other option that has been considered, even if I think it's highly unlikely. I guess I could have just as easily said only that it was a possibility, but I didn't want people thinking I was accusing anyone. :banghead:

If someone arranged to have Dylan hidden, one has to believe that they would want him kept as a prisoner, as he surely would have to be, to avoid escaping or trying to use a phone, computer,etc...unless one is imagining he is in some cabin somewhere with no power or whatever, tied up and watched over by a kindly friend of a arent, for going on two months now. It just is not happening, IMO. If he is alive, he is with someone much worse and no one will be coming forward to say "whoops, we went about this wrong". Jmo

Unfortunately, I agree. If he's alive and in the custody of some other party, they are unlikely to come forward voluntarily at this point. We have to hope for that party being apprehended ( think Jayce Dugard, the two boys kidnapped by that awful pizza parlor guy in MO) to free Dylan from this sort of scenario.

The longer this drags on, the more frightened I am for Dylan.

I'd be curious to hear what the consensus is. We (my siblings and I) would always leave notes. My boys are too young to just leave without me knowing (they are 9 and 12) and I'm a SAHM so always here with them. However, my 40 year old husband NEVER leaves notes. Ever. He's an early bird and will wake up on the weekends before any of us and just take a drive.

Our situation is different than most- we are rural- it is obvious where mine are if they are not here; as there are only so many places that can/would go if myself or Dad weren't home; ie one friend's home- or out jogging/biking around our double looped neighborhood- or running the dogs. The older one leaves notes- because he drives; my husband doesn't usually- depends on his mission for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savethedryads