CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they could/would bring in an example of that shotguns spray pattern. I had been using shotguns for some time before I actually saw one of those and still was surprised how large the spray is. I think it would drive home how awful what he did was.

I'm sure I missed it, what kind of shells did he have for the shotgun?

I may have intrepreted Atthelake's post wrong.

I took it as the juror was thinking that JH may not have been aiming at a specific person and that somehow absolves him of attempted murder of the person that was hit. Which I was trying to say I disagree with the juror in that thinking because you dont have to be aiming specifically at a single person in order to kill or maim them when you use a shotgun.

Or with any gun in a crowded setting for that matter, because the expectation is you would eventually kill someone if you fired in their general direction.

Exactly. The law will be explained to the jury by this brilliant Judge. The Pistorius case has no resemblance. Oscar fired 3 shots into a door 'thinking' that it was a burglar. The law there said you can't do that.

I may have intrepreted Atthelake's post wrong.

I took it as the juror was thinking that JH may not have been aiming at a specific person and that somehow absolves him of attempted murder of the person that was hit. Which I was trying to say I disagree with the juror in that thinking because you dont have to be aiming specifically at a single person in order to kill or maim them when you use a shotgun.

Or with any gun in a crowded setting for that matter, because the expectation is you would eventually kill someone if you fired in their general direction.

You got it right. BBM that was the logic in South Africa, and which then went for appeals BY THE PROSECUTION. Legal folks in South Africa, and us :websleuther: were scratching our heads over the legal logic that transpired in him getting culpable homicide vs. murder. (He was sentenced to five years, but could be released on house arrest as early as August.)

Was reading the link that someone put up yesterday http://extras.denverpost.com/trial/docs.html

Take a look at the SECOND google exhibit. The one labelled that his user name was classicjimboo@gmail.com.

On that google subscriber information, it lists his secondary e-mail account as beepbeepgoesthejeepjeep@gmail.com - a bit of onomatopoeia (This is the google account he created on 7/5/2012). I wonder why he chose that secondary name?

I was googling to try to figure out why he might use that onomatopoeia as an email. I see it in some childrens books, pinterest accounts, and a song that caught my eye merely because of a few key words.

http://genius.com/Missy-elliott-the-rain-supa-dupa-fly-lyrics/

...........Beep beep, who got the keys to the Jeep, vroom
I'm driving to the beach
Top down, loud sounds, see my peeps
Give them pounds, now look who it be
It be me me me and Timothy
Look like it's bout to rain, what a shame
I got the Armor-All to shine up the stain
Oh Missy try to maintain
Icky-icky-icky-icky-icky-icky-icky...........

Anyway, wandering minds last night going through the exhibits....

:seeya:

LOL ATL, before I even read through your post as soon as I saw that email name I thought of that song. I'm like a hip hop lyric savant. Why oh why I can't remember other things as well as I do rap lyrics I don't know!

LOL ATL, before I even read through your post as soon as I saw that email name I thought of that song. I'm like a hip hop lyric savant. Why oh why I can't remember other things as well as I do rap lyrics I don't know!

Em eye to the double ess why. Love Missy!

Was reading the link that someone put up yesterday http://extras.denverpost.com/trial/docs.html

Take a look at the SECOND google exhibit. The one labelled that his user name was classicjimboo@gmail.com.

On that google subscriber information, it lists his secondary e-mail account as beepbeepgoesthejeepjeep@gmail.com - a bit of onomatopoeia (This is the google account he created on 7/5/2012). I wonder why he chose that secondary name?

I was googling to try to figure out why he might use that onomatopoeia as an email. I see it in some childrens books, pinterest accounts, and a song that caught my eye merely because of a few key words.

http://genius.com/Missy-elliott-the-rain-supa-dupa-fly-lyrics/

...........Beep beep, who got the keys to the Jeep, vroom
I'm driving to the beach
Top down, loud sounds, see my peeps
Give them pounds, now look who it be
It be me me me and Timothy
Look like it's bout to rain, what a shame
I got the Armor-All to shine up the stain
Oh Missy try to maintain
Icky-icky-icky-icky-icky-icky-icky...........

Anyway, wandering minds last night going through the exhibits....

My son 32 has Schizoaffective disorder he will repeat simple words like that also say for instance boy, boy, toy and cat ate the rat rat. They like to rhyme words. It's really strange.

Look under Disorganized Schizophrenia. You can read about it.
http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/tc/types-of-schizophrenia-topic-overview

OT Post
I just wanted to post an explanation regarding why I stated the time in the US as Eastern Time when this trial first began. This may be helpful for those that do not live in the US.

When this trial initially started I posted everything as Eastern Time and received many comments about that even though I live in the West.

One of the reasons that I did this is because that is how we often receive the time out West for things such as trials in the East or television programs.

For example, on TV if you have Direct TV, most (I can't say all) advertisements for new or other programs will say. EX: Mad Men will be seen at 10:OO p.m. Eastern 9:00p.m. Central time. They never say what time it will be in the west or heaven forbid what time it will be seen in AZ in the winter. We just automatically convert the time to our time zone. Right now it would be seen at 7:00 in AZ and the West. But if this was in the Winter, AZ would see this at 8:00.

I know the last time I saw a TV guide (I don't even know if they make them still) everything was in Eastern time. But this was years ago. So everyone that waits up for the evening news at 10:00 or 11:00 P.M. in the East. We have it at 9:00 and 10:00 all year. Most of the daytime or morning programs are always taped for us.

When the Caylee Anthony trial was in session, I had to be up at 5:30 a.m. to see the early morning trial that started at 8:30a.m. or 6:00 a.m.,if it started at nine. Just another example.

So, that is one of the reasons why I quoted Eastern Time. Just an FYI. It is confusing for everyone. You just adjust to where you live.

I hope this helps anyone interested understand why I stated the time in Eastern Time. Yes, I could have stated Mountain Time but I think it would have been more confusing for those not familiar with our time zones. JMO

I am sure others have many more examples.
Thanks for listening.

Hey Charterhouse - you are right, always advertise Eastern time here in the West. And yes, they still sell TV Guide in an 8 x 10 guide now. I used to delivery TV Guide back in the late 50s on my bicycle! :back: Thanks for the nice memory of my childhood... :wave:

sorry :eek:fftopic:

So - more court on Monday?? TIA!

OT Post
I just wanted to post an explanation regarding why I stated the time in the US as Eastern Time when this trial first began. This may be helpful for those that do not live in the US.

When this trial initially started I posted everything as Eastern Time and received many comments about that even though I live in the West.

One of the reasons that I did this is because that is how we often receive the time out West for things such as trials in the East or television programs.

For example, on TV if you have Direct TV, most (I can't say all) advertisements for new or other programs will say. EX: Mad Men will be seen at 10:OO p.m. Eastern 9:00p.m. Central time. They never say what time it will be in the west or heaven forbid what time it will be seen in AZ in the winter. We just automatically convert the time to our time zone. Right now it would be seen at 7:00 in AZ and the West. But if this was in the Winter, AZ would see this at 8:00.

I know the last time I saw a TV guide (I don't even know if they make them still) everything was in Eastern time. But this was years ago. So everyone that waits up for the evening news at 10:00 or 11:00 P.M. in the East. We have it at 9:00 and 10:00 all year. Most of the daytime or morning programs are always taped for us.

When the Caylee Anthony trial was in session, I had to be up at 5:30 a.m. to see the early morning trial that started at 8:30a.m. or 6:00 a.m.,if it started at nine. Just another example.

So, that is one of the reasons why I quoted Eastern Time. Just an FYI. It is confusing for everyone. You just adjust to where you live.

I hope this helps anyone interested understand why I stated the time in Eastern Time. Yes, I could have stated Mountain Time but I think it would have been more confusing for those not familiar with our time zones. JMO

I am sure others have many more examples.
Thanks for listening.

Agree. And I appreciate this being stated as eastern so most can easily adjust to their area.

As to getting up early, Oscar trial following killed me to get up at 3:30 am!

That is scary for that juror to think like that. As soon as JH used his shotgun, then the juror's basis is thrown out the window. Because a shotgun fires pellets and "sprays" those pellets. JH would not have to aim specifically at a person in order to hit them.

And the further away he was from his target the larger the area of "spraying". So JH may have known this and just shot in a general direction towards people in the back and he could have been hitting mutliple people with 1 shot because the pellets spray out.

That juror needs educated about shotguns and the fact JH used a shotgun too.

I should have put in more moos lol. I just cannot figure out why that question is being asked. A good point that was made about no holes on the CEILING... he was indeed targeting folks and not wildly/blindly shooting in the air iykwim.

Everyone ready for today? :seeya:

Thanks in advance/in past for all those tweeting! :tyou:

Hey Charterhouse - you are right, always advertise Eastern time here in the West. And yes, they still sell TV Guide in an 8 x 10 guide now. I used to delivery TV Guide back in the late 50s on my bicycle! :back: Thanks for the nice memory of my childhood... :wave:

sorry :eek:fftopic:

So - more court on Monday?? TIA!

Yes, at 10:40 eastern :floorlaugh:

Defense asking for jury to be polled about their knowledge of the news coverage of the death penalty verdict for Boston Bomber. Wondering if the jury can be non biased.

Really??? Defense is saying because the Boston Bomber was sentanced to death, they think the jury might draw parallels to this trial...and they might not be able to be fair and impartial!!

UUMMM...it is no one's fault except your client that these parallels might be drawn.

But anyway, she wants the jury polled to see if they have been exposed to media coverage...and see if they can still be impartial in this trial.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 2 minutes ago

#TheaterShooting defense worried #Tsarnaev death verdict will unfairly prejudice jury. They ask judge for jury poll due to "clear parallels"

Orman gets up to stand...shaking his head. LOL!!

He is saying the defense must have been surprised...a huge shock that the sentence was coming! LOL!!

They should have thought about it if they wanted them to avoid media about that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592