CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a question to those who have followed more of these than I have...what are we thinking about them releasing his picture before he had his first court appearance? He is still a minor and they don't usually do this (or release names), right? If his parent/guardian gave it the OK, then is that why they could release it?

I'm so worried about a trial here and hope MSM isn't just dragging this through the mud.

I'm glad they did since they want the public to come forward in case he was involved in the other abduction attempts.

Yes... I remember a neighbor boy who kept his extracted tonsils in a jar of formaldehyde to take out and make people go "ewwww"...

I am kind of picturing the same thing with AS. (Putting remains in jars of formaldehyde, that is.)

JMO

As disturbing as this thought is, I would not be one bit surprised if you are correct.
We had a friend what served in Vietnam. He told us he had someone's ears from the war saved in a jar in formaldehyde. I never knew whether or not to believe his story but knew that they could be preserved in formaldehyde.
AS probably had access to this.
Imo

I work with Autistic children quite a bit and many replay conversations in their head or speak out things they saw on TV. I had one speak out part of a TV show she had watched. It was like she was watching it but she was giving the audio to it.

So it's not really rehearsing what they are going to say but stating other peoples words or whatthey are seeing in their head.

Yeah, repeating dialogue from a television show is an example of delayed echolalia. I think it's different than just talking to oneself using unique utterances - it's more like following a script, you know? Lots of people talk to themselves but don't demonstrate echolalia or palilalia. Self-talk may not indicate a problem, but in my experience, scripted language indicates that further evaluation is warranted.

I guess I'm saying that AS might have talked to himself and while his peers might have found it unusual, it isn't necessarily indicative that he has an autism spectrum disorder, simply because the kind of self-talk usually present in patients diagnosed with ASD is very unique.

But, it is less creepy than if he came from a functional, healthy, peaceful home and suddenly was some out-of-nowhere "bad seed". JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, because I truly believe that some people are just wired wrong and do bad things.

Yes I saw that. Rather disturbing but IMO not surprising. Usually ( but not in every case) the abduction of a child involves sexual assault. Seems like this guy might have been a bit obsessed with death too. It all seems pretty creepy. I have a feeling her murder was not for the exclusive purpose of covering up his crimes, but rather his ultimate intent. 3 things (IMO) abduct, sexually assault, murder. 111.
Imo

I agree

Yeah, repeating dialogue from a television show is an example of delayed echolalia. I think it's different than just talking to oneself using unique utterances - it's more like following a script, you know? Lots of people talk to themselves but don't demonstrate echolalia or palilalia. Self-talk may not indicate a problem, but in my experience, scripted language indicates that further evaluation is warranted.

I guess I'm saying that AS might have talked to himself and while his peers might have found it unusual, it isn't necessarily indicative that he has an autism spectrum disorder, simply because the kind of self-talk usually present in patients diagnosed with ASD is very unique.

I agree completely, wasn't saying that just wanted to disagree that self talk is only schizephrenia. Asperger's is a possibility though with the social awkwardness and they often talk take part in self talk also.

I don't know enough about mental health issues to comment on what diagnosis may or may not apply to AS.

It is my non-medical judgment that something is seriously wrong with that boy/man.

So far MSM is reporting AS saw Jessica, turned his car around and grabbed her. I don't think anyone has reported that he lured her in any way, just that he grabbed her. Then he hogtied her. I feel that he may have used chloroform on Jessica as he pulled her into the vehicle. It seems to me trying to hogtie a girl of Jessica's age might not be easy if she was fighting in any way. But if she were knocked out, the job would be easier. JMO.

It also appears from MSM that AS strangled Jessica shortly after grabbing her. I don't know if this happened before or after the hogtying. If anyone has a link to that into, I'd appreciate it if you would post it. TIA

Where did the dismemberment take place? I read somewhere today that a property owned by AS's dad was being searched. But I don't know if that was in MSM or another source.

I'm trying to gather my thoughts in light of this unfolding story, and I find I'm having a little difficulty telling facts from rumor right now.
My non-professional diagnosis is he is a sick *advertiser censored**.

Kdvr reports on its website that AS had been in treatment at age 15 for a *advertiser censored* addiction.

They also said he went on a vacation w his family to the Virgin Islands shortly after the May attack, staying at a luxury resort.

What?.. Has someone been dead set that this individual had internet *advertiser censored* issues?..someone here or under news articles?..

Guess if we learn the *advertiser censored* addiction info is legit whoever has been convinced internet *advertiser censored* somehow was involved with this guy i guess they would be saying, "see.."..wonder what made someone so certain about it, like was this possibly a known issue for this guy and as is the usual word gets around...

My non-professional diagnosis is he is a sick *advertiser censored**.

You got it in one. I rarely post but have been following this case from the beginning. I can only imagine the horrid details that are going to come out in the following days! RIP sweet Jessica.

Kdvr reports on its website that AS had been in treatment at age 15 for a *advertiser censored* addiction.

They also said he went on a vacation w his family to the Virgin Islands shortly after the May attack, staying at a luxury resort.

What 15 year old boy with an internet doesn't have *advertiser censored* addiction?

Not making light of it but what one may constitute an addiction another may think of as normal behavior of a boy who probably doesn't have many of those type of encounters with girls.

I bet any lawyer who represents him is going to ask to have the trial moved. The way this story has gone worldwide though, he may have trouble finding a place where people don't know about it.

You can still serve on a jury even if you've heard of a case. It'll be a couple of years before the case goes to trial. I honestly don't think there will be much media coverage after this week outside of Denver. If they have to, they can move it to Colorado Springs. Samantha Runnion's case generated a similar outrage in her county, but her trial wasn't moved.

I agree completely, wasn't saying that just wanted to disagree that self talk is only schizephrenia. Asperger's is a possibility though with the social awkwardness and they often talk take part in self talk also.

LOL I think we're saying the same thing about the self-talk. :rocker:

As far as the social awkwardness goes, maybe his peers didn't get along with him because he's strange, not because he has a social impairment due to Asperger syndrome. I'm hesitant to toss around the "autism spectrum disorder" phrase in this situation because there is just so little information, and as I mentioned in my first post on the topic, I think it does a disservice to people with diagnosed ASDs to slap an "autism" label on anyone who presents as socially atypical or doesn't have many friends. I think doing so leads people to think that "autistic" means "weird and friendless" and "weird and friendless" means "autistic," you know? Since you work with children who have autism spectrum disorders, you probably understand how much social difficulty they have even without being automatically lumped in with everyone who has ever done anything beyond the boundaries of what is socially acceptable, as this suspect has.

I wouldn't be surprised if the suspect in this case were just antisocial (in the clinical sense, not the idiomatic sense) or strange rather than autistic.

(Anyway, obviously I like talking about this kind of thing so please forgive my wordiness!)

LOL I think we're saying the same thing about the self-talk. :rocker:

As far as the social awkwardness goes, maybe his peers didn't get along with him because he's strange, not because he has a social impairment due to Asperger syndrome. I'm hesitant to toss around the "autism spectrum disorder" phrase in this situation because there is just so little information, and as I mentioned in my first post on the topic, I think it does a disservice to people with diagnosed ASDs to slap an "autism" label on anyone who presents as socially atypical or doesn't have many friends. I think doing so leads people to think that "autistic" means "weird and friendless" and "weird and friendless" means "autistic," you know? Since you work with children who have autism spectrum disorders, you probably understand how much social difficulty they have even without being automatically lumped in with everyone who has ever done anything beyond the boundaries of what is socially acceptable, as this suspect has.

I wouldn't be surprised if the suspect in this case were just antisocial (in the clinical sense, not the idiomatic sense) or strange rather than autistic.

(Anyway, obviously I like talking about this kind of thing so please forgive my wordiness!)

True but knowing kids a lot think that those that demonstrate autistic or Asperger's are "strange".

I'm not saying I think he has it just that when a classmate said someone is strange and talking to themselves they may not be able to differentiate normal autistic behavior or someone who actually is strange.

What 15 year old boy with an internet doesn't have *advertiser censored* addiction?

Not making light of it but what one may constitute an addiction another may think of as normal behavior of a boy who probably doesn't have many of those type of encounters with girls.

True most if not all boys that age like *advertiser censored* but if someone is obsessed w it where it starts to interfere w studies, socializing, etc that is a problem. Also *advertiser censored* that is very violent, etc could be troublesome. There is a whole spectrum to this...

Plus we don't know if he had a juvie record. Perhaps he acted out some way and the *advertiser censored* counseling is somehow related to that...

What?.. Has someone been dead set that this individual had internet *advertiser censored* issues?..someone here or under news articles?..

Guess if we learn the *advertiser censored* addiction info is legit whoever has been convinced internet *advertiser censored* somehow was involved with this guy i guess they would be saying, "see.."..wonder what made someone so certain about it, like was this possibly a known issue for this guy and as is the usual word gets around...

Yes, there has been a persistant poster focusing on *advertiser censored* being involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX