Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be surprised if there isn't foul play here.

Sweet Kiaya, I'm so sorry. RIP and young child should never go together, but RIP pretty girl.

My heart goes out to her loved ones.

She was found 2 miles east of there (if I understood correctly)

In the opposite direction of where she was supposed to be heading...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they were searching the lake on a false tip? Or were they looking for her backpack there? We also never learned where the 15 yo lives. Did they go in that direction ever?

Just checking in before I go to bed and see 'Found Deceased'

:(

I'm so sorry sweet Kaiya :rose:

Fwiw ; and imo---- she did NOT get washed out in a storm drain because of heavy rain.
Would be interesting to know what the last person with her has to say about how she came to be separated ?
I realize we don't know if a crime occurred .

I am currently within 10 miles of where she went missing and there was maybe a light drizzle for 20 minutes at the most. No rainstorm happened there. We got that "information" from the 15 y/o. Theories?

I am currently within 10 miles of where she went missing and there was maybe a light drizzle for 20 minutes at the most. No rainstorm happened there. We got that "information" from the 15 y/o. Theories?

:welcome:

My wonder is if the 15yo lost track of time, remembered a bigger rain storm a few days prior, and I have more but that's all I can say I suppose.

Not sure I can mention my theories. Even pure speculation might get me in trouble. [emoji35]

I'll just throw this out there. I think her SM played a part and that since as of now all theories emanate from the last person known to be with her I'd say that's the best starting point.

I did notice in the most recent MSM I read (will try to link) they changed the timeline to her being "separated" from him between 8:30-9:00, not the previously reported 7:00 pm. Which might better coincide with the time it actually rained?

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/08/kiaya-campbell-body-found-thornton/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So sad to hear the outcome. This is so like the Kayleah Wilson case it's eerie. RIP Kiaya. May you get the justice that was denied Kayleah.

But can't one small area get a rain squall, and 10 miles away it is just drizzling.

My daughter lives less than 2 miles away from us. One time it was POURING down rain, really hard on my patio. It was so loud and hard that I grabbed my patio furniture and turned it over---then went to call my daughter about the stuff she has on her balcony.

She answered and said it was barely a drizzle. She sat outside on the phone and said it was not raining, and it was POURING at my house a mile and a half away. The sky above me was dark grey. But it was bright blue when I looked out my front door---

So this was in someone's backyard? That would be risky if foul play. Then again, Martha Skakel was killed in her own backyard with her mother inside the house. Hmmmm. In the dark, if after 8:30. How long did it rain hard?

I'm betting an arrest within 24 hours. 😔

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So I'm confused. Was there flash flooding that night?

Yes. I was driving home from Littleton CO to Aurora CO and NPR was talking about the flash flooding all over the Denver metro area. I hit it too. It was about 10pm MDT and it only lasted about 5 minutes because the storms were moving very fast but it was almost impossible to drive and some folks had even pulled over to wait it out.

She disappeared an hour before I was out driving and I'm not sure exactly what the rainfall was like in Thornton but NPR was saying it was happening all over the metro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member