CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL OMgoodnesss here we go again !!!!

I said the same thing!

I think one is for intent to murder and the other is for the murder!

It's just like James Holmes, in CO you can get 2 charges -one "murder with deliberation" and the other killing with "extreme indifference to the value of human life"

It's hard keeping up, so I don't know if this has already been posted, but here is a site with videos under the Dohastvath name, and if you click on them, there is audio narration:

http://www.veengle.com/s/Dohastvath.html

I saw the one called "Something You Should Know" mentioned earlier, and it starts out with the narrator identifying himself as Dohastvath.

ETA: From where do we get the info that Dohastvath is the same as Austin Sigg?

I don't get it either. Two??

Will someone who knows more 'splain please? TIA!

The dual charges — "murder with deliberation" and killing with "extreme indifference to the value of human life" — give the jury a choice of two avenues

Not this game, there's other game sites he was on...

I have a younger kid who I help take care of sometime that is obsessed with it. The part of the game I worry about more than anything is that the controller is about to play God. The gun violence games are bad I agree but a game where people can essentially create and destroy anything at will and on a whim may teach our children or addict them to that feeling.

It's hard keeping up, so I don't know if this has already been posted, but here is a site with videos under the Dohastvath name, and if you click on them, there is audio narration:

http://www.veengle.com/s/Dohastvath.html

I saw the one called "Something You Should Know" mentioned earlier, and it starts out with the narrator identifying himself as Dohastvath.

ETA: From where do we get the info that Dohastvath is the same as Austin Sigg?

Myspace and instagram.

I've been reading as much as I possibly can, but I'm confused re: the link between minecraft and this crime.
My kids and husband play it, and it's one of the "mildest" games out there (that the kids are willing to play lol).

Agh this thread is going faaaast. I haven't even had a chance to look him up on FB or anything. I had a strange feeling last night that he was going to get caught. No idea why but I did. I hope the families are doing well and holding up. A lot more will come to light and I hope there's a great support system in place. They will need it and one another.

I'm wondering if he made the cross in shop class in high school? I took shop for that "easy credit" and just random things. It's possible the cross is a trigger warning for his mom. I don't know everything my kids have in their room but I do have one that hand makes a ton of his clothing along with other stuff, I see that laying around. I notice it.

And for people saying "goth" .. My son has a huge mohawk and looks every bit like a crusty punk. I can't say I look sane myself. We get judged very often and it's crappy. I was a goth in the late 80's early 90's...still am at heart. I would never participate in anything like this ..ever.

This is just a person who did not fit in and sought out subculture to try and blend. Lots of people do it. He obviously had problems relating to people, he chose forensics and cadavers (things that are consistent and undeniable) for a big ole reason. As they say "The only thing in life that's consistent is death". We could speculate all day, but I think his fixation with death and the process of, might have begun innocently and it sparked something inside him. he wanted praise I bet, and if that's the case, maybe he thought making crimes and helping solve them would elevate his status in the community and give him this niche in life. Just guessing but if he was an outcast and longed for placement to be "loved, adored and smart".. this career choice he had in school, makes a lot of sense.

Something is fractured in the home life that sadly manifested into this. JMO

<patpat> Hey, I was goth in the early 70s and you should have seen the reception I got!

I think it's pretty normal for teens to want to both stand out and blend in. Some teens handle it gracefully and some, well, not so gracefully (that would be me).

Interesting to think that his motivation may have been akin to those people who set fires in order to get praise for alerting the fire department or for actually putting the fire out.

The dual charges — "murder with deliberation" and killing with "extreme indifference to the value of human life" — give the jury a choice of two avenues

And they are both first degree?

Yes the sanpaku eyes(meaning "three whites" of the eye are visible) was the very first thing I noticed when seeing his picture posted here..

While it is a very interesting and noticeable trait that you can trace back as being a characteristic to a good many of the heinous criminals throughout history...but since first learning of it I became aware and noticed it in a fairly large percentage of human beings in general(even many celebrities) to which the vast majority appear to be normal mentally stable, functioning members of society..

Therefor I cant believe in reality that the sanpaku eyes themselves truly have any particular meaning other than exactly what the term stands for in it being an individual who has three rather than two white parts of the eye that are visible..

So I broke up his name Dohastvath "Do Hast Vath" and then I went "oh wait.." and changed it to German "Du Hast Vath". I sometimes live in Berlin and immediately recognized it. This is also "Du Hast" a Rammstein song. It means you have or you hate. (vath isn't a word but I'm looking to see if I can change a letter out).

Du Hast by Rammstein also occurred to me, but didn't want to say anything. Having outed my goth/alterna tendencies, I didn't also want to come out as someone who sometimes listens to Rammstein lol :innocent:

I have a younger kid who I help take care of sometime that is obsessed with it. The part of the game I worry about more than anything is that the controller is about to play God. The gun violence games are bad I agree but a game where people can essentially create and destroy anything at will and on a whim may teach our children or addict them to that feeling.

The game honestly reminds me and dh of legos. You mine for resources, and you build stuff. Kids have been building and "destroying" stuff for centuries....

I know who MM is and that was on WS Radio this week...what's the issue? He was a local who shared insights.

EXACTLY! Thank you!

MOD WARNING:

Any further discussion of ANY member here is going to result is a loss of posting privileges for a week.

This hysteria and WILD speculation is utterly ridiculous and RUDE. I've watched perfectly innocent people, (members in good standing here!) be alluded to (sometimes outright, other times more thinly veiled) as a possible perp for weeks now and hoped folks would calm down.

Patience is officially gone. There is little I feel so strongly about as this.

STOP IT NOW. Zero tolerance.

I just thought of an unlikely new avenue to explore.

Mom said that she was talking to different schools about starting new classes, and they were calling her a lot before that Friday morning. And that's why she put the phone somewhere where she would not hear it while she was sleeping.

IF
-one of these schools was a scam
-someone was calling her to learn more about her habits
-the scam person obtained access to her SSN, and her address, and photos of her home, family
-the scammer knew she was getting annoyed with all the calls and would likely be unavailable for a few hours that morning.

I know, lots of ifs, and very unlikely, but just another path to explore.
wow! Great news of the arrest, Peeps!

today I am starting from,beginning of this thread... Have been following though from day 1...Came across this post... And wonder if Jessica's mom and perp could,have crossed paths at the college...

Probably not... If he may already have graduated...mand she hadn't started attending,yet...

But this post made me think!

Sorry for ipadisms... I have given up fighting my iPad... I need to choose my battles! :floorlaugh:

I always had the feeling that it was someone who lives close to Jessica but I was shocked when I saw the news this morning and read that it was a 17 year old. At first I thought I was reading something wrong and the article was about Sumner.
Dohastvath = Du hast was?

I've been reading as much as I possibly can, but I'm confused re: the link between minecraft and this crime.
My kids and husband play it, and it's one of the "mildest" games out there (that the kids are willing to play lol).

I don't think there is a real connection. I think it's just showing that he happened to play the game. There isn't anything in the game that is violent. It's like lego's as someone as described.

Yes the sanpaku eyes(meaning "three whites" of the eye are visible) was the very first thing I noticed when seeing his picture posted here..

While it is a very interesting and noticeable trait that you can trace back as being a characteristic to a good many of the heinous criminals throughout history...but since first learning of it I became aware and noticed it in a fairly large percentage of human beings in general(even many celebrities) to which the vast majority appear to be normal mentally stable, functioning members of society..

Therefor I cant believe in reality that the sanpaku eyes themselves truly have any particular meaning other than exactly what the term stands for in it being an individual who has three rather than two white parts of the eye that are visible..

I think it's fascinating but I don't know much about the theory. He looks like his chin of course is pointed down and he's glaring. I guess I expected a remorseful face if he confided to his mother. It looks like anything but. A shift in character when you view his other photos.

I just want to reiterate. If a perp is posting here, chances are, LE wants them to keep posting. I cringed every time someone mentioned how skeeved out they were about certain posters. If they are here, you don't want to scare them off. It could be LEs best lead about someone. And insinuating that someone is the perp is RUDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637