CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 27205

Trying to attach a pic of the paper bag. It's paper lunch sack, neatly folded at the top. Not smashed or wrinkled.

At first I thought the bag looked the size of a lunch bag, but looking at your photo attachment it looks much bigger. Looking at the bag in relation to the size of the sidewalk it looks to be the size of a brown paper grocery bag, not a lunch size bag.

What they said at the time of the 9 news broadcast was that there was "also a paper bag". It made it sound like the backpack (with the water bottle inside) and the paper bag were two distinct items.

Yikes that means she was taken right outside her own home then. :waitasec:
If the other kid/s were already there surely they'd see something or hear her scream or something. No?

If they weren't there yet, then they wouldn't. I'd want to know who was usually there first. Because if J was the early type, she could have been standing in that spot and approached and taken from there. Did the other kid or kids run a little late on Friday? Or did someone she knows offer her a ride if she was running late?

More thinking outloud (and still trying to catch up). If her mom watched her walk as far as she could see towards the park, I wonder if someone was parked and watched until her mom walked back to the house. If that is the case, perhaps one of her friends saw someone who might have resembled Jessica getting into a car. Even if it is just someone wearing the same color pants and wearing the same color coat get into a car, that could help LE with any info the friends might recall.

9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

#JessicaRidgeway RT @kevinltorres: CSP says all outside agencies are being pulled from. Westminster will stay on scene. Police tape still up

another tweet says crime scene tape is down and most officers are gone.

I think the perp and LE are playing games with each other...

Pulled from what? The scene, the case? "pulled from" is a bit vague.... I hope this means just from the scene where the backpack was found.

Pulled from what? The scene, the case? "pulled from" is a bit vague.... I hope this means just from the scene where the backpack was found.

I think they meet other agencies, besides Westminster LE, are working the case too.

Jessica's picture is on the front page of Yahoo.com. This is great exposure for the case. It's #14 right now, but it moves up every time someone clicks it. The story about the woman who played Annie has been up for 3 days.

My observations about the bag:

The bag does not appear to be a full size grocery bag. The grocery bags are much heavier paper, usually darker in color, and are difficult to roll at the top as neatly as the one in the photo.
Assuming the bag is not simply an artifact of the water bottle discovery, it is possible to guess at a few things based solely on the bag itself.
Paper bags are not as common as they used to be, and the weight and finish of the paper may offer clues as to what it was originally used for.
Origin of bag:
Purchased from store
Liquor Stores often place purchases in similar bags, although more often they are using black plastic bags. Sometimes, especially when packaging breakable items, they put the items in the paper sack and then place the sack inside a plastic bag with handles.
Take out restaurants

It seems as though most larger stores, grocery stores, etc. have branded bags.

I thought it looked as though the bag had been rolled and re-rolled at the top, albeit carefully, more than once.

It definitely looked like there was something in the bag. It seemed like the object was causing the bag to lean back a bit. Maybe something that did not fill up the width of the bag, but only half of the bag, and not heavy enough to lay it flat.
For example, a dvd or a plastic container of some kind. I do think the object is not super thick(front to back), but it is wide(side to side), and medium height.

I know this seems a little over the top, especially considering I am only basing these opinions on one photo. Just sharing my observations and opinions.

It may be completely irrelevant.

My husband grew up where this happened. His house was on the way to the school, my FIL still lives there. It is an older neighborhood and my DH walked to that same school. The neighborhood isn't right off a "main" road and it is hard to get you sense of direction in the there...very windy roads/blocks, I have always had a hard time driving around in there and I'm great with direction a. Someone would have to know that neighborhood, where the kids walk because it is so set back in that neighborhood.

LE/FBI i gather. From Twitter. From where the backpack was found.

Heard about Jessica's case on websleuth's radio. Haven't had time to read the entire thread yet, and apologize if this has been posted and discussed. Due to the direction of travel where her backpack was found 14 miles away in Superior, CO, weather forecast/conditions, and preserves, State & National Forests nearby.

Superior, CO - Westminister, CO map link
Westminister High School to Superior, CO - Google Maps
Imo, this seems to indicate a probable stranger abduction and all campers, motor homes, and abandon structures in the area should be the focus of the search, imo.

Hunting Season is in and hunters/fishermen, wildlife officials etc., should be alerted for suspicious behavior..

I don't know if you happened to look at a map of the immediate area from where Jessica went missing. She resides in what looks like a congested area. Front yards and drive ways appear to be about a car length deep/long between the front of the house and the street/sidewalk. Sidewalks look more like a wide curb and are alongside the street without any grassy area between the street and sidewalk.
After looking at a map of her neighborhood it's really hard to imagine/envision a stranger abduction.

The homes, yards, cars, sidewalk and street are all so close together it's really appears as if a stranger abduction would have to occur under someone's nose. I could be wrong, but from a map the area she walked looked very tight and she went missing within 3 blocks of her home.

Just some jumbled thinking here, and I could be way off, but could a woman be involved? A woman would attract less attention interacting with a child so could get Jessica into a car very easily. Plus the bag. It wasn't dumped in a bin or thrown in a lake etc. it seems almost placed with care. Like someone is sort of concerned and caring for the child?

Iykwim? Does that make any sense?

I agree that it looks like it's somewhat lighter weight paper than the usual grocery store bag. It also looks like it might be a little taller.

Oh wow. Someone literally set it there to be seen, for sure. There are myriads of other places to get rid of something...

I agree. Like a trashcan. To my knowledge, LE hasn't even searched the dumpsters/landfills/trash in the county/area Jessica went missing from, let alone the dumpsters in a whole 'nother county. If the perp didn't want those items to be seen he/she would have just thrown them away knowing that the trash in that county (or any other county) wouldn't be searched for awhile (if ever).

This perp wanted these items found.

That statement that I quoted from LE about their not being any indication she was abducted has been on the news article since the very first day the news aired it.

IMO, the news put that in the article, on day 1, to not alarm the public/cause panic. Then, with each new update from LE about the search for Jessica they are just adding it at the beginning of that same article (because, literally, the whole article after the first 1-2 paragraphs is the very same, word for word, one from day 1) to update everyone, instead of re-writing a whole article.

So, it probably doesn't mean anything, IMO, but I think it's annoying that they aren't removing that part.

It's almost like, unless there's ransom involved somehow, LE will never come out and say "yep, this child was abducted!".

FWIW, I'm noticing that in a lot of MSM lately. It's kind of like a piling effect. Older no longer relevent info is left in an article and newer info is just added on top with an updated editing time. Drives me batty, but I am slowly becoming used to it. I'll leave it at that because I am too tired to bash MSM tonight and am really trying to catch up on the thread.

Just some jumbled thinking here, and I could be way off, but could a woman be involved? A woman would attract less attention interacting with a child so could get Jessica into a car very easily. Plus the bag. It wasn't dumped in a bin or thrown in a lake etc. it seems almost placed with care. Like someone is sort of concerned and caring for the child?

Iykwim? Does that make any sense?

Makes perfect sense to me. A woman would be more likely to gain Jessica's trust quickly, IMO.

There haven't been many child abductions where women are involved (unless it's their own child they are abducting..) but I think it's important not to rule out women until LE officially does.

Sandra Cantu's case comes to mind (murdered by her Sunday school teacher) and I know there have been others. Rare, but not impossible, IMO.

Have we heard anymore on how long ago the parents divorced? I am just curious because of the custody hearing this past Friday, which to me might indicate that the change in the family dynamics may be recent. I fully understand that the parents and family are victims here, and my heart goes out to them. I just cannot get past the fact that a custody hearing was set for the same day (Friday) as the disappearance. I just want anything at all to hand onto mentally to think this child may be alive and well somewhere. Just praying....

Good point, I wonder if this child knew about the court hearing and got scared and ran away. I ran away as a child after my Father passed away, I was lucky a neighbor saw me. I am praying very hard for this little girl too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopesloth