CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add a little perspective.

by KULR staff
Story Published: Oct 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM MDT
Story Updated: Oct 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM MDT

While the FBI Denver Division is actively involved in two child abduction investigations, one in Colorado and one in Wyoming, currently we do not believe these crimes are related

http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/FBI...-Wyoming-Child-Abduction-Case--173915751.html

Thanks for the reminder... However, I'm holding my breath over the next few days, to see if LE makes a connection now that they actually have someone in custody. I'm sure now they can compare evidence, connect some dots, etc, and then can more definitively say there's no connection, or the opposite say that he may indeed be the perp in Jessica's case. I think the next day or two will be quite telling in that regard.

But until then... :ziplip:

The top photo is from the crime scene in Jessicas case just put into black and white and mirrored. The bottom one was taken by the guy who kidnapped the girl in WY.

Thanks ... but I'm still a little confused ... what is the guy's name and how do we know it?

"The FBI says authorities have arrested a man in connection with the kidnapping of a Wyoming girl.

The agency says in a statement Sunday evening that the man was arrested in Belgrade, Mont. The man's identity and details of the arrest were not released."

8:29 PM, Oct 14, 2012
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/343004/28/FBI-announces-arrest-in-Wyoming-kidnaping

KMGH-jessica-ridgeway_20121012151521_320_240.GIF

http://media2.kshb.com//photo/2012/10/12/KMGH-jessica-ridgeway_20121012151521_320_240.GIF

LE would not announce a connection so prematurely.

This guy arrested has lived in several areas of CO. Estes Park being one of them as a prior address which is a little north but in Denver. FWIW.

Thanks for the reminder... However, I'm holding my breath over the next few days, to see if LE makes a connection now that they actually have someone in custody. I'm sure now they can compare evidence, connect some dots, etc, and then can more definitively say there's no connection, or the opposite say that he may indeed be the perp in Jessica's case. I think the next day or two will be quite telling in that regard.

But until then... :ziplip:

Also that quote is from before the Cody suspect was apprehended. The article is asking for help in locating the suspect vehicle from the surveillance video.

Late this afternoon, we walked the trail that goes the length of Pattridge Park and took some pictures.

picture.php

There has been a steady stream of traffic going down this otherwise quiet back road. Two of the local TV stations were on the site doing reports as we wandered by.

picture.php

The downed tree is being covered with tributes to Jessica. I suspect that for years to com we will find little bits of purple in the park that will remind us of this sad event.

picture.php

IS THIS A COINCIDENT???

Upper photo is the Jessica Ridgeway crime scene (I mirror/flipped it)
Lower photo is one of Woyming suspects photos
It is number 3 photo in this link: http://www.jessespeer.com/gallery/landscapes-2/

JRCSandJSphoto.jpg

I do NOT belive thise two photos is of the same trees/locations, what I belive is possible is that the killer choose a dumping location that "spoke to him" possibly due to that he previously had created a piece of art of two simelar "fallen trees".
Looking at his photos it seems that he has a thing for dead and fallen trees, not to mention abandoned cabins, mountains and open spaces...

I'm voting coincidence.

I can think of a couple dozen photographers who have taken shots similar to either photo. Including my own 84 year old father.

Anywhere there are open spaces with some trees there are going to be shots like that. Either of those photos could have been taken anywhere in the US and Canada from a location between the Appalachians and the Rockies.

Heck, I've taken pictures of fallen trees in my time. Not with the same artistry of the second photo but then, there's a good reason I've never been a photographer in my day job. There's a whole body of western literature going back at least 3000 years that mentions or muses on the symbolism of fallen trees.

It's just a common theme in western art in general.

WHY is the guy from the Wyoming case being talked about, here? Didn't LE say the cases weren't connected??

Any news at all about the case concerning Jessica?

Interesting to note LE's language is softening since the 12th, apparently, with this one hour ago (15th) -

Officials wouldn't confirm if Speer was being held in connection to the abduction or another case.

http://www.ravallirepublic.com/news...cle_8b0216dd-ec11-5d36-b3ec-8ffd0f0f5188.html

That's not referring to Jessica's abduction, but to the abduction of the girl in Wyoming. It's just saying that the FBI and local Montana officials have not confirmed that the guy in question has been arrested for the Wyoming abduction.

His photos are beautiful (IMO) but I agree about the writing. I am a photographer and have heard this type of speak more times to count. Since photography tends to be an "always moving" form of art you may start out facinated by one type of photography (B&W, color, computer altered) or one specific genre. Then one day your interest perks in another area and off you go. Photography "transitions" are par for the course. JMO

I was thinking along the same lines...

Every profession has its own "lingo"....

and if we were to. Find ten photographers... And put their blogs next to each other.... There would be similarities...

Maybe we (me too) are looking at this £¥>_{ a little biased?

JMO

OT
Everytime Bessie posts I start singing Joplin songs ♪ :blowkiss:

I'm really very interested in what LE will have to say at 10am. That could give us some clues as to whether they already know some things. I don't know if they have dna from Jessica's killer, but they already have dna from the suspect in Wyoming.

A press conference will be held Monday morning at Cody City Hall at 10 a.m for the suspect in Wyoming and Westminster's having one at the same time? Has the Westminster one been verified?

His photos are gorgeous. Pisses me off even more, for some reason.
-----------------
They are pinto. I think that is why his bond is so high. He could be a Mr. Got~rocks. Im sure he sells many photos and not cheap. Will he sell many here?:jail:
---------------
Edit to add I am sorry I jumped into discussing the Wyoming case but I am very interested in that case also. I will go to her site now...O/T Goody! Ohio takes DNA right away also.:good bye:

Late this afternoon, we walked the trail that goes the length of Pattridge Park and took some pictures.

picture.php

There has been a steady stream of traffic going down this otherwise quiet back road. Two of the local TV stations were on the site doing reports as we wandered by.

picture.php

The downed tree is being covered with tributes to Jessica. I suspect that for years to com we will find little bits of purple in the park that will remind us of this sad event.

picture.php

Why is the Wste Mgmt truck there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members