CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
AmyC7547

is this a area for loiterers ? Tia

more pics here > http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19095539

skvmh0.jpg

I personally don't think he was that into embalming. I think he went into that field to be closer to death and dismemberment. I don't think he got into dismemberment b/c he loves embalming, but rather the opposite.
Aaah, yes, the old chicken/egg thingy.

BBM - I couldn't agree w/you more! And, taking your thoughts a step further, IMHO, this little sawed-off, under-achieving twit is going to learn some new words before "his" trial is over... e.g. necrophilia

AmyC7547

is this a area for loiterers ? Tia

more pics here > http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19095539

skvmh0.jpg

The building circled in that photo no longer exists. You also have the pin for where Jessica's body was found in the wrong location.
Here is a view from the ridge to the South showing the area where that building used to be.
picture.php

The shack the arrow points to is still there, but is very small.
picture.php

I haven't seen this discussed, but if it has been asked and answered I am sorry for the repeat. I wondered if there is an attorney on the thread that can answer a question for me? In the charging documents the second one pertaining to the jogger at Ketner Lake, the wording sounds to me as if there was a lot more contact with her than just placing the rag over her face.

I have tried to copy and past the exact charge but it isn't working for me. Below is the verbiage that bothers me. He would of had to do more than the cloth/rag over her face to be charged with this. Something that was sexual in nature had to have occurred otherwise it could have just been a robbery.

'Did try to inflict sexaul intrusion or sexual penetration on Ketner Reservoir jogger'.

Does this make any sense. Maybe that is where the dna came from. jmo tia

I'll go back and look when I get back to my computer. I don't believe it was Ketner Lake but I suppose it's possible.

Boulder Co is about 5 miles from Superior Co. where he placed Jessica's backpack. It is on the same diagonal Hwy 36 Not far from Westminster either and again accessable from Hwy 36 Like a big circle.

Approximate coordinates of where the body of Jessica was found.
39°50'48.68"N
105°12'33.40"W

2yyz2wi.jpg

I haven't seen this discussed, but if it has been asked and answered I am sorry for the repeat. I wondered if there is an attorney on the thread that can answer a question for me? In the charging documents the second one pertaining to the jogger at Ketner Lake, the wording sounds to me as if there was a lot more contact with her than just placing the rag over her face.

I have tried to copy and past the exact charge but it isn't working for me. Below is the verbiage that bothers me. He would of had to do more than the cloth/rag over her face to be charged with this. Something that was sexual in nature had to have occurred otherwise it could have just been a robbery.

'Did try to inflict sexaul intrusion or sexual penetration on Ketner Reservoir jogger'.

I thought about this too, but it could be that he said something in the confession that revealed his intentions to sexually assault the jogger. That's just my opinion.

Very interesting post! Makes me think that they are still searching for parts of Jessica or maybe this goes WAAAY deeper than any of us imagined? Wonder if they are following up on his complete confession?

I have to give it to LE there in CO, they sure know how to play this one very close to the vest.

I agree! I sure wish I knew what they were looking for.... :(

Since they were using metal detectors, my guess is they were searching for Spanish doubloons.

I hate to say this but he may have surgical tools.
Wasn't it rumored that her little clothes were neatly folded in her backpack?
Did he do that?
If so then he does not like messes.
He may have some stuff right in the home, telling mom he needed
certain things for school projects????

This makes a lot of sense to me, passion. I think he may have been able to "borrow" some tools from school, possibly at first just to have for his own, or possibly, making unthinkable plans. Was he thinking about dissection, as is done by 1st year med students? An autopsy? Or just a body to (this will be an awful word) "play with" or one to possess thereby making it an action of total control? This was Bundy's thing -- control -- which meant to him, at first, abduction & rape; then abduction, rape & murder; then abduction, rape, murder, and necrophilia -- thus showing ultimate control & that the "relationship" was entirely on his own terms...

I do think that his prime motivation was a sexual one, however. And he prolly thought a child would be much easier to abduct, since one adult abduction had been an epic fail. Why not try working up from a child to and adult, perhaps.

As you do, I think he would have been very neat with what he was doing -- as one would be if doing an autopsy or embalming. To practice what he could not in class.

If so, then he would have known that he couldn't keep a body too long for several reasons -- getting caught & condition of the body.

When he placed the bagged body parts in the field, either he was rushed and could not complete hiding the body in a less conspicuous place -- he may have gotten scared for some reason and just hid her body in a rush... or perhaps he wanted to have her body found (?).

icon5.gif
And will we ever know
icon5.gif

Hiya! I'm NOT an attorney - but I am a paralegal here in Chicago. I obviously cannot speak to the specificity of the law in Colorado, but I can say, speaking as to your question (...'something that was sexual in nature had to have occurred otherwise it could have just been a robbery') - here's the relevant statute (IMO) below: And a bit of an explanation thereof.

STATUTE:
A person commits criminal attempt if, acting with the kind of culpability otherwise required for commission of an offense, he engages in conduct constituting a substantial step toward the commission of the offense. A substantial step is any conduct, whether act, omission, or possession, which is strongly corroborative of the firmness of the actor's purpose to complete the commission of the offense. Factual or legal impossibility of committing the offense is not a defense if the offense could have been committed had the attendant circumstances been as the actor believed them to be, nor is it a defense that the crime attempted was actually perpetrated by the accused.

IMO: The reasoning behind the attempted sexual assault charge is that he engaged in conduct that was a 'substantial step toward' the assault. What precisely that was, of course, is open to interpretation - although I think his (potential) attempt to remove clothes/grab at her/sexual comments made/etc would fall into this category easily.

I wonder if AS claims to have ditched the murder weapon or dismemberment tool(s) in the marsh or somewhere inn or around Kentner lake. Might explain searches reported with metal detectors.

Ooh I wasn't thinking of tools or weapons ...( I was thinking of maybe his clothes?) but tools would be important for the case also.

Good thinking tlcox!

Hiya! I'm NOT an attorney - but I am a paralegal here in Chicago. I obviously cannot speak to the specificity of the law in Colorado, but I can say, speaking as to your question (...'something that was sexual in nature had to have occurred otherwise it could have just been a robbery') - here's the relevant statute (IMO) below: And a bit of an explanation thereof.

STATUTE:
A person commits criminal attempt if, acting with the kind of culpability otherwise required for commission of an offense, he engages in conduct constituting a substantial step toward the commission of the offense. A substantial step is any conduct, whether act, omission, or possession, which is strongly corroborative of the firmness of the actor's purpose to complete the commission of the offense. Factual or legal impossibility of committing the offense is not a defense if the offense could have been committed had the attendant circumstances been as the actor believed them to be, nor is it a defense that the crime attempted was actually perpetrated by the accused.

IMO: The reasoning behind the attempted sexual assault charge is that he engaged in conduct that was a 'substantial step toward' the assault. What precisely that was, of course, is open to interpretation - although I think his (potential) attempt to remove clothes/grab at her/sexual comments made/etc would fall into this category easily.

Thanks for your explanation. I guess I was confused wondering why they didn't say 'attempted rape'. In my mind I can see him perhaps dragging her to the ground, being on top of her and maybe he had an early emmision. Sorry for being graphic. Thus the dna.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. thanks again. jmo

!
That is right ba ck
yard so to speak!

It really is! I never checked the relationship between the lake and AS's house.

No wonder LE is still searching the lake....

Also, the very 1st structure just east of the lake is the middle school where AS attended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member