CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't come across any children who were murdered in the past 7 years or so by a non-family member who body was found, with the murderer still at large...has anyone else? I am sure there are some, but not finding them. Seems like they are usually caught.
I ran into 2 last night, but they are not well known cases (I cannot even remember their names but they were both girls around 12 years old). I think news coverage has a lot to do with it, too.

But as an aside, BTK killed for 30 years before he tripped up (and I personally think he got himself caught on purpose.)

If this guys DNA is not on file, if he is truly a sociopath with no remorse that will not be behaving differently(cause it was just another day), if he just picked Jessica at random because he could, and/or if he was just passing through, it will be very hard to find him without really great evidence.

For what it's worth, I believe you. I haven't gone back to see if part 1 of the memorial is available yet, but that was really odd that it was not up when the other parts were. I didn't watch it, and now I wish I had.

I did not watch it either. I started to watch it but my kids were still up and I knew they would get upset if I got upset so I decided to just read the updates here. Wish I would have watched it though. I can't get any of the parts to work.

OT but reading here today my son came to sit with me. While scrolling through reading my son got the biggest kick out of the member (can not remember the name) who has the pic with the cat wearing headphones so anytime we came across a reply he would laugh. He said I know what song that cat is listening to Home by that guy who everybody says his name two times. ( Phillip Phillips)

I can't add any new theories or ideas to what has already been discussed. It's very possible this news video (link below) has likely been posted/discussed, but I keep re-visiting it... I find the orange paint (markers) on the road interesting (did the perp park across the road and walk over to the fence/culvert?), as well as the blue tarp. (imo: I think the interesting part starts @ approx 1:00).

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/11/video-closer-look-at-arvada-park-where-workers-found-body/

And although I am used to a shooting a few times a week in downtown Denver or Aurora, the events of the last couple weeks are NOT normal.

Multiple attempted child abductions/dismembering cases/five people killed and then bar then property set on fire are not normal.

Exactly. Been here 15 years and honestly, dh & I are wondering what in the world has happened in the last couple of weeks. This is really, really abnormal. I'm just blown away looking at the news right now:what:

Took a cruise out of Charleston last winter! Thought the historic places are beautiful! But anyways, I have been in Denver suburbs for about 10 years. And although I am used to a shooting a few times a week in downtown Denver or Aurora, the events of the last couple weeks are NOT normal.

Multiple attempted child abductions/dismembering cases/five people killed and then bar then property set on fire are not normal.

Charleston is beautiful, but it's not a good place to live, especially if you have kids and not a lot of money. It's one of the places where middle class doesn't exist any longer, and the neighboring town of North Charleston has one of the highest crime rates in the nation. It's literally a five minute drive from that town to charleston and its suburbs; the entire tri-county area can be navigated in an hour. In other words the crime spills into Charleston and blends with it. I lived there from 1988 until this last March.

I believe you about this being abnormal for Denver; we did lots of research before moving and like you said it seems most of the crime occurs in Aurora or Denver proper. I was actually being a bit glib to be honest. I promise we aren't thinking of leaving anytime soon. ;) No matter where you go crime will exist, and Denver is less dangerous than Charleston despite its size. A friend of mine grew up here and also lived in Charleston for a while and has said "I got mugged down in the heart of the Denver ghetto once and I still feel safer walking around the Denver ghetto than I ever did walking down any 'safe' street in Charleston."

Dismemberment can be a forensic counter-measure. People are more aware of leaving evidence. Besides, anything large is easier to move if it can be broken down into smaller parts.

Dismemberment can be a sign of sadism, but it is fairly rare.

You are absolutely right more people are aware about leaving evidence and want to avoid doing so at any cost and will go to any lengths necessary. I cannot imagine how you can carry out dismemberment without leaving some kind of evidence you would have to wear some kind of full body suit to not leave some skin cells or hair. I am praying the perp has done so in this case.

I imagine the tests required to find the evidence take time which law enforcement don't have.

Is there any news on when Jessica's funeral may be? I want to go to my local church and light a candle for her that day.

I don't know whether it's the case in Colorado, but there are places in Wyoming and Montana where you can still see ruts left by the wagon trains coming west in the 1880's. When it's dry, marks can last a long time.

I've seen them! And got out of my car and followed them, sometimes for miles. I found them fascinating.

In those cases, the rut marks survived because the wagons compressed the ground down. The earth in those places had lots of organic matter, which absorbs whatever rain there is. In the winter, the moisture in the ground freezes. Then in the spring, when it warms up again, the soil is nicely loosened and ready to absorb more water.

When the wagons compressed the ground, those areas couldn't absorb rainfall as readily and then they didn't get expanded by ice crystal formation in the winter.

You are absolutely correct that dry areas retain marks longer. On one of those same trips, my geologist friend showed me how footprints in desert areas that were as much as 50 years old had less microbial action than the ground all around them.

So even the slogan "leave only your footprints behind" can mean that you are leaving permanent damage in certain areas.

Exactly. Been here 15 years and honestly, dh & I are wondering what in the world has happened in the last couple of weeks. This is really, really abnormal. I'm just blown away looking at the news right now:what:

Same here but in my opinion it's been going on more than a few weeks in the last year I would say these cases have increased dramatically. I started to notice the increase with the cases of Leiby and Laura Ackerson which are both evil, tragic and very disturbing.

I have yet to hear of a case of dismemberment in the UK in my lifetime but there may be some.

Vegetation that is bent or forced down is what I meant by drag marks!
I think nutkin meant trackers can see things things like bent vegetation, you know when a branch is broken, but not broken off, or grass is freshly bent at the top, but not trampled. So maybe not a drag mark, but maybe a place where someone pushed past vegetation without actually stepping on it.

I ran into 2 last night, but they are not well known cases (I cannot even remember their names but they were both girls around 12 years old). I think news coverage has a lot to do with it, too.

But as an aside, BTK killed for 30 years before he tripped up (and I personally think he got himself caught on purpose.)

If this guys DNA is not on file, if he is truly a sociopath with no remorse that will not be behaving differently(cause it was just another day), if he just picked Jessica at random because he could, and/or if he was just passing through, it will be very hard to find him without really great evidence.

BTK really scared the heck out of me. To think that he was married and his wife had no idea. Had children. Held a job. Was highly involved in his church (deacon? can't remember). And seemed to those who knew him as an average, normal person. SCARY that he could hold this secret for 30 years and fit in normal society. I agree that he eventually got irritated for lack of "acknowledgement" of his crimes so he began taking more chances ie: sending drivers license of past victims to PD, leaving notes, sending letters etc. Thankfully he did as that led to his downfall and incarceration. Who knows how many more he would have killed in his lifetime if he had never been caught!

I've seen them! And got out of my car and followed them, sometimes for miles. I found them fascinating.

In those cases, the rut marks survived because the wagons compressed the ground down. The earth in those places had lots of organic matter, which absorbs whatever rain there is. In the winter, the moisture in the ground freezes. Then in the spring, when it warms up again, the soil is nicely loosened and ready to absorb more water.

When the wagons compressed the ground, those areas couldn't absorb rainfall as readily and then they didn't get expanded by ice crystal formation in the winter.

You are absolutely correct that dry areas retain marks longer. On one of those same trips, my geologist friend showed me how footprints in desert areas that were as much as 50 years old had less microbial action than the ground all around them.

So even the slogan "leave only your footprints behind" can mean that you are leaving permanent damage in certain areas.
Awesome! Science lessons for free! I need to go see those.

So this 24 yr old from Centennial dismembered his mother? That seems to be the implication.

Is there any chance he is our perp?

YES...TODAY IT DOES SEEM EVEN MORE PROBABLE THAT A MESSAGE, TO THE KILLER, WAS SECRETLY INCLUDED INTO THE JESSICA RIDGEWAY LIVESTREAM MEMORIAL VIDEO!!!

...snipped for space......

This 3 songs, favourits of Jessica was also used yesterday but in the now avaible 3 part video of the memorial service they are NOT included!!!

"Don't Stop Believing" - By Glee, cover number of Journey's
"Call Me Maybe" - By Carly Rae Jepsen -
"Instrumental song" (don´t know title or artist)

Now, why is all this so important?

Well IMHO it is VERY important because I belive this indeed support my (and I belive a few others) theorie that the killer, in som way, IS communicating with the police, or someone else.
And if he DO communicate with police/others, that tells us a LOT about what kind of killer he is.
The music is probably not included because they don't have the rights to put those on the internet. I am figuring they would have to pay royalties to the artist for every time it gets played (or negotiate a set price for estimated use).

Just wondering something about Pattridge Park and the old mines there...
Didn't I read that high school kids go there at night ? (to drink beer? and be daring?)

Kids from which high schools?
Maybe the perp had first hand knowledge about that area because he used to go up there himself? And knew that it would be quiet and deserted on a nasty night?
With a fairly low chance of being seen while throwing out a garbage bag there.

There might be some way to look at old year books, eliminate some students, and still be able to check a manageable amount of ex-students? Too many?

Just wondering something about Pattridge Park and the old mines there...
Didn't I read that high school kids go there at night ? (to drink beer? and be daring?)

I swear that site is so creepy looking you couldn't have gotten me to even unlock the car door there in BROAD DAYLIGHT. Even before it was a crime scene.

There's some stuff going on in scanner that could be related to Liggett (guy w/dead mom) and possibly FBI, but so far it's just puzzle-pieces.

Where can I find the scanner thread?

A link please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members