CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
KaaBoom, I appreciate your reply... I really do. And your thoughts may very well be right! (This "exhaust hole" in a garage door is totally new to me so I've never questioned pro. mechanics abt the safety concerns I'm now having... particularly the idea that AS or any non-pro. would be using this in their homes!)

BBM - To All: What I'm picturing though is that since the garage interior is well above freezing, all the mechanic has to do is start the engine while garage door is opening and/or soon thereafter. Since the temp of the car engine is above freezing to begin with, then the opening of the garage door which lets in below freezing temperature would not immediately, IMO, freeze the car engine nor the mechanic. Since, IMO, a running car engine puts out it's own heat, the mechanic could even take it on a test drive. IDK...

And, of course, if trying to test start the car fails (or the engine produces the same annoying problems as before), then the mechanic simply closes the garage door, grabs a cup of hot coffee, etc., etc.... :)

Respectfully and without snark, several posters here including me have posted that we have direct personal knowledge of how experienced mechanics work in a climate with extremes in winter temperatures.

I don't think the safety or danger of the procedure is in question; it's whether or not an experienced but not professional mechanic might have an exhaust vent in the garage door to facilitate working on a vehicle in winter temps. Such vents are easily available on the retail market. Here's the first such example I found via google:

http://ddmgaragedoors.com/parts/exhaust_ports.html

Clearly this practice exceeds your own safety standards and that's fine. The facts are that this practice is widespread and not considered particularly dangerous by many other people and so may well be found on a garage door in a residential area house.

Coffee makes the hands shake. Beer is the standard beverage in the private Iowa garages I have been in!

Several posters have brought up the idea that the remains would have been creating a lot of decomposition odour that would inevitably be detected within the home.

I just remembered a case from Iowa in the 1980s where a 14 year old boy disappeared. He was missing for close to a year when his family discovered his remains in a part of the basement that had been closed off. He had made a small concealed door into the closed off area and used it as his secret room to hide things he didn't want his parents to know about such as *advertiser censored*. He had apparently been experimenting with autoerotic asphyxiation and died by accident.

The house had been searched several times by LE and no one had realised that there was a portion of the basement that was closed off.

In the time his remains were in the closed off portion of the basement, there was no odour of decomposition detected by the family or by the many LE officers who had been in the house.

I think that it is possible that the crawl space in Sigg's home was designed for adequate air flow to keep moisture from building up and becoming a mould hazard. That same ventilation system would tend to carry any decomposition odour away from the residence, making it undetectable to the residents.

The attempt on the boy was near Church Ranch Road and the Boulder Turnpike, so 3-4 miles away from Ketner Lake.

There seems to be a wisp of hysteria of sorts in trying to link AS to any and all unusual missing persons cases in Colorado. Is it because we want him to be as anomalously and shockingly evil as possible to make this case somehow more palatable? <snipped by me>.

THANK you for saying that.

I haven't seen this discussed, but if it has been asked and answered I am sorry for the repeat. I wondered if there is an attorney on the thread that can answer a question for me? In the charging documents the second one pertaining to the jogger at Ketner Lake, the wording sounds to me as if there was a lot more contact with her than just placing the rag over her face.

I have tried to copy and past the exact charge but it isn't working for me. Below is the verbiage that bothers me. He would of had to do more than the cloth/rag over her face to be charged with this. Something that was sexual in nature had to have occurred otherwise it could have just been a robbery.

'Did try to inflict sexaul intrusion or sexual penetration on Ketner Reservoir jogger'.

Does this make any sense. Maybe that is where the dna came from. jmo tia

The charge could have been based on information from his confession.

Re the discussion about the possible opening in AS's garage door: IMO looks very much like some cat doors I have seen when I was doing research to find one for my cat. We know the Siggs had a cat, based on neighbor's statements. We also know the cat roamed the neighborhood, based on those statements. Here is a link to a picture of one at Petsmart that appears similar to the one on the Sigg's garage door:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12294692&f=PAD/psNotAvailInUS/No

I suspect if something this terrible ever did happen in Aus, the juvenile concerned would likely be treated as "sick" rather than "evil".

I imagine he'd be shoved in some mental hospital for a while, probably back out walking the streets in 20 years.

Or maybe not. I honestly don't know, I'm racking my brains for a nasty juvenile crime and can't think of one.

:dunno:

20 year old murderer, Adelaide:

"Jason Downie’s triple murder of Andrew and Rose Rowe, and their daughter Chantelle, all of whom he stabbed inside their home, was motivated by an unrequited sexual infatuation with the 16-year-old daughter.

Chantelle was also sexually assaulted as she was being murdered."

http://www.tntdownunder.com/news/au...ion-lead-to-triple-murder-hear-adelaide-court

Here's another case - one that no one could forget. The murderer was born in 1979, and the murders started in 1992. They continued until 1999.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Spyridon_Vlassakis[/ame]
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowtown_murders"]Snowtown murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Respectfully and without snark, several posters here including me have posted that we have direct personal knowledge of how experienced mechanics work in a climate with extremes in winter temperatures.

I don't think the safety or danger of the procedure is in question; it's whether or not an experienced but not professional mechanic might have an exhaust vent in the garage door to facilitate working on a vehicle in winter temps. Such vents are easily available on the retail market. Here's the first such example I found via google:

http://ddmgaragedoors.com/parts/exhaust_ports.html

Clearly this practice exceeds your own safety standards and that's fine. The facts are that this practice is widespread and not considered particularly dangerous by many other people and so may well be found on a garage door in a residential area house.

Coffee makes the hands shake. Beer is the standard beverage in the private Iowa garages I have been in!

Is the idea that even though Austin and his brother were under 5 years of age, the house/yard were undergoing extensive renovations (1998), divorce was pending (finalized 2001), and domestic violence was an issue (2001, 2003), the attached garage was used for tinkering with gokarts during the winters of 1996 - 2001 ... and the family cars were parked outside in the snow?

"When I work in the garage, I keep all the doors open. Is that okay?

No. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) ran a 5.5 horsepower gasoline-powered pressure washer in a double garage with both doors open, the window open, and a vent open. In only 12 minutes CO concentrations in the garage rose to 658 parts per million (ppm). The rate of emission from a typical gasoline engine is so large (30,000 to 100,000 ppm) that it is very difficult to provide sufficient ventilation. NIOSH warns, &#8220;Do not use equipment and tools powered by gasoline engines inside buildings&#8230;&#8221;

T.H. Greiner, Ph.D., P.E.
Extension Agricultural Engineer

"The Iowa Cooperative Extension Service&#8217;s programs and policies are consistent with pertinent federal and state laws and regulations"

http://www.abe.iastate.edu/extension-and-outreach/carbon-monoxide-poisoning-ventilation-aen-209/

IMO I think he is a seasoned preditor. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them link up and charge ARS with other sexual attacks (IE Boulder). Wasn't there a younger boy that a man tried to choke at Ketner Lake and the sisters scared him away? I'll try to link.

During the search for Jessica's killer, LE admitted they had DNA from the attempt on the jogger Memorial Day. (I think she scratched AS and they got his skin from under her nails. MOO!)

The Boulder rape was successful in June - just one month later - and done at weapon point. They got DNA from that. IMO, if the DNA matched the attempt from Memorial Day, it would have been all over the news then that they were looking for a potential serial rapist. I don't think LE would have let it slide until Jessica disappeared if there had been a DNA match. MOO...JMO...IMHO

Is the idea that even though Austin and his brother were under 5 years of age, the house/yard were undergoing extensive renovations (1998), divorce was pending (finalized 2001), and domestic violence was an issue (2001, 2003), the attached garage was used for tinkering with gokarts during the winters of 1996 - 2001 ... and the family cars were parked outside in the snow?

SBM

As I recall, it was a double garage.

My thought was not that Sigg's father was tinkering with go-karts when Sigg was a tiny child but that as Sigg grew older, that was an activity the two of them shared (as evidenced by the video). At that point, it would make sense to have somewhere they could work on go-karts together and, with the way tool creep happens, they probably worked on the go-karts at both houses.

Since I have read almost nothing about the relationship of the parents except for his father's acknowledgement of his mother's courage, I see no reason to assume they were so unfriendly that his father would not be welcome to visit his children at their home as well as in his own home.

ETA:
2. Vent combustion products outdoors.

http://www.abe.iastate.edu/extension-and-outreach/carbon-monoxide-poisoning-ventilation-aen-209/

SBM

As I recall, it was a double garage.

My thought was not that Sigg's father was tinkering with go-karts when Sigg was a tiny child but that as Sigg grew older, that was an activity the two of them shared (as evidenced by the video). At that point, it would make sense to have somewhere they could work on go-karts together and, with the way tool creep happens, they probably worked on the go-karts at both houses.

Since I have read almost nothing about the relationship of the parents except for his father's acknowledgement of his mother's courage, I see no reason to assume they were so unfriendly that his father would not be welcome to visit his children at their home as well as in his own home.

The divorce was finalized in 2001, when Austin would have been 6 years old. Divorce that includes property and children often takes 2 years to complete, so I would guess that the divorce proceedings began 1999, when Austin was 4 years old. There were restraining orders based on domestic violence in 2001 and 2003, so I think it's highly unlikely that Austin's father was using the attached garage for working on his gokarts.

I don't think a marriage can be any more "unfriendly" than domestic violence and restraining orders:

"Parker police arrested him for domestic violence and driving under the influence of drugs. We have also confirmed, Robert Sigg and Austin’s mother, Mindy Sigg divorced in 2001. Robert Sigg’s common law wife filed restraining orders against him in 2001 and 2003 for domestic violence."

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/ridgeway-murder-suspect-austin-siggs-father-no-stranger-to-police/

A little light reading on sociopathy, which I feel may apply to AS...

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

NOTE: In the 1830's this disorder was called "moral insanity." By 1900 it was changed to "psychopathic personality." More recently it has been termed "antisocial personality disorder" in the DSM-III and DSM-IV. Some critics have complained that, in the attempt to rely only on 'objective' criteria, the DSM has broadened the concept to include too many individuals. The APD category includes people who commit illegal, immoral or self-serving acts for a variety of reasons and are not necessarily psychopaths.i

http://m.naturalnews.com/news/036112_sociopaths_cults_influence.html

10 signs for spotting a sociopath

#1) Sociopaths are charming. Sociopaths have high charisma and tend to attract a following just because people want to be around them. They have a "glow" about them that attracts people who typically seek guidance or direction. They often appear to be sexy or have a strong sexual attraction. Not all sexy people are sociopaths, obviously, but watch out for over-the-top sexual appetites and weird fetishes.

#2) Sociopaths are more spontaneous and intense than other people. They tend to do bizarre, sometimes erratic things that most regular people wouldn't do. They are unbound by normal social contracts. Their behavior often seems irrational or extremely risky.

#3) Sociopaths are incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. Their brains simply lack the circuitry to process such emotions. This allows them to betray people, threaten people or harm people without giving it a second thought. They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others.

#4) Sociopaths invent outrageous lies about their experiences. They wildly exaggerate things to the point of absurdity, but when they describe it to you in a storytelling format, for some reason it sounds believable at the time.

#5) Sociopaths seek to dominate others and "win" at all costs. They hate to lose any argument or fight and will viciously defend their web of lies, even to the point of logical absurdity.

#6) Sociopaths tend to be highly intelligent, but they use their brainpower to deceive others rather than empower them. Their high IQs often makes them dangerous. This is why many of the best-known serial killers who successfully evaded law enforcement were sociopaths.

#7) Sociopaths are incapable of love and are entirely self-serving. They may feign love or compassion in order to get what they want, but they don't actually FEEL love in the way that you or I do.

#8) Sociopaths speak poetically. They are master wordsmiths, able to deliver a running "stream of consciousness" monologue that is both intriguing and hypnotic. They are expert storytellers and even poets. As a great example of this in action, watch this interview of Charles Manson: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIfGj_55FHI"]Charles Manson Speaks - YouTube[/ame]

#9) Sociopaths never apologize. They are never wrong. They never feel guilt. They can never apologize. Even if shown proof that they were wrong, they will refuse to apologize and instead go on the attack.

#10) Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth merely because they say it! Charles Manson, the sociopathic murderer, is famous for saying, "I've never killed anyone! I don't need to kill anyone! I THINK it! I have it HERE! (Pointing to his temple.) I don't need to live in this physical realm..."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/25/classmates-describe-austin-sigg-as-smart-strange/

His classmates describe him as very smart but also a little strange.

<snip>

“Austin’s just a sweet guy, he’s very nice and he’s very smart,” said former classmate EP..

Others said he was always engaged in class.

<snip>

Some classmates noticed something a little extreme in Sigg’s fascination with death.

“He was so infatuated with the idea of death. That’s just the feeling I got,” said classmate

<snip>

There was always something wrong with him. He was always one of the kids in the class who was really smart, but he would be by himself,” <said another>

<snip>

Arapahoe Community College classmate HB described Sigg’s interests as morbid.

“He was so infatuated with the idea of death. That’s just the feeling I got,”

THANK you for saying that.

REALLY. You don't see any links between a very hostile, aggressive rapist that was driving a dark colored JEEP CHEROKEE. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/dna-likely-found-in-boulder-sexual-assault
and the attempted choking of an 8 yr. old boy 1 mile from and on the same trail leading to Ketner Lakehttp://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21820103 These are not coincidences. It was him.

More charges wll be added on before ARS goes to trial.

MOOOO

REALLY. You don't see any links between a very hostile, aggressive rapist that was driving a dark colored JEEP CHEROKEE. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/dna-likely-found-in-boulder-sexual-assault
and the attempted choking of an 8 yr. old boy 1 mile from and on the same trail leading to Ketner Lakehttp://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21820103 These are not coincidences. It was him.

More charges wll be added on before ARS goes to trial.

MOOOO

Wasn't the description of the man that attacked the boy ... between 5'6" and 6' tall, white, wearing athletic clothing, green and white runners and bald? Found the link ... Austin doesn't have a shaved head, nor is he athletically built. I think Austin can be completely ruled out.

"As they were walking along the trail near a street the girls noticed an "attractive" white man who was between 5 feet 6 inches and 6 feet tall, wearing jogging shorts, a Bolder Boulder T-shirt and green and white running shoes. He had a shaved head, no facial hair. He was trim and athletically built. "

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_21817974/jogger-choked-8-year-old-boy-near-ketner

Video? Video? Did someone say video? How did I miss it? Can you post a link. Thanks.

Sigh. Those who want to believe AS responsible for crimes he has not yet been linked to will not be persuaded otherwise.

Likewise, thoose of us who do not feel that is the case, lacking any evidence to the contrary, will also not be persuaded otherwise.

In those instances, it is best to simply agree to disagree.

We are all agreed that AS is one sick twisted personality.

MOO IMO and all that jazzy jazz

Wasn't the description of the man that attacked the boy ... between 5'6" and 6' tall, white, wearing athletic clothing, green and white runners and bald? Found the link ... Austin doesn't have a shaved head, nor is he athletically built. I think Austin can be completely ruled out.

"As they were walking along the trail near a street the girls noticed an "attractive" white man who was between 5 feet 6 inches and 6 feet tall, wearing jogging shorts, a Bolder Boulder T-shirt and green and white running shoes. He had a shaved head, no facial hair. He was trim and athletically built. "

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_21817974/jogger-choked-8-year-old-boy-near-ketner

Well the above linked article says similiar description. Shaving your head for teens in CO is common. And don't forget the attacker on the jogger at Ketner Lake wore a baseball cap. As for the athletic built, these are kids giving descriptions. Everyone looks bigger to them especially when they are scared. I also remember reading an article that the suspect in the Ketner Lake Jogger attack was said to be attractive looking.

IMO----MOO

It would sure be nice if every incident of attempted child abduction, rape or attempted rape, assault, animal abuse, etc., could be tied to AS. It would even be nice if any of those crimes that were committed within a reasonable proximity of AS's house, school or dad's house could be tied to AS.

Having one "boogy man" rather than grasping the realization that there are other scary people walking the streets with us and our children every day.

Granted, AS is an extremely horrible "boogy man" but honestly, there is no way he's committed every crime. I just don't see it. He was still a young person, going to school, and other responsibilities.

Maybe I'm wrong and he is the perpetrator for countless other crimes, I actually hope I'm wrong. But I just don't see it.

Before he was arrested, I thought that the boy choker and the JR kidnapper could have been the same, but after the arrest, I don't think it is. Mainly, AS is not trim. The description did really apply to a runner ... trim, athletic, wearing jogging shoes and a BB t-shirt.

I suspect AS reign of violence began around 12 or 13, probably beginning with pets.
I would bet by the time he was treated for perversions someone knew his perversions included inflicting pain. The treatment was not successful and he continued to accelerate his perversions. Who knows what all his parents kept trying to help with correcting him. I also wonder just how much his younger brother has witnessed. Could be he was even threatened if he told anything. I don't know just wondering. I think that household was probably tense due to AS.
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member