CO CO - Lisa Marino-Dorsey, 58, teacher, car located, poss in CO Springs, Aurora, 28 Dec 2021

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Lisa Marino-Dorsey, 58, was last seen on Dec. 28, 2021, at her home in the 3500 block of South Kittredge Street in Aurora. She was reported missing on Jan. 3, 2022, according to Agent Matthew Longshore, public information officer with the Aurora Police Department.

Agent Longshore says Lisa left her home without her cell phone or belongings. She has not communicated with anyone since Dec. 28.

Lisa is 5 feet 4 inches tall, 130 pounds with blonde hair.

Aurora Police Department
Authorities believe Lisa could have been in the Colorado Springs-area at the time of her disappearance on or around Jan. 3, according to Agent Longshore.

She is believed to have been driving a 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage, which has been recovered and seized by the Major Crimes Unit.

"We are concerned for Lisa’s safety but are hopeful that someone has information that could assist us with locating her," Agent Longshore said in a press release issued Thursday.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Major Crimes Unit at 303-739-6523. Tipsters can remain anonymous by contacting Metro Denver Crime Stoppers at 720-913-7867.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...arching-for-missing-woman-last-seen-on-dec-28

Blog: Aurora Police News
Missing Person / NamUs #MP87762

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-marino-dorsey-3303535b

Last edited:
Lisa Marino-Dorsey, 58, was last seen on Dec. 28, 2021, at her home in the 3500 block of South Kittredge Street in Aurora. She was reported missing on Jan. 3, 2022, according to Agent Matthew Longshore, public information officer with the Aurora Police Department.

Agent Longshore says Lisa left her home without her cell phone or belongings. She has not communicated with anyone since Dec. 28.

Lisa is 5 feet 4 inches tall, 130 pounds with blonde hair.

Aurora Police Department
Authorities believe Lisa could have been in the Colorado Springs-area at the time of her disappearance on or around Jan. 3, according to Agent Longshore.

She is believed to have been driving a 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage, which has been recovered and seized by the Major Crimes Unit.

"We are concerned for Lisa’s safety but are hopeful that someone has information that could assist us with locating her," Agent Longshore said in a press release issued Thursday.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Major Crimes Unit at 303-739-6523. Tipsters can remain anonymous by contacting Metro Denver Crime Stoppers at 720-913-7867.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...arching-for-missing-woman-last-seen-on-dec-28

Blog: Aurora Police News
Missing Person / NamUs #MP87762

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-marino-dorsey-3303535b
Off topic, good too see you!

Can anyone tell me if it's unusual for the Major Crimes Unit to seize the located car? Does it mean that there was some kind of evidence found in the car to indicate something bad had happened, or is it standard procedure? Thanks!

Off topic, good too see you!
Thanks for the kind words. ❤️ I’ve been taking care of Mama. She’s getting better so I had to come find my people. I’ve missed y’all. A lot!

Can anyone tell me if it's unusual for the Major Crimes Unit to seize the located car? Does it mean that there was some kind of evidence found in the car to indicate something bad had happened, or is it standard procedure? Thanks!
I thought it strange when I read the word seized. I also thought involving Major Crimes this early in a missing person case a bit unusual. Apparently, there’s been some recent suggested and forced resignations with Aurora’s PD & FD. The description on their page doesn’t even list missing person cases except for children. I’m thinking some evidence of foul play found on or in the car is a possibility. I find it possibly telling they didn’t use her actual vehicle but a stock photo. Perhaps the car was visually damaged in some way. I’m thinking she may have been on winter break from school. My granddaughter went back to school on Jan 3. Perhaps that’s when she was discovered missing when she didn’t arrive back to her classroom.

*The Major Crime/Homicide investigates homicides, suspicious deaths, kidnappings, and officer involved shootings. Most of their cases are time intensive and require detailed investigations.

A team of detectives responds to crime scenes and works with patrol, the crime lab, the Victim Advocates, and any other department resources needed during the critical few hours following a major incident. The detectives are responsible for follow-up on investigations and for filing their cases. The lead detective will also serve as the advisory witness to the District Attorney during hearings and trials. Our Major Crime Unit also investigates cold homicide cases.
City of Aurora in Colorado

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 720-913-7867 or visit metrodenvercrimestoppers.com. Tipsters can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $2,000.
Police ask for public's help in locating missing Aurora woman | 9news.com

Missing: Colorado Woman Not Seen in Weeks, Cellphone Left Behind in Home

NEWS RELEASE: Police Seeking Tips to Locate Missing Aurora Woman #APDNewsBlog: Aurora Police News pic.twitter.com/PVbgUy1fPi
— Aurora Police Dept (@AuroraPD) January 13, 2022
Missing Aurora woman may have been in Colorado Springs

eta:
Detectives from the Aurora Police Department’s major crimes unit said she may have been in the Colorado Springs area around the time she was reported missing on Jan. 3. APD said she was in a 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage with a Colorado license plate WOU 059, which has been recovered.
upload_2022-1-13_19-51-36.png
MISSING AURORA WOMAN: Last seen over 2 weeks ago, detectives asking for information | FOX31 KDVR

Last edited:
Ahhhh, it's nice to see you posting again @imstilla.grandma. Been missin' ya! ;)...:cool:...:D
So glad that Mama is feeling better. What a wonderful soul you do have.
--------------------------------------
Not liking this case one bit. And now her car has been found... SMH. I've got a pit-of-my-stomach kind of feeling. And no cellphone... no contact with anyone.
There's a pic with her holding a dog. If it's her dog, where is s/he? That's another real worry -- like leaving her phone behind. Was she ambushed coming into her house?
Also, I just noticed the reference to "Crimestoppers." SMH. It's already a part of that. Something is making LE think crime already. Scary. But there still can be a good ending in spite of it all, I'm hoping.

Hoping she's okay... and SMH.

Last edited:
Since she left her home without her cell phone or belongings, I wonder if she met with the wrong somebody and her car was stolen. Perhaps from dating app.

Hopefully her family can get bank, cell and social media records, hopefully from the left behind phone. And any ring etc footage. I am curious if the car was seen on camera at a gas station prior to leaving Denver for Colorado Springs, a bank statement would help.

We need more info!

Many police departments, such as Aurora Police Department have special detective units dedicated to solving felony crimes. These detective units will investigate felony crimes against persons or property. However, some crimes may be of such a nature that a specialized unit (such as major investigations, crime lab, electronic support, etc) may be utilized. Major crimes typically investigate homicides, suspicious deaths, kidnappings, and officer involved shootings. The MSM article in this thread state they "responded " to the finding of the vehicle. But it's not directly stated (in my opinion from reading it) that they are taking over the investigation so it may not point to kidnapping at this point, though obviously, it can't be ruled out from the information being released to the public.

First time seeing this thread, but I get the impression LE has left out more information than they have released so far. Lots of missing information, which openly invites speculation.

First, I would think for many school districts the last week of December would be a winter/holiday break. That seems reasonable.

We know Lisa's car was recovered ('seized') by LE but IMO the way this statement is worded it could imply something was found in the car, or something specific about the car itself may relate to this case. If true, LE is not releasing that information at this time.

So far I've seen nothing about Lisa's background, her family, her current and past relationship status, any possible MH issues, etc.

The fact that she had none of her possessions with her, including her cell phone, is both puzzling and concerning. Something feels wrong about that.

I assume LE searched Lisa's home shortly after she disappeared. Did they find anything suspicious? Did neighbors see or hear anything suspicious around this time?

Wow, this is super concerning. She "left her home" on December 28th? That is over a month ago. No phone, belongings? Frustratingly, there is almost no information online about this case. The public needs details and frankly, telling us who, (if anyone) saw her at her home, would be a good place to start.

Wow, this is super concerning. She "left her home" on December 28th? That is over a month ago. No phone, belongings? Frustratingly, there is almost no information online about this case. The public needs details and frankly, telling us who, (if anyone) saw her at her home, would be a good place to start.

I totally agree. I think there are a lot of details being left out for the public. I wish they would divulge a bit more information or give an update as of where they stand right now. It would seem they could make this much more visible to the public than they have done thus far.

I totally agree. I think there are a lot of details being left out for the public. I wish they would divulge a bit more information or give an update as of where they stand right now. It would seem they could make this much more visible to the public than they have done thus far.
I am in a bit of shock, in fact i live very far but grew up for a while in the same small town as her.

Anyway, i get the feeling that maybe she was lonely out there on her own, perhaps too trusting of people and a bit of a free spirit, all that makes me rrally worried someone took advantage of her. It seems the ex has/had some issues and there is nothing about her missing on that end, which makes me curious, as well as history of being a victim of abuse.

Seems she was close to her grandkids and family and this breaks my heart, cuz i am guessing this isnt in character for her, fingers crossed she's ok.

Last edited:
It seems the ex has/had some issues and there is nothing about her missing on that end, which makes me curious, as well as history of being a victim of abuse. Seems she was close to her grandkids and family and this breaks my heart, cuz i am guessing this isnt in character for her, fingers crossed she's ok.
I'm assuming this information comes from Lisa's FB account? I can't get into FB so I don't know what's posted there but so far I haven't seen anything about an ex-husband or her personal life at all in MSM.

I'm assuming this information comes from Lisa's FB account? I can't get into FB so I don't know what's posted there but so far I haven't seen anything about an ex-husband or her personal life at all in MSM.

Me either. I left facebook for several reasons 2 years ago and I cannot access the site. I have not heard anything about any personal relationships of Lisa's through any local media outlets here in CO. They have only mentioned the car. As far as I know, we don't even know who she was with (if anyone) or why she was in The Springs to begin with. I am still actually unclear if the Major Crimes unit they mentioned was CSPD or Aurora Police Major crimes. I'm assuming Aurora/Arapahoe County?

Me either. I left facebook for several reasons 2 years ago and I cannot access the site. I have not heard anything about any personal relationships of Lisa's through any local media outlets here in CO. They have only mentioned the car. As far as I know, we don't even know who she was with (if anyone) or why she was in The Springs to begin with. I am still actually unclear if the Major Crimes unit they mentioned was CSPD or Aurora Police Major crimes. I'm
DBM: sm not reported

Since she left her home without her cell phone or belongings, I wonder if she met with the wrong somebody and her car was stolen. Perhaps from dating app.

Hopefully her family can get bank, cell and social media records, hopefully from the left behind phone. And any ring etc footage. I am curious if the car was seen on camera at a gas station prior to leaving Denver for Colorado Springs, a bank statement would help.

We need more info!
Why would anybody leave home without a phone these days?? Was it Kelsey Berreth that left here phone at home, I don't recall...Makes me think an investigation should start at her home..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johandev
Back