CO CO - Pueblo County, BlkMal, approx 50 years old, transient from Albuquerque October 2000

Grungster

Reaction score
John Doe
Case Details
Case Type: Unidentified

Height: 6' 1"

Case Status: OPEN

Weight: 150 lbs

Aliases:

Identifying Marks:

Incident Date: 10/14/2000

Agency: Pueblo County Sheriff's Office

City: Pueblo

Date of Birth: Unknown

County: Pueblo

Date of Death: 08/15/2000

Agency Case #: 00S013890

Judicial District: 10th Judicial District

Year Solved:

Race: African American

NamUs Case #: Unknown

Eyes: Unknown

NCMEC Case #: Unknown

Hair: Black

About this Case:
The victim was located on the prairie about a mile north of the Walking Stick housing development, north of Pueblo. He was possibly mentally ill and was either released or walked away from a mental hospital. A witness told investigators he encountered a man camping on the open range in August 2000. According to the witness, the man said he was from Albuquerque, and was working his way to Denver. The man had dreadlocks in his hair that were about 4 to 6 inches long. The transient was told he could not stay on the land and would have to move. Apparently, the man moved, but only about a half mile. On October 14, 2000, a woman on horseback came across a camp where the skeletal remains of a man were found reclining on a sleeping bag. Also at the camp area was a tent that had not been pitched, a second sleeping bag, several canteens and several changes of clothing. The decedent did not have identification on him. A few pieces of paper were with the decedent, one contained typed telephone numbers for Spanish Peaks Mental Health Centers and another had addresses of homeless shelters in the Denver area. The clothing and remains were studied carefully for any signs of foul play - knife or bullet holes in the clothing, broken bones, skull fractures. None were found. ***Height and weight are an estimate.

If you have any information about this case, please contact:
Pueblo County Sheriff's Office

Pueblo

Colorado

Colorado Cold Case Files - Case Detail: John Doe

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Added to NAMUS.
"The decedent was located on the prairie about a mile north of the Walking Stick housing development, north of Pueblo. He was possibly mentally ill and was either released or walked away from a mental hospital. A witness told investigators he encountered a man camping on the open range in August 2000. According to the witness, the man said he was from Albuquerque, and was working his way to Denver. The man had dreadlocks in his hair that were about 4 to 6 inches long. The transient was told he could not stay on the land and would have to move. Apparently, the man moved, but only about a half mile. On October 14, 2000, a woman on horseback came across a camp where the skeletal remains of a man were found reclining on a sleeping bag. Also at the camp area was a tent that had not been pitched, a second sleeping bag, several canteens and several changes of clothing. The decedent did not have identification on him. A few pieces of paper were with the decedent, one contained typed telephone numbers for Spanish Peaks Mental Health Centers and another had addresses of homeless shelters in the Denver area."

Yeah....not sure what that's all about; maybe he's an admixture?
Most likely. The dreadlocks make me think that he's at least partially black, but there's a chance he could have an Asian and/or Hispanic admixture as well.
I personally wouldn't focus a ton on race for potential MPs to compare him to, since it sounds like nobody knows for sure.

Most likely. The dreadlocks make me think that he's at least partially black, but there's a chance he could have an Asian and/or Hispanic admixture as well.
I personally wouldn't focus a ton on race for potential MPs to compare him to, since it sounds like nobody knows for sure.

Could he also be an admixture with native American in your opinion?

? Age not mentioned.....

86343586_2999319096773651_651734868824162304_n.jpg

I also found this....but that makes me confused....

Is this the same person?
Michael Coyote, 28, was last seen leaving his residence in the 1100 block of Gardner Avenue in Las Cruces, New Mexico, the evening of Friday, December 29, 2017 .
December 30, 2017
LAS CRUCES - Las Cruces Police are asking for the public’s assistance in locating Michael Coyote, a 28-year old male who went missing from his residence in the 1100 block of Gardner Avenue on Friday evening.
Detectives learned that Coyote left his residence on foot in an unknown direction of travel. Las Cruces Police are concerned for Coyote’s welfare due to medical ailments that he suffers from.
Coyote, described as 5-feet-8-inches tall, approximately 130 pounds with short black hair, was wearing a black hoodie and sweats with silver Nike shoes and was carrying a black and gray backpack.
Anyone with information on Coyote’s whereabouts is asked to call 911.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused. Daniel Davis went missing in 2008, and Michael Coyote went missing in 2017. Our UID was found in 2000, so he couldn't be either of the missing men.

UID was probably between 35 and 50. He could definitely be part Native American. Since it sounds like he might be multiracial and/or his race is unknown, I'm looking into missing people of all races for possible identities.

I'm a bit confused. Daniel Davis went missing in 2008, and Michael Coyote went missing in 2017. Our UID was found in 2000, so he couldn't be either of the missing men.

UID was probably between 35 and 50. He could definitely be part Native American. Since it sounds like he might be multiracial and/or his race is unknown, I'm looking into missing people of all races for possible identities.

Oh....you are so right....sorry....I seem to mix things up in a bad way lately....This is all on me....again sorry.....

I also think he was at least AA admixed, his facial features from the clay recon indicate that.
Regarding the dreadlocks, sure, they are also an expression of a certain reggae/stoner/rastafarian subculture and thus occasionally are worn by whites, too, but people especially in the US got more sensitive towards cultural appropriation and they are more commonly worn by people of color. He may be Afrohispanic or Afrocaribbean or generally multiracial with a strong African component.
Morphologic assessment has its limits, we would need an autosomal DNA profile to know more.

John Doe​

Case Details​

Case Type: Unidentified
Height: 6' 1"
Case Status: OPEN
Weight: 150 lbs
Aliases:
Identifying Marks:
Incident Date: 10/14/2000
Agency: Pueblo County Sheriff's Office
City: Pueblo
Date of Birth: Unknown
County: Pueblo
Date of Death: 08/15/2000
Agency Case #: 00S013890
Judicial District: 10th Judicial District
Year Solved:
Race: African American
NamUs Case #: UP80452
Eyes: Unknown
NCMEC Case #: Unknown
Hair: Black

About this Case:​

The victim was located on the prairie about a mile north of the Walking Stick housing development, north of Pueblo. He was possibly mentally ill and was either released or walked away from a mental hospital. A witness told investigators he encountered a man camping on the open range in August 2000. According to the witness, the man said he was from Albuquerque, and was working his way to Denver. The man had dreadlocks in his hair that were about 4 to 6 inches long. The transient was told he could not stay on the land and would have to move. Apparently, the man moved, but only about a half mile. On October 14, 2000, a woman on horseback came across a camp where the skeletal remains of a man were found reclining on a sleeping bag. Also at the camp area was a tent that had not been pitched, a second sleeping bag, several canteens and several changes of clothing. The decedent did not have identification on him. A few pieces of paper were with the decedent, one contained typed telephone numbers for Spanish Peaks Mental Health Centers and another had addresses of homeless shelters in the Denver area. The clothing and remains were studied carefully for any signs of foul play - knife or bullet holes in the clothing, broken bones, skull fractures. None were found. ***Height and weight are an estimate.
1656228888985.jpeg

Maybe he tried to attend to Spanish Peaks in Pueblo but didn't meet the criteria. It seems to be an outpatient treatment, maybe he didn't know that or maybe this was just where he was looking for.

Payment/Insurance Accepted​

• Cash or self-payment, Medicaid, Medicare, Private health insurance

Payment Assistance​

• Sliding fee scale (fee is based on income and other factors), Payment assistance (check with facility for details)

Type of Care:​

• Substance abuse treatment , Do not treat opiod addiction <f.i. painkillers, sleeping pills>

Facility Operation:​

• Private organization, State substance abuse agency, State mental health department
Primary Focus: Dual Diagnosis Substance Abuse Rehab

Treatment Type: Outpatient, Regular outpatient treatment

Treatment Approaches: Cognitive/behavioral therapy, Dialectical behavioral therapy, Substance abuse counseling approach, Trauma-related counseling, Rational emotive behavioral therapy

----
If he was addicted in one way or another wouldn't they have found empty bottles, drugs paraphernalia or pills f.i. Maybe he was in recovery and was searching for help to keep clean?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teadrinker09
Back