CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see a beard on Mr Ormon (?) by the way. Mind you, my internet isn't great so my screen is a bit blurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like I am an outlier here. I don't feel upset that the defense team is doing what they feel they need to do to defend their client. Just as the prosecution is doing the things they think they need to do to convince the jury he is guilty.

I feel like I am an outlier here. I don't feel upset that the defense team is doing what they feel they need to do to defend their client. Just as the prosecution is doing the things they think they need to do to convince the jury he is guilty.

I just don't understand how these little picky changes will make any difference. I'm not legally trained though, so what do I know :)

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 3m3 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting closing Tues sked-> 9am: Instructions, 10:15: DA (p1), Noon: Lunch, 1:30pm: DA (p2), 2:15ish: Defense, 4:30ish: DA rebuttal

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Nelson wants judge to include language in jury instructions saying that JH asserts mental illness "caused" him to commit #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 51s52 seconds ago
Orman says that would be a substitute for the insanity defense. He objects. #theatershooting

I can't see a beard on Mr Ormon (?) by the way. Mind you, my internet isn't great so my screen is a bit blurry.

he appeared to have some facial hair during opening---I could be soooooo wrong--I'm viewing this on channel 7 and sometimes they are blurry.:thinking:

I hope so---they don't need to sign off on each and every victim do they? I'm thinking one big huge--"we don't believe you" should be sufficient

Yes -- :D -- K.I.S.S.

And KISS you azz goodbye you cruel, chicken-hearted, malingering waste of protoplasm. They've got a couple of needles with your name on them... (could not help it, not meant to offend anyone but JH)

This defense attorney is a slow-learner IMHO. She just can't stop, can she???

Is Ms. Nelson, an DP attorney IN TRAINING?

She always 'refers' to her associate for everything.

They really want to confuse the jury too.

he appeared to have some facial hair during opening---I could be soooooo wrong--I'm viewing this on channel 7 and sometimes they are blurry.:thinking:

Oh hang on! I think I just saw some fuzzy beard! You could be correct!

Everything the defence has done was with the aim of muddying the waters and confusing the jury. All this talk about the November 2012 episode is designed to make the jury think he is so mentally ill that he couldn't have known the shooting was wrong.

I hope the jury is switched on and can see through this!

Ms Nelson planned to go all day on 'objecting' and causing a delay, but to what reason? Just for her own gain?

The Judge is a little upset!! Well, more then just a little upset!!!

I wonder what the Judge's IQ is...he is so on top of things and knows so much!!!

What is George doing today? Miss him!

Ms Nelson planned to go all day on 'objecting' and causing a delay, but to what reason? Just for her own gain?

The Judge is a little upset!! Well, more then just a little upset!!!

I wonder what the Judge's IQ is...he is so on top of things and knows so much!!!

What is George doing today? Miss him!

The judge has so much patience. I doubt I could be bothered with her wittering on.

GB is probably practicing his closing statement. :)

Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 12m12 minutes ago
Nelson wants judge to include language in jury instructions saying that JH asserts mental illness "caused" him to commit #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 11m11 minutes ago
Orman says that would be a substitute for the insanity defense. He objects. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 7m7 minutes ago
Mental illness may have caused him to commit the crime, but it might not make him insane, the judge says. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 4m4 minutes ago
Judge won't include the defense's proposed language in his instructions to the jury. #theatershooting

Should the judge really have to teach a defence lawyer the correct court protocol at this stage in her career? She is part of a team defending a case where a man's life is at stake. She should know her job!

Listen to the changes that Nelson wants to make in jury instructions!!!! Still arguing their points, trying to subtly get their theory in instructions.
:sigh:

:deadhorse:

:noooo:

:fainted:

XXXXX XXXXX ‏@xxxxxxxxxxx · 36s37 seconds ago
Should the judge really have to teach Ms Nelson correct court protocol at this stage in her career?! #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Judge noting that defense has had jury form since July 2. Says it's late to make big changes now. #theatershooting

This is like listening to the grammar police with worrying about periods, semi colons etc....

Now just wait a minnit -- without proper grammar, we would be no better than a paramecium.... (Thus spake the English major.) It's what divides us from the snakes & the snails. Don't get me started.... :D .. :0 .. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
penelopeb