CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I think the immediate effect of chloroform is an urban myth - a very very old urban myth.

In this article, "The Criminal Use of Chloroform" a 1865 article from "Lancet" is cited "that with utmost resignation and good will some 5 min or more was requisite to produce anaesthesia" - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2044.1998.528-az0572.x/pdf

IMO only...
Its hard to find, but I tried searching for reliable sites about its effects, and found some that seem to indicate an instantaneous reaction so long as the vapor inhaled is concentrated enough. Even that spot in the article you mentioned goes on to state immediate reaction of a drunk person right under the spot you quoted.

I think it probably depends on concentration. Some articles mentioned the immediate effect causes disorientation, nausea, etc, and not necessarily total knockout. Maybe a total knockout takes a little longer.

Hoorayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Just received the news from my sister via phone!!!!!!

Much happy dancing being done in Nova Scotia Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Dear Darling Jessica therewill be justice for you .... RIP beautiful girl!!!!!

OMG!!! I log off for a second and look what happens! I am so frickin happy & excited! I knew it was coming soon.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone find out any info on who it could be due to jail records, etc??

Nevermind, they just said he hasn't been booked yet.

No records yet ... it's assumed that he's still being interviewed.

Based on news release

Lived in J's neighborhood
Call last night led 'em to house
Connected to Ketner Lake

Yay for whomever made the call that let LE get the break to arrest this guy!!

ME TOO!!

This really is a beautiful state and I've never, ever felt unsafe. This case has really rocked all of us and I can't wait to feel like I can run, walk my dog, and embrace my community again!

I agree. I just told hubby last night I didnt feel safe hiking alone anymore. And I HATE that it was taken away from me because of fear.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, this is a beautiful day indeed!!! God, you are GOOD!!

I'm so happy to know that Jessica and her family may get justice now and with that a small measure of peace. She deserved better but justice is the best we can hope for now and that this monster did not harm anyone else in the mean time.

Tears of joy!!!! JUSTICE FOR JESSICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broadcaster said LE got a call last night leading them to the home... ?

Over 4,000 tips came in to police in the course of this investigation.

According to reporters, LE got a call last night that led them to the house, and this case is connected to an earlier attempted abduction.

Does the local jail have it where we can look up inmates online? Does anyone know?

Thank YOU person who called this monster in! THANK YOU!

Please someone transcribe th presser ... As usual I have to run out right when big news breaks! :banghead:

thank all things holy for that one tip that led to this monster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kch52285