CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION* #2

Patrick Frazee is found guilty of murdering fiancée Kelsey Berreth | Daily Mail Online

UPDATED: 05:21 EST, 19 November 2019

CHERYL BERRETH IMPACT STATEMENT

Patrick took Kelsey’s life. She was our daughter a devoted loving mother, a sister, a friend and a valued pilot teaching the military how to fly.

She was beautiful inside and out regardless of what Patrick has told others. Those who knew her knew this. Those who did not may have believed Patrick’s lies. Her reputation has been damaged by him after death. He also told stories about his own family. He was always the victim.

He not only killed our daughter, but he chose a horrific death for her, beating her head with a baseball bat while she tried to escape. He stored Kelsey’s body in a tote while he ate Thanksgiving dinner with his family. He showed no remorse.

He sent me a message wishing me Happy Thanksgiving. What a sick man.

Days after, he and his accomplice destroyed her body and gave her a dishonorable internment.

He did all of this in front of his 13-month-old daughter and yet he fails to see the harm he has done her….

Nothing will fill the holes in our hearts.

We have suffered through [all this] knowing the trial will most likely end the week of our 35th wedding anniversary. The verdict will be given, and we will not be together… We have had to re-evaluate our faith in God. Every time I put my hand to my face I imagine what Kelsey went through. Everything to this point as been about Patrick’s rights.

It’s time Kelsey’s rights received consideration.

We ask that Patrick be charged with the maximum sentence for the harm he has caused and that all of his parental rights be revoked permanently and immediately.

We intend to adopt Kaylee. We, including Kaylee, have suffered long enough. Our lives must no longer be dictated by the State of Colorado or Idaho. It’s time for our family to have closure and move on.

NOV 19, 2019
Patrick Frazee trial: What's next for Krystal Lee? - KRDO
[...]

"We did a deal with the devil, there is no ifs, ands, or buts about that," said Fourth Judicial District Attorney, Dan May.

[...]

"Krystal Lee -- when she came forward with all this information, it was information we didn't have, we didn't know. We didn't know how Kelsey had died," said Jennifer Viehman, a prosecutor.

[...]

"In my opinion, she's getting an incredible deal by a cap of three years on her sentence," said Criminal Defense Attorney Pat Mika.

He believes prosecutors will likely push for the maximum sentence.

[...]

But something we learned for the first time in court was that Lee had previous contact with Berreth over text before the murder, and that she apparently failed to reveal that to investigators or prosecutors.

"It seems to me that this is a pretty significant piece of information that she used an alias to contact the decedent in this case and that would be something that could potentially cause the prosecution to revoke the plea agreement," Mika said.

[...]

NOV 19, 2019
Despite scrutiny, Kenney's plea deal likely won't change - KOAA
She was the only person prosecutors needed to piece Kelsey Berreth's murder together.

[...]

At a press conference following the guilty verdicts, District Attorney Dan May said the deal was something his office had to do.

"We did a deal with the devil. There is no ifs, ands or buts about that, and I'm not proud of that. But there's no question that Kelsey wouldn't have had the sure justice [Monday] without making that deal with the devil," May said.

[...]

Kenney's testimony revealed she did much more than manipulate Berreth's cell phone, causing her to become the target of strong online scrutiny. Under oath, she said she came down from Idaho three separate times with plans from Frazee to kill Berreth. But it doesn't appear her plea deal will change.

[...]

Kenney also said, when asked by Senior Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Viehman, she texted Berreth under her fake name. She asked if Berreth wanted to get coffee. Berreth replied, saying no.

[...]

Stephen Longo, attorney and owner of The Longo Firm, said she could've faced more charges for her role, including attempted murder.

[...]

Longo said she had the power going into negotiations because of how much she knew about the crime.

"I don't think the other pieces of circumstantial evidence... A, the DA (district attorney) finds out about them or knows about them. And if they do, they can't piece them together into a comprehensive case. So, I think her testimony was the single thing that brought the entire case together. Without it, he walks," Longo said.

Her deal has already been accepted, and she did not appear to violate it by lying, refusing to testify or talking to the press.

[...]

Kenney is due in court for a review hearing on Dec. 2. News 5's Sam Kraemer reports her sentencing, per a court clerk, will not happen for another eight weeks, per the judge's order.

Vicente Arenas on Twitter
EXCLUSIVE: Frazee Trial Witness CONCERNED after hit list surfaces in Teller County Murder Trial. Testimony: Patrick Frazee solicited hits on witness trying to prove he murdered his fiancee #KelseyBerreth. Frazee was found guilty. @KDVR @channel2kwgn
EJxsJSGX0AA6f1n.jpg

5:37 PM - 19 Nov 2019

NOV 18, 2019
Patrick Frazee found guilty of murdering Kelsey Berreth
[...]

Before Frazee’s sentencing, several of Berreth’s friends and family members gave statements, which were all read out loud by Berreth's uncle, Scott Morin.

Ira Cline, one of Berreth’s coworkers, discussed in a written statement how Berreth was a proud mother who always had a smile on her face. Both she and Berreth had named their daughters Kaylee, she testified, and they had a connection because of that. She said that everyone at their work missed Berreth and knew that she loved Kaylee “with all her heart.”

Another coworker, David Deray, wrote a letter to Kaylee and told her about how her mother was a pleasure to fly with and was a great instructor. He wrote about his time with Berreth, calling her a “natural pilot” and saying he would remember her kindness and smile – one that would lift him up about most anything – forever.

And a third coworker talked about the hundreds of sorties, or missions, Berreth had flown and the impact she made on others – including the students she had instructed. He called Berreth a quiet and unassuming soul.

The last letter Morin read out loud was written by Cheryl Berreth, Kelsey Berreth’s mother.

[...]

Kimberly Morin, Berreth’s aunt, took to the stand next. She said she remembers how Berreth could fit perfectly under her arm when they hugged.

She also recalled that at her daughter’s wedding, Berreth came alone without Frazee and they laughed and smiled the whole time. She said Berreth told her that Frazee said she couldn’t get her nails done for the wedding because “only *advertiser censored*” do so.

[...]

In the video, CC was interviewed by Nikki Battiste, CBS. He says, "I don't see it happening like it was laid out."

CBS This Morning on Twitter (Video)
A Colorado man will spend the rest of his life behind bars for murdering his fiancée. A jury convicted Patrick Frazee after deliberating for just three and a half hours. A judge sentenced Frazee for beating Kelsey Berreth to death with a baseball bat nearly a year ago.
7:15 AM - 19 Nov 2019

NOV 19, 2019
EXCLUSIVE: Witness in Frazee trial speaks out
[...]

The employee who worked at a Verizon store said Frazee asked him strange questions about Berreth’s phone.

[...]

Frazee had Berreth’s baby in hand, the witness added, he also asked him if they could reset the security pin code. When the employee told him they couldn’t, Frazee seemed upset.

The witness stated, “he kind of just lost it, he became very nervous, very anxious, very apprehensive and was speaking louder not yelling or anything just became very heightened in his emotional state as he was realizing that he was not going to be able to lock down the account like he wanted to.”

Frazee had come into the Verizon store days before he spoke with the witness, asking another employee for a new cellphone because the FBI took his old phone.

[...]

“Apparently, he was rocking back and forth and was loudly whispering to himself I didn’t do it, I didn’t do it, I didn’t do it… over and over just over and over again,” the employee explained.

After the Verizon store employee heard the news about Frazee asking another inmate in the Teller County Jail to kill witnesses before the trial, he took steps to protect his family and himself.

“It’s very unsettling I mean giving the circumstances I don’t think it was out of the ordinary desperate people, desperate measures all of that but never something you want to hear that someone is potentially out to get you. I’d much rather be over cautious than underprepared,” the witness added.

[...]

“At the end of the day, I knew what I was doing was the right thing to do, and I wanted to make sure that I could bring justice as much as I could to Ms. Berreth and her family,” the witness said.

EXCLUSIVE: Woodland Park Police Chief opens up on helping solve Kelsey Berreth’s disappearance Video
[...]

Many people praised the quick thinking of the Woodland Park Police, saying it was key to catching Berreth’s killer, Patrick Frazee.

More than 40 agencies from across the nation helped in this investigation.

“I have no ego when it comes to asking for help, I don’t have the resources at this agency, we have a lot of good things going for us but I can’t handle a case that’s this cold of this magnitude with no evidence of a body or crime scene when we initially took it on,” De Young said.

[...]

De Young was there for every press conference and even sat through part of Frazee’s trial.

“The hardest part about this case was [Baby K] and knowing she was with Patrick and knowing the testimony of Krystal Lee and what had occurred, and [Baby K] was present when her mother died and hoping nothing bad would happen to Kaylee,” De Young said.

[...]

Frazee is being held at the Teller County Jail; the Department of Corrections will most likely take him following a custody hearing on December 5.

NOV 20, 2019
Kelsey Berreth remembered as a 'shining light' on Earth
[...]

The Woodland Park Police Department is hosting a remembrance candle vigil for Kelsey on Friday, which marks one year since authorities believe the 29-year-old was killed by her fiancé, from 6-7 p.m. at Memorial Park, located at 412 N. Park Street in Woodland Park. Her fiancé was found guilty of murder on Monday.

She came from a religious family and they know she is in heaven now, District Attorney Dan May said after the guilty verdict.

Kelsey was born on Sept. 15, 1989 in Washington. Growing up in the lakeside city of Moses Lake, she had a constant companion — her brother Clint Berreth, who is two years younger than her. He said they did everything on the family's farm together. Kelsey wanted to be a crop duster when she was a child, her mother Cheryl Berreth said in court on Nov. 1, which kicked off a life-long fascination with aviation.

"She always wanted to fly as a child," she said.

[...]

After moving to Colorado in May 2016 and picking up a handful of different jobs, she landed at Doss Aviation in Pueblo in late July 2017, Cheryl said.

She started the company's training program around the same time as IC, and they bonded over that shared experience.

Kelsey was rarely seen without a smile and had a kind and gentle heart, IC said.

"That’s how we knew her," she said. “She was a joy for all of us to be around.”

[...]

Cline said when Kelsey returned to work, it was easy to tell she was a "proud momma." She noted that they shared a special bond because both of their daughters were named K.

[...]

CS, a flight instructor at Doss Aviation, said she was so close with Kelsey that she kept a picture of Baby K on her fridge in her Pueblo home. When Kelsey would bring the baby to work, Baby K always well-behaved and happy, CS said. Kelsey may have been quiet and reserved, but she was always very sweet, she said.

[...]

The young mother was also sharp as a tack. MM, the chief pilot for initial training at Doss Aviation, said she completed the training program during her short time with the company — an achievement that even instructors with 20 years of experience in the U.S. Air Force have called "grueling."

[...]

She wrote the best test questions for her students — never too hard or too easy, just exactly what they should know, said DD. He flew with Kelsey often and called her a "natural pilot."

“I’ll remember her kindness and smile the most," he said. “A smile like hers would lift me up. ... I’m grateful I was able to know her and call her my friend.”

[...]

Another coworker, named C, said he was only just starting to get to know Kelsey on a deeper level when she disappeared. But he knew she was quiet, unassuming, beautiful and a gentle soul, he said. Even with her small frame, she stood out at work because she helped her aviation students get exactly where they needed to be.

[...]

She made a direct impact on those students, and her spirit will live on as they use those instructions and pass their knowledge along to the next generation, Chris said.

“Even though I won’t see her again on this side of eternity, I know I’ll see her again one day and we’ll have our chats once again," he said. “It’s important for Baby K to know how amazing her mother was."

NOV 20, 2019
Remembrance vigil for Kelsey Berreth planned in Woodland Park
A candlelight remembrance vigil for Kelsey Berreth is scheduled at 6 p.m. Friday by the Woodland Park Police Department.

[...]

The vigil will be at Memorial Park, 412 N. Park St., according to the announcement on the Woodland Park police's Facebook page.

The police department is also organizing a celebration of life ceremony for Berreth from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Seventh Day Adventist Church, 1000 Colorado 67, Woodland Park.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
.@PoliceWoodland is hosting a candlelight remembrance vigil for Kelsey Berreth this Friday. It begins at 6 p.m. at Memorial Park. They'll also host a celebration of life service on Saturday at 2 p.m. #KelseyBerreth @KOAA
2:52 PM - 20 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The Colorado Dept. of Corrections also has entered Patrick Frazee into their system. They won't share info on where he's going or when they're transporting him for safety reasons. When that's finally decided, and he makes it there, then we'll know. #PatrickFrazee @KOAA
2:58 PM - 20 Nov 2019

How cell phone analysis helped convict Patrick Frazee

Nov 20, 2019

Frazee was sentenced to life in prison without parole plus 156 years the maximum sentence he could receive.

Kenney is due back in court for a review hearing Dec. 2.

A clerk told News 5's Sam Kraemer that Kenney will be sentenced eight weeks from Frazee's sentence, per Judge Scott Sells's orders.

NOV 21, 2019
Friends, family remember Kelsey Berreth as kind, loving mother
[...]

NH, a close childhood friend of Berreth's, said Berreth wouldn't open up to those around her right away. But when she did, Haywood said Berreth was special.

"When you first meet Kelsey, she's super shy, very quiet. But behind that quiet exterior is someone that's very sharp, very intelligent," NH told News 5 on Jan. 23.

[...]

"She was one who was teaching our Air Force pilots, our United States Air Force pilots, how to fly," Dan May, district attorney for Colorado's Fourth Judicial District, said at a press conference Monday.

[...]

"The typical mother-daughter bond... They were beautiful together," NH said.

[...]

"She was planning her Christmas list, and calling people wanting to know what was on their list for Christmas," Cheryl said in a Dec. 12 interview.

Now, the Berreth family will spend holidays without her.

The flight instructor has gained her wings for whichever journey comes next, but to the Berreth family, Kelsey's memory flies on forever.

[...]

NOV 22, 2019
See the startling video that helped convict Kelsey Berreth's killer
[...]

In new evidence that was just released, Lee is seen on video for the first time taking investigators through the crime scenes.

[...]

On the very day Frazee was arrested last December, Lee can be seen wearing a Colorado Bureau of Investigation jacket and hat, taking police through Berreth's home. She points out the many places that had blood spatter when she first arrived to clean, all the result of Frazee beating Berreth to death with a baseball bat.

[...]

Lee told police that after Frazee killed Berreth, he removed her body to his ranch where he burned her remains and other evidence in a big bonfire on his property. In the video, Lee is seen taking investigators there as well, showing them exactly where the fire was and telling them everything that burned, down to the clothes she had worn for the cleanup.

[...]

Note: There are two videos in the article. The first one is described above and the second one shows PF at the ATM, the tote in the back of his truck, and prosecutor Jennifer Viehman says, "But, he wanted Krystal Lee to pin it on," at the 2:25 mark.

48 Hours on Twitter
ICYMI: #48Hours and @NikkiBattiste have an inside look at the startling evidence that helped convict Patrick Frazee for the murder of his fianceé.
"Justice for Kelsey Berreth" airs Saturday at 10/9c on @CBS.
8:29 AM - 22 Nov 2019

Nikki Battiste on Twitter
***Tune in to @48hours tomorrow at 10pm EST/9pm Central to watch more never before publicly seen video and surveillance images in the Patrick Frazee murder trial - preview on @CBSThisMorning @CBSNews
8:41 AM - 22 Nov 2019

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01
Back