CO- Dylan Redwine's case discussed on Dr. Phil ONLY!- 2/26/13 ***SPOILERS***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't watched the show, but have read the thread while waiting for links to be posted (thanks to the kind person who has now added them a while ago :) )
I'm not shocked at all that MR didn't take the test under those circumstances. He may very well be guilty and have realised that his number was fast coming up and the pressure and drama of the show was just hastening the inevitable.

There is also a chance that, as unlikable as most find MR (for all the reasons repeated here many times) he may not be the person responsible for Dylan's disappearance. He already had difficulties with the first poly, and could well be terrified that the next one will go the same route or worse. Just another theory to consider and MOO.

IMO I don't think any result would have abated the frenzy of public opinion against him - people were baying for blood after part one of the programme, even though he had agreed to take the test at that point.

All just food for thought anyway. I'm still teetering on the fence, but am being stubborn about staying there without the evidence or facts. I have enough life experience to know that there are always going to be people (and more of them than we care to admit) who just do not act in the way we expect "normal" folks to behave. MR may well be one of them, which is compounded by the fact that he has obviously had a lot of difficulty relating to others in the past. Not discounting any of his past (or present) failings and problems at all - just not ready to equate that with the murder of his youngest child.

:moo:

Thanks. I'm not sure how I feel right now. I still have to do some pondering on this.

My husband watched all but about the first 15 minutes today. I've never discussed this case with him, so he knew none of the specifics. Since he used to live in CO, and his other grown kids still live there, he knew of that area. Anyway, he offered no opinions, but while I was telling him a little bit about the case he said even if the man was totally innocent, he makes himself look guilty. And that about sums it up.

Is anyone else's webpage lagging tonight? I don't think it's my internet (or my old crappy laptop).

Yes - lagging, sometimes loading only the ads at the top but not the forum, and the "Like" button is disappearing on me more often than normal. It's not just you.

There have been quite a few posts in the past couple of days which have mentioned "the people defending MR". Not sure if that is in reference to those of us who are still on the fence, but respectfully, we are all still entitled to express our opinions here, regardless of what transpired on a tv show. I haven't seen anyone come out and claim to know that MR is innocent - I have seen posters who are trying to stick with the facts as we know them, and describe alternative theories for the things which others believe scream guilt. That should make for some good discussion IMO.

We all want Dylan found and any or all perpetrators held accountable. Some just are able to see that there are other possibilities that deserve consideration. These threads would grind to a halt very quickly if all there was left to do was congratulate each other for all agreeing on the same conclusions, or just expressing how much an individual is disliked by the majority.
At this point still, all we have are our opinions, and this is :moo:

The MR "support" page? If so, I would venture a guess it was due to admin illiteracy, lol. :floorlaugh: But seriously, I didn't think it would last long....

but the crazy stuff is about other things discussed during the taping...:banghead:

guess we knew the "crazies" would come out of the Dr. Phil's show...

I am filled with sadness and a sense of collective grief tonight. It's like the whole country knows Dylan is dead and by his own father's hand.

All I have to say after today's show is this:
Mark Redwine has not won and can never win. If in fact his goal is to torment Elaine and cause her pain, then he has accomplished that. If his goal is to eradicate the love that his sons have for their mother and not for him, he has lost forever. they will always love her and not him. Silencing Dylan cannot change that and will not make Mark feel any better. Cory saying he hates his dad just drives that point home harder. Elaine will always have her sons' love no matter where they are. Mark will never have his sons' love, and as he ages, that will only cause him more and more pain. One day his actions towards Dylan will cause him pain beyond belief and it will end his life, via the ways his lifestyle and choices and actions cause negativity and subsequently disease in the body. He cannot win as he is killing himself slowly but surely as he "silences" his son and ruins the lives of those he touches. If he receives no justice in the legal system, his karma will come as a lonely and painful old age and death. and beyond that, it's a greater mystery.

For Elaine to mourn and grieve and slowly heal, and continue to search until Dylan is found and given the love and respect of a burial, is for her to "win". For her to do what is best and most healing for herself and her family is for them all to "win". They will go on to live their lives, without their youngest family member and with the sadness and loss from that, but they will also experience and share love and joy and togetherness. That is something Mark Redwine will never experience. And he can't take that away from them, no matter what he does, or has done.

Yes, he said 'either you're guilty or there's something seriously wrong with you!' (or something similar to that)

ITA

yes, it was something like "if you didn't have something to do with this there is something seriously wrong with you, because your response to this, something's very wrong" paraphrasing

I do. If you are innocent and you know you are going to be taking a polygraph the next day, you go try to eat a good meal, take a relaxing hot shower or bath, and go to bed with a good book or a light comedy on the tv. Try to get a good, solid sleep. At least that is what I would do if I was facing a polygraph the next day. Especially if I had just finished a very stressful and upsetting day.

I certainly wouldn't go get drunk and stay up most of the night. It's just common sense to me to want to be clear headed and rested before the test. Unless of course you aren't planning on being truthful and are hoping you can use your hangover for an excuse to back out. JMO

but if you're guilty and scared *****less about the poly you're gonna take and how you're gonna get out of it, you do drink and stay up all night. even if it wasn't his intention to use that to blow off the poly, it worked to the same end.

Re: your last sentence..
Kamille, this is exactly what Elaine expressed early on ..her fear that Dylan may have said something that Mark didn't like or want to hear that night after he picked him up from the airport..

MOO..The more we see and hear from Mark Redwine himself, the more I become aware that this situation could in fact have been the catalyst for which this tragedy occurred..

IMO as someone mentioned upthread it definitely appears as tho, Mark Redwine was more focused on the fact that how dare Cory have said that to him..much much more hyper focused on that rather than the disturbing fact that his youngest son is no longer here...

For me that really makes me look at the possibility of was it in fact something that young Dylan said that night that Mark became hyper focused and enraged about...and obviously IMO Mark's reaction would have been likely a thousand times intensified than what/how we saw the man act/react on national television.. It would have just been he and Dylan with that type anger and rage over something said that was not to Mark's liking...

With Elaine's having so very early on voiced her fears over this exact possibility and now combined with seeing his reaction when Cory said that on the show...well..for me it becomes much more of a very real possibility of something similar having occurred that Sunday night between Mark and Dylan...not to even mention the possibility of alcohol being involved...IMO just a really really bad situation for young Dylan AND it hurts my heart to think about just how very bad his last moments quite possibly were..

I think this is all right on. an b/c of that, i wonder how vulnerable CR is to MR? He's an adult and has no visitation, but given how MR doesn't like to be disrespected and cannot handle his sons' favoring their mom, I wonder if he's in any danger. or any of them. I hope they have protection orders and pepper spray/stun guns, at least. of course, adults are harder to pummel than children, and MR already knows CR can kick his arse.

I am filled with sadness and a sense of collective grief tonight. It's like the whole country knows Dylan is dead and by his own father's hand.

All I have to say after today's show is this:
Mark Redwine has not won and can never win. If in fact his goal is to torment Elaine and cause her pain, then he has accomplished that. If his goal is to eradicate the love that his sons have for their mother and not for him, he has lost forever. they will always love her and not him. Silencing Dylan cannot change that and will not make Mark feel any better. Cory saying he hates his dad just drives that point home harder. Elaine will always have her sons' love no matter where they are. Mark will never have his sons' love, and as he ages, that will only cause him more and more pain. One day his actions towards Dylan will cause him pain beyond belief and it will end his life, via the ways his lifestyle and choices and actions cause negativity and subsequently disease in the body. He cannot win as he is killing himself slowly but surely as he "silences" his son and ruins the lives of those he touches. If he receives no justice in the legal system, his karma will come as a lonely and painful old age and death. and beyond that, it's a greater mystery.

For Elaine to mourn and grieve and slowly heal, and continue to search until Dylan is found and given the love and respect of a burial, is for her to "win". For her to do what is best and most healing for herself and her family is for them all to "win". They will go on to live their lives, without their youngest family member and with the sadness and loss from that, but they will also experience and share love and joy and togetherness. That is something Mark Redwine will never experience. And he can't take that away from them, no matter what he does, or has done.

I agree for the most part, but wanted to add something. Even if Elaine is allowed to bury her baby, nothing in her life will ever be the same again. She will heal. She will have love and someday, even joy again. But she will never, ever be the same again. When I buried my beautiful daughter, I didn't think I could ever live again. But slowly, my life returned to some kind of normalcy. Whenever I find myself discussing her or how I'm doing, I have to tell people that my life changed forever and it will always be divided into "before she died and after she died". That division line is the sharpest contrast in my life story. And it always will be.

The saddest part for me after today is that now I truly believe that if MR is involved, Dylan is not alive and has not been since that Sunday night/Monday morning. No chance, IMO, that he has him somewhere alive, as I do not think he would take this "abuse" as he sees it. He would find a way to "produce" him and take his chances.

I also do not believe that if a predator took him, it was specific to Dylan, but rather a crime of opportunity, and also, not a good ending for Dylan.

I am afraid I am out of hope. :(

There have been quite a few posts in the past couple of days which have mentioned "the people defending MR". Not sure if that is in reference to those of us who are still on the fence, but respectfully, we are all still entitled to express our opinions here, regardless of what transpired on a tv show. I haven't seen anyone come out and claim to know that MR is innocent - I have seen posters who are trying to stick with the facts as we know them, and describe alternative theories for the things which others believe scream guilt. That should make for some good discussion IMO.

We all want Dylan found and any or all perpetrators held accountable. Some just are able to see that there are other possibilities that deserve consideration. These threads would grind to a halt very quickly if all there was left to do was congratulate each other for all agreeing on the same conclusions, or just expressing how much an individual is disliked by the majority.
At this point still, all we have are our opinions, and this is :moo:

BBM I have used this expression. If you're referring to any of my posts, then let me clarify that I was not referring to anyone who is "on the fence" or anyone who is providing alternative theories about Dylan's disappearance. Rather, I'm referred to persons both on television and online who are as convinced that MR is innocent of any wrongdoing, as some are convinced that he's guilty of something. I have personally felt attacked online by some of those who pounced on me for my opinions in this case, so naturally I agree that everyone is entitled to theirs. I don't think anyone here, including myself, has flagged any comment for providing an alternate theory or opinion.

I agree for the most part, but wanted to add something. Even if Elaine is allowed to bury her baby, nothing in her life will ever be the same again. She will heal. She will have love and someday, even joy again. But she will never, ever be the same again. When I buried my beautiful daughter, I didn't think I could ever live again. But slowly, my life returned to some kind of normalcy. Whenever I find myself discussing her or how I'm doing, I have to tell people that my life changed forever and it will always be divided into "before she died and after she died". That division line is the sharpest contrast in my life story. And it always will be.

(((NC Analyzer)))

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. You made me cry because I can remember my grandma saying, "a parent is never, ever supposed to bury their child"...she passed away a year after her 41 year old son (my uncle) died.

I feel you have a heart as "big as China" by your previous post but now I admire you more. Thanks for sharing your story.

I am about cried out for today....

That you do what you do for a living after going through something like that says a lot about what an incredible person you are!
:grouphug:

OT, I know my mom was never the same after my younger sister died. And then my brother died suddenly and the life really did seem to seep out her. She hung until a few months after my dad died. This was all in the space of about five pretty horrible years. The only thing I feel is worse is having a family member just disappear and never know what happened. I hope Dylan's family does not continue long in this kind of darkness.

Good evening. I'm trying to view part 2 via the ustream link (thanks again dg and tr), but it doesn't work after 7 minutes.

Does anyone know if there's another link to part 2 online?
Thank you.
I found a trick that kind of works. I take the slider and move it forward past 7 minutes, to about 10 minutes. I missed a little, but it started playing again. Then I paused it and let it sit for a few minutes. I had to pause and play maybe five times. It worked until I got to the end, and the same thing happened, so I missed the last 2 minutes, but perhaps it will work for you.

Was the mail woman and the girlfriend the same person? Or am I mistaken?

I am waaaayyyy behind...

But I have not heard about this possible connection...

and I would appreciate hearing more...

Mail carrier is or is not MR's girlfriend?

TIA...:seeya:

A parent should never have to bury their child. My mother always said it was harder to bury my sister than it was to bury my father (both had early deaths). My sympathies.

Does anyone know if you order the dvd of Dr. Phil's show if you receive the uncut/unedited version? Wouldn't that be something to see?

Between this site lagging off and on and my internet connection being down more often than up today, I'm really late with a lot of my comments. Sorry about that.

Accusing someone is way different than convicting someone. You have to have real hard evidence and concrete PROOF to convict. I don't think that's so with an accusation. I feel right now there is plenty of circumstantial evidence for charges to be brought on MR, circumstances ALONE, but there is nowhere near enough evidence to convict so they do not. An accusation is just that..... you accuse someone, they say yeah or no and here's why and then you say oh ok so you did not do or you did do it.
Accusations do not land people in prison for life.........convictions do ! mooooo
I didn't mean that people don't have the right to accuse someone without concrete proof; if that were the case, there would probably never be anyone acquitted in court. I just don't feel comfortable myself about doing it. Possibly because of rumors I heard about myself in the past, and probably at least partially because of people I know who were falsely accused of things which affected them for the rest of their lives (at least so far, maybe someday that will change.) Whatever the reason, I just prefer not to do it myself. MOO

Why does anyone think CR and ER would want to focus on MR if they did not honestly believe he has answers? One only has to look at them to see how their worlds have crashed around them. ER is even almost willing to admit that Dylan bones could be decomposing in the woods...a pretty horrific image for any mother to consider, but she wants the truth that badly. And MR just smirks and hedges and changes the subject.

DP said one thing that cannot be argued with, IMO; if MR is not guilty, then there is something seriously wrong with this man. Nothing in his reactions approaches any level of "normalcy" for the situation and I would trust that DP has had experience in dealing with plenty of people in crisis.

I originally thought ER said things just out of anger & resentment combined with fear, and I thought CR said them out of support for her and resentment toward MR. Now I just think his response and a lack of any better possibilities has made him become their only option. MOO

I cannot keep up with these threads but...
In regard to the mail carrier and her supposed sighting of Dylan at 1:30pm, his Dad was supposedly at the house at that time...napping?... and if he was passing thorough the area, you'd think he would have stopped back home to check in.
It just doesn't add up.

My Opinion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members