CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda' had a "duh" moment..

"I think everybody needs to be careful. In this case we have what I consider a pretty clear and imminent danger that it could very well happen again," Pence said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...a-Ridgeways-killer-may-have-attended-memorial

They are saying it could happen again and I know some have said they do not think this was the perp's first time.

If it wasn't his first, does LE mean only abduction?

If it wasn't his first, does LE mean "not first abduction with a killing"?

If he is local, I don't recall any post about other missing girls that were killed and not "left intact".

So, is this someone that is recently local or someone that has a job that he travels with or does he travel/vacation in different spots.

There has to be something that points some former LE to think this wasn't "the first".

I hope I make sense.

Yea I wonder about all that too. Obviously it could occur again since the Perp has not been caught yet as far as we know. Also I'm guessing they think it is not this perps first time if they are having trouble finding clues..and as another poster stated maybe the perp left the back pack in the place they did so as to distract or get them off the correct trail to a different area. Obviously some things like this would make you think this wasnt this perps first rodeo. I hope they find something that gives them a clue as to who did this to this little girl. Maybe they left fibre, hair dna in the fence area? IDK but I'm sure they are checking all angles.

A motorhome would really stand out in that neighborhood. The streets are rather small. Killer likely used a non-distinguishable car or truck.

Something I've been wondering. . Sarah that spoke last night has two daughters. One is not school age, but the other is the same age as Jessica.

I wonder why she was not walking with Jessica on the morning she was kidnapped. I guess she could be homeschooled. . . but I've been wondering about that little girls father for some reason.

Don't know how it is today, but when I hit the morning workouts at Ballys', it was alot of pasty, flabby middle-aged males. The very visual stereotype of pedophiles, thanks to that episode of Different Strokes. Your more serious bodybuilder types were there at night.

Officer Sanford Strong was on Oprah talking about this in 1991. I still remember it because it made such an impact on me.

My grandma used to watch us after school and she made us pay attention to any of those protect yourself segments. I know it was Oprah no idea who it was but he gave tips on things like using keys as weapons. Since then that is one thing that I have always carried while walking. They are in my fist and ready. Also said walk like you know where you are going and sure of yourself keep head up but also making it know you are looking at your surroundings.

Have they checked out librarians, library workers? Any military bases around there? Ties to "Andrews" Air base? I am grasping here.

The more I think about this case the more I think it has a lot of similarities to that Sierra Lamar case.. Just saying...

That is a gret thought about analyzing those camera shots for cars. Please do share this tip with LE if you can. I sometimes think they would miss something like this.

This is well thought out plan of action that could really help.

I'm honestly not trying to be rude or argumentative and I'm a firm believer in the public calling in any tips they may have regarding suspicious persons, events or places that may be related to this crime...no matter how insignificant, but I have to say this: There is a huge difference between tips and telling 30+ agencies how to do their job. Those who work in LE are trained to handle this type of situation. They really do know what they are doing and when the public calls to tell them what to do or what to look at, it really ties up precious man hours that could be better devoted to the investigation. This is just my 2 cents and I'm sure there will be many who attempt to argue with me or diminish the job LE has done in past cases but considering the sheer volume of calls this case is receiving, to make another call telling LE what should be done is distracting from the goal, IMO.

Standley Lake Library is within walking distance. And opens at 10 AM IIRC. Likely that a library employee would be noticed in the neighborhood right away.

No military base nearby, but Broomfield mall is quietly accessible through backroads to Superior and Westminster.

Kinda' had a "duh" moment..

"I think everybody needs to be careful. In this case we have what I consider a pretty clear and imminent danger that it could very well happen again," Pence said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...a-Ridgeways-killer-may-have-attended-memorial

They are saying it could happen again and I know some have said they do not think this was the perp's first time.

If it wasn't his first, does LE mean only abduction?

If it wasn't his first, does LE mean "not first abduction with a killing"?

If he is local, I don't recall any post about other missing girls that were killed and not "left intact".

So, is this someone that is recently local or someone that has a job that he travels with or does he travel/vacation in different spots.

There has to be something that points some former LE to think this wasn't "the first".

I hope I make sense.

http://najis.org/2011_Conference_Presentations/NamUs.pdf
FBI VICAP/NAMUS, imo

I'm honestly not trying to be rude or argumentative and I'm a firm believer in the public calling in any tips they may have regarding suspicious persons, events or places that may be related to this crime...no matter how insignificant, but I have to say this: There is a huge difference between tips and telling 30+ agencies how to do their job. Those who work in LE are trained to handle this type of situation. They really do know what they are doing and when the public calls to tell them what to do or what to look at, it really ties up precious man hours that could be better devoted to the investigation. This is just my 2 cents and I'm sure there will be many who attempt to argue with me or diminish the job LE has done in past cases but considering the sheer volume of calls this case is receiving, to make another call telling LE what should be done is distracting from the goal, IMO.

I agree - tips are one thing, telling LE what to do is something altogether different.

I doubt there are any of us on this thread who have posted anything that LE has not already thought of and investigated. JMO

I wonder what's happening with all those DNA swabs done on (or refused by) people in the area. Tick tock.....

Can anyone give me an idea of how many DNA test in the area of Denver can be done per day......I know its a difficult question but the answer will help on the timeline (or how long it will take ) to identify the ...........of course he may not be in the system.....just asking?????????????

GRAPHIC

I wonder if the reason her body was incomplete was because the killer was interrupted? Maybe family came back and he had to stop? Maybe he was able to throw most of it in the trash and later disposed the body by the culvert?

They did not say if they think this is the perp's first murder or kidnapping.

I think they know, first or not, this will happen again since this person has gone this far with a child that is not his own.

They do know a lot more than they are going to ever say.

*slightly graphic*
I was thinking, if there was any dismemberment, it would be wise to look at any driveable area cases where a victim was identified by whatever parts were removed in this one.

I'm sure all the LE sources made available know this though.

As they know to pull any and all traffic cam recordings. That happens all of the time! Ever since traffic cams came into being, and is used as evidence in cases in Courts all over the U.S. Ever notice how in a large city there are a few traffic cams in nicer neighborhoods, and a lot in not so nice neighborhoods?

Concerning your statement on traffic cams, at least in Denver and the surrounding suburbs there are traffic cams at nearly every intersection regardless of the area of town. Drivers around here are very cautious and rarely go over the speed limit - you'd be amazed at how many people ride in the left lane going five to ten miles under the posted limit. The traffic cams are set up to deter people blowing through late yellows or red lights. The majority of Denver locals seem to adhere well to basic traffic safety laws, with very few exceptions. This is coming from a recent transplant to Denver and I drive everywhere around here. I'm very aware of the traffic cams and I've only been here seven months. While there is a good chance the perp was caught on one of the many cameras at an intersection, if he is a local or regularly frequents the area in which Jessica was abducted, he may have known which streets to take so as to avoid that.

They did not say if they think this is the perp's first murder or kidnapping.

I think they know, first or not, this will happen again since this person has gone this far with a child that is not his own.

They do know a lot more than they are going to ever say.

*slightly graphic*
I was thinking, if there was any dismemberment, it would be wise to look at any driveable area cases where a victim was identified by whatever parts were removed in this one.

I'm sure all the LE sources made available know this though.

As they know to pull any and all traffic cam recordings. That happens all of the time! Ever since traffic cams came into being, and is used as evidence in cases in Courts all over the U.S. Ever notice how in a large city there are a few traffic cams in nicer neighborhoods, and a lot in not so nice neighborhoods?

Maybe they should make sure Adam Baker is really in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal