CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan ran the battery down on his phone and ipod texting and playing games all day and night. His charger wouldn't work or he lost it. He wakes up and grabs his stuff and leaves because he's skeptical that since he didn't leave with his dad in the morning that his dad might not take him when he returned, or he just gets impatient. Something happens to him.

Or, he's outside playing waiting on his dad and someone he runs into says they will give him a ride to his friends. So, he grabs his stuff so he has everything to spend the night.
Then something happens to him.

No, I don't think he would have used the house phone to call anyone.

I don't know anything about the darn fishing pole. Maybe he took it so he could fish with his friends or maybe it never was missing, MR just thought it was during all the chaos.

I do not believe Dylan would attempt to leave the home to walk or hitch a ride without notifying someone, anyone that he was on his way. He had plenty of ways to notify someone.

I do not believe Dylan would go outside to check the weather or whatever carrying his backpack and everything else with him. Not plausible. Half the time when a kid runs out the door for a minute, they don't even wear shoes, much less take anything with them.

I am certain LE has checked out every single person remotely connected to this child. No way a casual "acquaintance" would not have entered LE scopes by now.

There is no possibility that a complete stranger just decided to knock on the door, grab Dylan, his backpack, phone, etc and take him without leaving a trace. In that instance, it's like saying someone driving down the street in your neighborhood decided to randomly knock on someone's door and snatch a kid. From the outside looking in, there is no way of even knowing a kid lives in the house. Odds are zero to zero.

Dylan did not run away. Even his parents have discounted that assumption and LE has ruled that out.

That only leaves...

MOO

Just because family friends and acquaintances have been checked out doesn't mean they have been cleared, it just means there is no evidence or reason to believe they are involved. Basically they are flying under the radar and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are actively involved in the "Team Dylan" effort. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can understand so many people going with the theory that someone who knows Dylan or one of his parents took him, as that would have him alive.

I just don't believe it.

Maybe if he had been gone a few days, or even a week. But not three months and counting. It would be difficult, not to mention expensive, to maintain a teenage boy, while at the same time hiding him, keeping him captive and still maintaining an outwardly normal appearance or lifestyle to avoid suspicion. And for what purpose? Dylan is far too old not to be able to report his ordeal in great detail at some point, assuming he is not to be kept for his entire life. No one will be able to claim a reward for "producing" him from such a situation as they would at the least, share in the guilt.

Whatever happened to him is a felony, whether he is deceased or not. If the case is ever solved, someone is going to prison for a long time, if not for life.

I appreciate the need to want to think of "best case scenarios" and presumably, someone known to the family would be better than the unknown predator.

Just not at all likely to me. If he is alive, IMO, he is in a terrible, abusive, unthinkable situation this very moment. Not being looked after by some well-intentioned lunatic.

ETA I believe that if someone was "dim" enough to take Dylan, thinking it was for his sake or whatever dubious reason, he would have been able to outsmart such a person long before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420