CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he got up in the morning, tried to turn it on while going to the bathroom, and dropped it in the toilet. I've been told that even the "smartest" phones don't know how to swim yet.

But then where is the phone now?

With the phone?

IF he dropped it in the toilet, he might have taken it with him to see if he could get it fixed or thinks if he could dry it out he might get it working again. Some people I know have gotten their phones wet and took them apart, used a hair dryer and dried them out and they worked. Others, not so much. Depends on the phone.

Dropping it in the toilet in the AM does not really explain activity ceasing at 8pm the night before for an active teen.

IF he dropped it in the toilet, he might have taken it with him to see if he could get it fixed or thinks if he could dry it out he might get it working again. Some people I know have gotten their phones wet and took them apart, used a hair dryer and dried them out and they worked. Others, not so much. Depends on the phone.

I don't think there is much of a chance that he dropped his cell phone into the toilet. Apparently his cell had never even been turned on that morning. I doubt he would take a turned off cell phone to the toilet with him.

And if he had dropped it into the gross yucky toilet bowl I doubt he put it right into his backpack that morning. JMO

I don't think there is much of a chance that he dropped his cell phone into the toilet. Apparently his cell had never even been turned on that morning. I doubt he would take a turned off cell phone to the toilet with him.

And if he had dropped it into the gross yucky toilet bowl I doubt he put it right into his backpack that morning. JMO

My son's dropped 2 of them in there now. Both times they fell out of his sweatshirt pocket. Luckily for him, the water was as clean as toilet water ever is, and he did get one working fairly normally once it dried out, and the other one working well enough to get his pictures and address book off it.

Hey guys - can any of you lead me to the info on ER's ill relative? And/or confirmation that DR had an iphone?

Where did that info come from?

Thanks,

Salem

Back in the beginning I was doing some looking on Facebook....friends of friends etc. and I did come across the ill relatives facebook page where she talks about wigs after chemo. Then a relative registered here and posted about the cancer. Obviously sleuthing random Facebook accounts and posting links isn't allowed so I won't link the Facebook profile, but I will look in my favorites folder and see if I saved it. There are several relatives with completely or partial open/public Facebook accounts.

I know one fishing area has been searched, but are there other lakes within walking distance of his dad's house?

Just thinking that if Dylan had had breakfast and got bored of watching tv, he may have decided to kill the couple of hours before dad got back by going fishing, if it was only a short walk away. Grabs backpack as he hadn't bothered to unpack it yet, so takes the lot including phone. No note needed for dad, as Dylan planned to be back at the house by 11am.

Then something happened there .... either he fell in (explains why phone has never pinged since then), or he encountered someone there, or on the way to the lake or on the way back.

However, if that did happen, I still would think he'd have text his friends to let them know he was arriving later than the 6.30am planned. Unless he wasn't aware his phone was dead until he got there, and couldn't charge it.

I still can't decide what I think happened - the phone circumstantial evidence points to something happening around 8pm the previous evening, but everything else seems to confirm that Dylan was up and well by the following morning (breakfast bowl, tv on kids channel etc) ...... unless LE are just letting people believe that.

whats the wildlife like around there?

do children regularly go into the woods or go to lakes on their own?

Back in the beginning I was doing some looking on Facebook....friends of friends etc. and I did come across the ill relatives facebook page where she talks about wigs after chemo. Then a relative registered here and posted about the cancer. Obviously sleuthing random Facebook accounts and posting links isn't allowed so I won't link the Facebook profile, but I will look in my favorites folder and see if I saved it. There are several relatives with completely or partial open/public Facebook accounts.

This might be the post in which the grandmother having cancer is mentioned??..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8593466&postcount=7"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5[/ame]

I know one fishing area has been searched, but are there other lakes within walking distance of his dad's house?

Just thinking that if Dylan had had breakfast and got bored of watching tv, he may have decided to kill the couple of hours before dad got back by going fishing, if it was only a short walk away. Grabs backpack as he hadn't bothered to unpack it yet, so takes the lot including phone. No note needed for dad, as Dylan planned to be back at the house by 11am.

Then something happened there .... either he fell in (explains why phone has never pinged since then), or he encountered someone there, or on the way to the lake or on the way back.

However, if that did happen, I still would think he'd have text his friends to let them know he was arriving later than the 6.30am planned. Unless he wasn't aware his phone was dead until he got there, and couldn't charge it.

I still can't decide what I think happened - the phone circumstantial evidence points to something happening around 8pm the previous evening, but everything else seems to confirm that Dylan was up and well by the following morning (breakfast bowl, tv on kids channel etc) ...... unless LE are just letting people believe that.

I like it! However, like you I have problems with the phone issue. That is so bothersome and it's hard to think of any possible scenerio that would make that work.

I do hope when this case is resolved, we have an answer to the whole phone issue because that seems to be what has us stumped the most. We've thrown around so many "what ifs" and ideas of why it is the way it is, that getting an answer would probably help us on future cases where the same issues arises.

Look guys! We have a child missing! We know he made it to the Durango airport! We have no further known sightings of him! We know he is missing!
What makes logical sense?
Sorry if I missed something in the posts.

Look guys! We have a child missing! We know he made it to the Durango airport! We have no further known sightings of him! We know he is missing!
What makes logical sense?
Sorry if I missed something in the posts.

whats the road/side roads and terrain like from the airport, are there any rivers or lakes? forests?

is everyone asleep or am I missing something?

I'm here! It just seems as though because of the time difference between Australia and America that it goes somewhat quiet on here during our night time, then goes nuts during our day time! Hmmmmmph. I did see a couple of our fellow American's say earlier that they were heading to bed... So no I don't think you're missing anything?

I'm here! It just seems as though because of the time difference between Australia and America that it goes somewhat quiet on here during our night time, then goes nuts during our day time! Hmmmmmph. I did see a couple of our fellow American's say earlier that they were heading to bed... So no I don't think you're missing anything?

Same for me, here in the UK. Goes really quiet when I have time to log on, but when I come back from work, you've moved one if not two threads ahead!

Despite the awful circumstances of the things we discuss and sleuth, it is nice to contact people across the globe and learn more about the areas you all live in and the customs/lifestyles you have which differ to ours. Even the different use of language is interesting - I often have to google things to find out what you mean!

Thanks FruitTingles, I've seen it go quiet before but not this quiet.

YidArmyRach what part of the Uk are you from? I'm first gen Australian with english welsh parents

I hope and pray Dylan is found soon, its been too long already.

You make a great point, Annie. We roast MR for having some meetings scheduled for Monday morning, but Dylan was just as eager to leave his dad's to stay at friends' for two days. Perhaps when Dad originally made the appointments/meetings for Monday morning he made them early on purpose thinking he would be back about the time Dylan would be getting up for the day.

I think trying to understand the family dynamic here is nearly impossible from the outside.

JMO

But MR is the one that wanted him there Dylan didnt have a choice.
Dad needed to find things to do that Dylan might enjoy doing WITH him.
This might be where fishing pole comes in...IM worried Dylan didnt want the pole and did not want to go fishing with dad and that might have caused
an argument along with having more interest with his cell phone than dad.

All Speculation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member