CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember how many pages back, but to whomever asked if it was ok to go combing the streets looking for the inhaler? Absolutely, as long as you are not going onto private property without permission and you are not intruding on any LE search or area they are working. Never do anything that would put yourself at risk and force LE to take time off the case to rescue you. It's really no different than you going for a jog, which you are certainly allowed to do. If anyone does come upon it, don't touch it, call LE and wait there for them.

As for the dogs, this is a tough one for a dog to work. This is an area that she walks constantly and their is scent trail over trail over trail. It sounds like she walks all over the area constantly and would make it very hard for a dog. No excuses for dogs, but they have their limitations, like any resource. Just like a helicopter or anything else, if they're not used properly they're completely ineffective.

Forgive me for asking..is there a source for the '50 FBI Agents'? Goodness, if that is true I am so happy for this child! And thanks for all you wonderful caring people out there because as I said-I have daughters...and if it were me....I would feel some sort of relief-I don't know-I cannot even imagine.....I would probably go into a coma....
I have sent a prayer request to my nuns in Alabama........

yes i am not sure where the # 50 came from either? or was it 50 LE officers total? I have never heard of 50 FBI responding to anything, to be honest...

I don't think she ran away either. I think it was a stranger abduction. I don't see her as looking old for her age at all. I see a young, tomboyish girl, in fact. I think if she had a bf, it was more like passing a note saying "do you like me? circle yes or no". I'm not getting that she was worldly-I think she was a sweet kid. And I just realized I'm using the past tense. But I do feel she has met a monster and is no longer with us. The weather is getting nicer, and the fields surrounding Greeley will be worked soon, and if she's not there, I would bet she's in the mountains. Logic tells me fields like Morgan, gut tells me mountains like Alie.

More than 25 Weld County Sheriff's deputies, Greeley and Evans police officers and FBI agents are participating in the diversion.
"People understand what is going on and the community is behind this," said Greeley Sgt. Juan Cruz.
He said the diversion will continue until 5 p.m. and may be repeated on Sunday.
Earlier today, Greeley's police chief Jerry Garner and Jim Davis, the FBI's special agent in charge of the Denver office, said more than 50 investigators are looking for Kayleah, who has not been seen since Sunday afternoon, when she left her west Greeley home to walk eight blocks to a friend's birthday party. Her mother reported her missing Sunday around 10 p.m.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14809675#ixzz0k0wB71FD

I think they mean more than 50 investigators from all the different agenices involved.
The Sheriff's, police, FBI CARD Team, Team Adam from NCMEC etc.

Fifty people from the FBI, including the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are now in Greeley working the disappearance of Kayleah Wilson.

And, they announced Friday they still need the public's help.

The 12-year-old girl left her home for a birthday party Sunday afternoon and never arrived.

She has not been seen for five days, and Greeley police and the FBI held a press conference Friday to announce they need more help.

“We're doing basic police work right now,” said Greeley Police Chief Jerry Garner. “re-interviewing people, checking leads.”

Garner and FBI Special Agent In Charge James Davis said they hope people continue to call in tips to help in the search for the girl.

“It's like you pass a traffic accident and you don't call in because you assume someone else called,” Garner said. “Don't assume we know everything about this case. Even if you don't think it's important, we need people to call us.”
Snipped
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100402/NEWS/100409899/1051&ParentProfile=1001

ETA Darlin Gal, you beat me to it, lol.

Didn't the police refuse to confirm that there even had been a birthday party? I seem to remember someone posting that after the press conference.
I don't think anyone is saying this girl is worldy, but there is no doubt she looks older than 12, IMO. That does not mean she acts or wants to be older than 12, but if she really does have or did have at one time a boyfriend 5 years older, that suggests a certain level of interest in boys beyond just being 12. So it has to be looked at from all angles, not just as a possible stranger abduction, which really are pretty rare.

Hi all.

STILL wondering why the friend Kayleah was meeting to walk with to the party isn't being investigated more thoroughly. Obviously, at some point, that person made a plan with Kayleah to meet her at some location and walk to the party. If she didn't arrive, didn't walk with them as planned, I would immediately be concerned enough to make a quick call to Kayleah's home to see if she had left yet.

“It's like you pass a traffic accident and you don't call in because you assume someone else called,” Garner said. “Don't assume we know everything about this case. Even if you don't think it's important, we need people to call us.”

Good God I think they fear a stranger abduction?

Hi all.

STILL wondering why the friend Kayleah was meeting to walk with to the party isn't being investigated more thoroughly. Obviously, at some point, that person made a plan with Kayleah to meet her at some location and walk to the party. If she didn't arrive, didn't walk with them as planned, I would immediately be concerned enough to make a quick call to Kayleah's home to see if she had left yet.

That's the story from her Mom and that's assuming she told her Mom the truth. Has there been any confirmation on this part? I haven't even been able to find confirmation that there was in fact a party.

I don't get that, from them wanting info. They may be wanting to confirm a suspicion that she got into a particular car with someone she knew who is denying it, for instance. Or someone who says they did not see her.
I honestly think in a small town like this they have to indicate to the community if they sensed an immediate danger to other youngsters and I am not getting that, exactly.

ps it there a link to this FB/MS page where kids are writing stuff?

Forgive me for asking..is there a source for the '50 FBI Agents'? Goodness, if that is true I am so happy for this child! And thanks for all you wonderful caring people out there because as I said-I have daughters...and if it were me....I would feel some sort of relief-I don't know-I cannot even imagine.....I would probably go into a coma....
I have sent a prayer request to my nuns in Alabama........

yes i am not sure where the # 50 came from either? or was it 50 LE officers total? I have never heard of 50 FBI responding to anything, to be honest...

Fifty people from the FBI, including the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are now in Greeley working the disappearance of Kayleah Wilson.

Jean C on NG said 50 that is where I got that number, plus this article.
It is late so maybe she meant a total of 50 from various agency's.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100402/NEWS/100409899/1051&ParentProfile=1001

IIRC in the beginning of this thread somewhere, it was brought up that a teacher at Kayleah's school said something about an attempted abduction by someone in a van back in January?

Anyone else recall this?

Hi all.

For anyone who wants to sleuth this angle- I see the first name of the girl that Kayleah was supposed to meet has been posted amongst the messages on the Prayers for Kayleah fb page wall.

I think since the police set up the roadblock/questioning station tonight near the apartments on 30th Street- that for whatever reason they believe that Kayleah at least made it there. (or close to it)
Snipped by me to save bandwidth lol
Excellent thoughts. They also said she left the apartment, so I don't think they suspect anything happened inside the apartment. As far as not wanting the public's help, I know LE in Utah don't want people out looking for Susan Powell, either. Maybe they saw the ensuing madness from the Caylee Anthony searches lol. I don't think LE not warning people to watch out for a possible child killer is odd, either. Right now, they have not a clue as to what happened to this poor girl. I just think they're trying not to cause panic in people until they know for sure.
For all we know, people have been investigated, questioned and waterboarded. I think those 50 FBI agents are going to sleuth this case very hard if for no other reason than there's not much else to do there. KIDDING! I have faith they will do their jobs well, though.

"The 12-year-old girl left her home for a birthday party Sunday afternoon and never arrived."
Snipped by me from my previous post.
I don't think the media would keep reporting that she left for a party if, in fact, there wasn't one.
Someone did post a comment on a newspaper site that there had been an abduction attempt in Jan.
Greeley has a population of 90,000-that may be a small town to some, but that is twice as big as Wyoming's biggest town lol.

I think since the police set up the roadblock/questioning station tonight near the apartments on 30th Street- that for whatever reason they believe that Kayleah at least made it there. (or close to it)
Snipped by me to save bandwidth lol
Excellent thoughts. They also said she left the apartment, so I don't think they suspect anything happened inside the apartment. As far as not wanting the public's help, I know LE in Utah don't want people out looking for Susan Powell, either. Maybe they saw the ensuing madness from the Caylee Anthony searches lol. I don't think LE not warning people to watch out for a possible child killer is odd, either. Right now, they have not a clue as to what happened to this poor girl. I just think they're trying not to cause panic in people until they know for sure.
Good night, everyone. Maybe tomorrow.

Yeah you are right about other LE and not asking for help searching...

Goodnight... Prayers for Kayleah! Come home!!!

Why and when was Kayleah in foster care?

I don't expect them to ask for help in searching at this point...but if they have reason to believe she was abducted, they should say so, IMO

I can't stop worrying about this child. I went to bed and tossed and turned now its 3 a.m.

why can't we get a handle on this, is it because of the lack of information that LE is sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko