CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the search continues for 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, who went missing from his father's home 10 days ago in Vallecito, Colo., investigators no longer believe that he ran away.

Instead, the La Plata County Sheriff's office issued a warrant to search the home of Dylan's father, Mark Redwine, Thursday morning.

~Snipped~

La Plata County Sheriff spokesman Dan Bender told ABCNews.com that when Dylan was first reported missing, authorities checked Dylan's father's home to see if the boy was there. Dylan was visiting his father for the Thanksgiving holiday (his parents are divorced).

"We were checking the basement and other rooms, we were seeing if there had been something left on the bed, like his cellphone," Bender said. "We weren't doing a very meticulous search."

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigators-search-home-missing-colo-boys-father/story?id=17840755

On Wednesday, the task force officially ruled out that he was a runaway because of the amount of time he has been gone — 11 days as of yesterday, and because he has not been in contact with any of his friends or his parents. Like most 13-year-olds, “he was a prolific texter,” Bender said.

“We do know he reached La Plata County,” Bender said. Beyond that, there isn’t much.

Read more:

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp

And we would have never known that ER had a drinking problem verified with something besides the court records.:moo:

So, I'm trying to respond in a way that was suggested: could you explain how this would relate to the case? What is significant about this? I'm just trying to understand how her possible drinking problem might have something to do with the case. I understand we really can't sleuth ER, and I don't think this has been verified. But since the statement was made, I'm trying to understand what the thought-process is. Does it excuse MR's behavior and give him more credibility? Does it give ER less credibility? How?

While the search continues for 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, who went missing from his father's home 10 days ago in Vallecito, Colo., investigators no longer believe that he ran away.

Instead, the La Plata County Sheriff's office issued a warrant to search the home of Dylan's father, Mark Redwine, Thursday morning.

~Snipped~

La Plata County Sheriff spokesman Dan Bender told ABCNews.com that when Dylan was first reported missing, authorities checked Dylan's father's home to see if the boy was there. Dylan was visiting his father for the Thanksgiving holiday (his parents are divorced).

"We were checking the basement and other rooms, we were seeing if there had been something left on the bed, like his cellphone," Bender said. "We weren't doing a very meticulous search."

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigators-search-home-missing-colo-boys-father/story?id=17840755

Thanks for this! BBM

Interesting choice of wording isn't it?

So, I'm trying to respond in a way that was suggested: could you explain how this would relate to the case? What is significant about this? I'm just trying to understand how her possible drinking problem might have something to do with the case. I understand we really can't sleuth ER, and I don't think this has been verified. But since the statement was made, I'm trying to understand what the thought-process is. Does it excuse MR's behavior and give him more credibility? Does it give ER less credibility? How?

You are absolutely right! Nowhere has it been proven that Elaine has a drinking problem. I would love to see a link to that. Whether Elaine drinks or not has zero to do with what happened to Dylan IMO, and the fact that it keeps being brought up and allowed is mind boggling to me. It seems like a ridiculous attempt to justify MR's actions in some crazy way.

IMO likewise, whether or not MR drinks has zero to do with what happened to Dylan. I saw that MR's drinking affected his ability to take a LDT, but beyond that it means little to me. I do not know if MR has a drinking problem because I do not know him personally and am unaware of his drinking habits.

It seems to me that MR is not the only one that likes to lay blame at Elaine's feet as some type of distraction and explanation for his bizarre actions.

IIRC when posters stated that MR was alcoholic those posts were removed and snipped and it was made clear by admin that we don't have any facts to support that so it was 'rumor'. So why are the posts stating it is a known fact that Elaine has a drinking problem allowed to remain? Hmmm.....

IMO BOTH ARE IRRELEVANT.

But according to the answer Dylan texted Ryan, it was before Walmart McDonalds.

MR might not have realized Dylan said cant meet, and MR more than likely figured once Dylan texted about the arriving at 6:30 AM at Ryan's GM house afterwards, was the only text, so it an obvious contradiction MR Statement and Dylan's text to Ryan.

Dylan seemed nervous in the reserved way he texted Ryan, Then at 8PM a flurry of backand forth was sent, then Dylan failed to complete the conversation,

around 9:37 PM Dylan appears to have used his IPOD Touch to send at least one electronic message to an unknown person.

MR stated once you cross the Dam, the cell phones regain signals, and this could explain the quick flurry of message shorty after 8Pm.

And the following day MR states he was texting Dylan in a spotty cell area, never understood why he didn't try calling at anytime, All parents with cell phone capabilities with their children would've called durning an emergency.

IMO i believe whatever caused Dylan's Disappearance occurred Sunday Night November 18 2012, and I'm standing by my beliefs until there's some type of evidence that proves beyond a Reasonable Doubt Dylan was seen, or communicated with a credible person, that places Dylan on MR couch after MR leaves at 7:30 AM Monday November 19 2012.

BBM

Have you seen this, Ronald?

This is from Dylan's NAMUS entry -

Circumstances
Per law enforcement - Dylan was last seen on November 19, 2012 at around 7:30 am.

Case Information
Date last seen November 19, 2012 07:30

Instead,
the La Plata County Sheriff's office issued a warrant to search the home of Dylan's father, Mark Redwine, Thursday morning.

~Snipped~

Read more:

BBM

Interesting wording isn't it? I wonder why LE would state that they no longer believe him to be a run away, INSTEAD.......

Very very interesting....

BBM

My understanding of that was that he asked his father if he could go to his friend's house after they went to Walmart & McDonald's, not that he asked after they went to Walmart & McDonald's. There's a big difference in meaning (for our purposes), but I've never seen it clarified by him anywhere. MOO

I have no idea why the blanket wasn't taken.

How far from walmart was R's grandmothers house?

It s way easier to drop him off that evening and MR could have gone and did all his CHORES or ERRANDS. Did his shopping and had everything ready for thanksgiving giving the two of them the rest of the week to bond and have father and son time. It makes no sense to me not to let him go that evening.
R was expecting him.

Something happened after Walmart!

BBM

Have you seen this, Ronald?

This is from Dylan's NAMUS entry -

Circumstances
Per law enforcement - Dylan was last seen on November 19, 2012 at around 7:30 am.

Case Information
Date last seen November 19, 2012 07:30

Date last reported to be seen by a Father who has ever changing stories, has shown no concern in finding his child and whom exhibits very bizarre behavior, that is questionable to say the least IMO.

I wonder why LE was asking for video from Sunday evening through about Monday noon? Isn't that odd considering he was last seen Monday morning?

BBM

Interesting wording isn't it? I wonder why LE would state that they no longer believe him to be a run away, INSTEAD.......

Very very interesting....

Possibly because they dont believe he was ever there to run away from it.

Date last reported to be seen by a Father who has ever changing stories, has shown no concern in finding his child and whom exhibits very bizarre behavior, that is questionable to say the least IMO.

I wonder why LE was asking for video from Sunday evening through about Monday noon? Isn't that odd considering he was last seen Monday morning?

Because MR has no alibi!
Dylan was last seen in public at Walmart.
Everything that happened is only by what MR says. And I dont think they believe what he has had to say.

He can only account fr the time he was at paroll office and the lawyer.

JMO

wonder when that entry was made to Namus? any way to tell?

LE also says, on Jan 24, he went missing Nov 18

The Dylan Redwine Task Force is also providing an updated timeline of Dylan's activity the day before he went missing Sunday, November 18.

5:46PM Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport.
7:05 PM Dylan at Durango Walmart
7:22 PM Dylan at Durango McDonalds
9:37PM Dylan's last electronic device communication (texting)

http://www.koaa.com/news/reward-for-information-on-missing-dylan-redwine-increased/#_

sorry I read that wrong --'day before he went missing.."

FWIW-Regarding calls and texting in that area- and comments about why didn't DR call anyone.
I contacted someone I know that lives in Bayfield. I was told there is very little reception up in that area (Vallecito). This person can text in certain areas, but definitely can not make calls go through. So Dylan may or may not have had reception to do either.
Just something for consideration.

eta- and it has not been disclosed where specifically that last text from DR was sent from

I understand what you're saying, but that's not what it says. It's okay. I'm not trying to convince anybody. I just wondered if Ronald had ever seen it, and offering him the information if he hadn't.

I think they were trying to see if they had movement from MR at these times.
He was seen Monday Am by the last person to be with him that failed a poly!
soooo what are the odds?

wonder when that entry was made to Namus? any way to tell?

LE also says, on Jan 24, he went missing Nov 18

http://www.koaa.com/news/reward-for-information-on-missing-dylan-redwine-increased/#_

LE states in that press release the day before he went missing -

The Dylan Redwine Task Force is also providing an updated timeline of Dylan's activity the day before he went missing Sunday, November 18.

Thanks for posting that.

ETA - Sorry, Kate. Didn't see your correction post until after I posted this.

Aren't there also court records alleging a drunken MR was having sex with a woman in the yard? But yet, we aren't allowed to assume that MR has a drinking problem. Heck, we even know that MR was not able to perform a LDT because of a night spent with his friend Jim Beam, but still we are not allowed to speculate as to whether or not HE has a drinking problem.

Interesting....

I wonder what he did Sunday while waiting for his son to arrive?
did he meet him in the terminal or wait outside in his truck?

FWIW-Regarding calls and texting in that area- and comments about why didn't DR call anyone.
I contacted someone I know that lives in Bayfield. I was told there is very little reception up in that area (Vallecito). This person can text in certain areas, but definitely can not make calls go through. So Dylan may or may not have had reception to do either.
Just something for consideration.

eta- and it has not been disclosed where specifically that last text from DR was sent from

Dylan's Father confirmed that Dylan was able to text from a few areas inside the home. His Mother confirmed this also. There is also an interview with a reporter whose cell phone clearly rang in the middle of doing an interview inside MR's home. So it must depend on the carrier. But we do know that Dylan was able to text from MR's home and it has been confirmed by both his Mother and Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000