CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is off topic but I cannot stop myself.

WTF was that media source thinking when they: a) put a helicopter in the air over the scene and b) published that picture????!!!!

There is no emoticon to reflect the white hot rage I feel at the disrespect shown by that media source.

I know the Buddha taught that compassion should be extended to all creatures but I'm really having a hard time finding mine right now. Those media people are presumed to be sane and in their right minds but who can do something like that and claim to have any normal sense of empathy???

Agreed, I would like to applaud the family and community for not using this as an opportunity to air dirty laundry or seek their 15 mins. of fame. With the exception of the one article on the father everyone has been pretty respectful. It seems that the witnesses have done their civic duty and stayed out of the limelight. Actually, I'm really impressed vs. what we have seen in recent cases.

Such sad news, I was so hopeful for little Jessica's safe return. When are these monsters going to stop taking our children? :(

RIP beautiful girl, may you rest in the arms of the angels. :rose:

WE (as a group) need to make sure this perp is NEVER released!!! I prefer death.....certain and soon.....but LWOP is a second. I think we are all here for a reason and Jessica is that reason and WE need to make sure he is never on our streets again.....unless, of course, he is a she and even then, I mean the same....

This is off topic but I cannot stop myself.

WTF was that media source thinking when they: a) put a helicopter in the air over the scene and b) published that picture????!!!!

There is no emoticon to reflect the white hot rage I feel at the disrespect shown by that media source.

I know the Buddha taught that compassion should be extended to all creatures but I'm really having a hard time finding mine right now. Those media people are presumed to be sane and in their right minds but who can do something like that and claim to have any normal sense of empathy???

I can't speak for Denver media but I feel confident that I can say no Kansas City media outlet would knowingly publish a body picture. And certainly not on a high profile case like this.

Some KC media outlets will publish pictures where a blue or yellow tarp is covering a body but you can't see the actual body. Other KC media outlets won't even publish a tarp photo because you know a body is underneath.

I hope I'm right....I just cannot imagine that any Denver outlet would knowingly publish a picture knowing that body parts were visible in it and certainly not on a case that has gone international and getting such scrutny (you might say inadvertently do it on a fatal car crash)

Heartbroken. I live on an island with a very low crime rate? One day I let my fifth grader walk to the bus stop alone......I live in a VERY safe place......someone tried to steal her! Fortunately, she knew what to do but I believe that we THINK we are safe and we are NOT.....worked overnights but drove my baby to school before sleeping thereafter......NOT blaming Mom here.....just saying....it could have been my own? My heart breaks for this mama. And Papa.

Let 's keep her family in our thoughts and prayers. How do people deal with this kind of tragedy? My heart is breaking.

I just lit a candle and put it in my window. I know it might be too late for those of you not on the west coast to see this post, but if you'd like to join me, please do so. A warm, bright light for Jessica and her family through the night.

Thank you for the idea. I lit a candle and put it in my fireplace, where it will burn for Jessica and her family for at least two days.

My heart is broken, once again a young child has been denied her right to grow up and experience the life God placed her here for. Her parents will never recover from their loss. may God give them the strength to continue on with their life and find some comfort from so many people that have publicly shown their love for a child we never got to meet.
Another angel to guide all of us...

Not what I wanted to see as soon as I logged in tonight. :( Rest in Peace Jessica

Regarding the great uncle, he told KCTV5's Stephen Mayer that the family was told Tuesday night.

It wasn't an on camera interview. Video will be posted Thursday morning. Website updated now.

Can be several explanations including but not limited to...in a stressful tense situation great uncle misunderstood reporter's question etc.

Or police received information and alerted the family the night before but the body wasn't found until Wednesday. I certainly am aware of cases where a killer or someone associated with a killer confessed enough for police to know a body was out there but it took time to find the actual body.

An example of this in the KC area was this case. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89852&page=2

The fact that they said this afternoon that the parents had been cleared and this was an abduction was perhaps telling in hindsight. Hopefully by then they knew the suspect or the suspect had talked to someone and that's what led them to the body.

Be that as it may....I know what ABC is reporting ...and my thoughts and prayers have been and will continue to be with Jessica's family. My heart broke Wednesday when I watched the father speak. It was incredible to see parents act like Mr. Walsh says....do whatever you need to do to clear me because I didn't do this and we have to catch the suspect.

I lit a purple candle for Jessica and her family, and it is sitting on my fireplace mantel. God watch over Jessica, her mom and dad, and everyone else who knew and loved this little angel. And heartfelt thanks to the extraordinary LE agencies and searchers.

Why, oh why do these unspeakable evils occur? I am beyond tears, just numb.

So thankful for the compassionate WS community!

The reporter in this video said a man and his wife told him that agents and officers were out there yesterday, telling them they were going to search the area today. When the man was riding his bike today the area was blocked off around noon or 12:30. There's a landfill in that area and Fill dirt is dumped in the area. Reporter doesn't know if it's just a landfill for dirt. I wonder if there's any info on construction work on any homes in her neighborhood? I guess any construction vehicles or work vans wouldn't be suspicious around this area where she's been found.
http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1892927980001

Her poor mom. Can you imagine the anguish she must feel knowing she was asleep while unthinkable things were happening to her child? It's heartbreaking. All of it. Prayers for her.

And the media doing what they did tonight was just...horrible. They owe the family an apology.

There is a housing development with construction just started north of where the body was found. The workers were questioned and IDs checked as they left this afternoon.

RIP little lady, if only you knew how many of us care.

I am glad the search is over, the not knowing is terrifying but I'm so sad it ended this way.

I hope the perp is caught quickly and with much pain inflicted on him.

Not what I wanted to see as soon as I logged in tonight. :( Rest in Peace Jessica

All we can do is hope that this person is found soon so he can't harm anyone else.
I'm thinking he will have left some evidence behind.

Terrible news for the family,but at least she was found. R.I.P Jessica.

I have been following this case loosely and am beyond words with sadness when I saw the ABC headline this morning as I woke up. I was really hoping it had something to do with a custody dispute and she was hidden somewhere. I walked to school with neighborhood kids when I was in the 3rd grade, my brother in kindergarten and now a ten year old can't even walk outside of her house to meet friends. It sickens me and I can't wrap my head around it, I can't force myself to understand what sick mind would want to do this to an innocent child, who could harm no one and had her whole life in front of her. As much as I am obsessed with these cases and this site, I don't think I will ever grasp what makes these sickos tick. I just have to accept that they are here amongst us and we have to watch our children with intensity everywhere we go, they are safe no where. Quiet anger is all I feel this morning. Rest in Peace Jessica and may the person who did this to you rot in hell.

I read a little bit about the Cody, Wyoming case and hard to say if they are connected or not. First of all, it would mean the person who took Jessica decided not to murder his next victim. He also seemed to know where to target kids at that place where he asked about the puppy and he also could have been living in his car. The guy who took Jessica seems to be local and knew her routine walking to school, IMO. I don't know, can't wrap my head around what fear either one of them went through.

I lit a purple candle for Jessica and her family, and it is sitting on my fireplace mantel. God watch over Jessica, her mom and dad, and everyone else who knew and loved this little angel. And heartfelt thanks to the extraordinary LE agencies and searchers.

Why, oh why do these unspeakable evils occur? I am beyond tears, just numb.

So thankful for the compassionate WS community!

BBM: That's the way I feel, just numb inside :( Poor baby, prayers for her family and friends.

I don't believe children or teens would put the backpack where it was found. More likely, would have rummaged through it, tossed things about or taken them, or handed it over to their parents. IMO, it was left by the perp, perhaps in haste, without any hidden message other than to get it away from where she was taken. I think the idea of perps playing cat and mouse games with police is more TV than real. I know it happens, but not as much as it seems to come up, IMO. Most perps just want evidence away from their car and person.

Sexual predators & serial killers have synonymous traits. Both are very calculating, deflective, manipulative, creative and will fool even the best investigators.. Although many are very intelligent. Intelligence plays a small role in their uncanny ability to remain stealth for years or decades.

Green River serial killer Gary Ridgeway, whose IQ was only in the 70s, played cat & mouse games with task force investigators for over two decades before being caught due to dna upgrades. GR, would go to the Seattle, WA airport & retrieve spent cigarette butts & then place them with the remains of his victims. This was to confuse investigators into thinking that the unknown suspect was a traveler.

Predators are hunters and hone their skills with each innocent victim taken..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592