CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #2

C498AEE7-C9AD-4833-8079-87EB4C2FCDC3.jpeg Many articles report that Roger went missing on February 10. This is a copy of a segment from the Delta County independent, which states the day Roger disappeared as February 9. This makes more sense, as it was the first day of school after Roger’s Telluride skiing event. Also there are no discussions of what may have occurred at school on February 9, if reports are indeed correct about the disappearance being February 10.

Excellent, and I certainly hope a new (by decades) outlook may have some additional clues, if not outright answers from long-distanced/possibly silenced officials.

Keep in mind some of these 'investigative' shows are solely wedded to ratings, i.e. filling an entire half/full hour with 'compelling' info rife with convenient film cuts, all out edits, but then sponsored commercials that take up a LOT of time so the 'informational broadcast' is less. After commercial break, they reiterate the points aired before the commercial, thereby whittling time. So in essence, you have a total of 6/7 minutes of info if you've never heard of a case, and nil if you're a follower. But still a good avenue to spread his name.

So, Roger's parents and sister are known to be deceased, alleged other siblings have not come forward, so read that as you may but unlikely they'd come forward now. Regardless, if a town shuts down a permit to video, be it specific locales or the registered municipality in total, it's dead in the water. If this is the case in Cedaredge, why?

Some questions to pose, which have pretty much already been asked in earlier posts, but definitely could be asked again. Was Roger involved in dealing drugs? We’re there any other accusations about the school teacher that have not been publicized? Has the local sheriffs office had any new leads? Has law enforcement done any recent follow up interviews with family? Has the poachers story been closed? Just a few things to ponder. Any thoughts?

Just read this from a newspaper article written by Evelyn Ellison, his mother. I think it's the first time I've seen that Roger worked at the Delta City Market.
The Daily Sentinel April 11, 1985, pg 5:
A Mother's Anguish
Editor-I read with great and sympathetic interest the long and detailed account of the kidnapping and murder of Cheryl Bonaventura. What a sad state of affairs our nation has sunk into that our children, be they babies or almost adults, are not safe on the streets, playgrounds, shopping malls or, in my case, a public schoolhouse. I can't help but wonder why the ones who are not located are not given the coverage
that the ones who are found are given. Their destiny is known. Now their family can grieve for their loss and senseless tragedy.
My son, Roger Ellison, an A-student senior in the Cedaredge High School, was last seen standing by his locker in broad daylight, just as classes were taking up on Feb. 10, 1981. Although he was seen inside the schoolhouse that morning, he did not attend any class. However,
his absence was not reported to us, his parents, or the superintendent of the school. Someone must have missed him since Roger never missed a day of school.
He did not drink or take drugs and was well-liked and respected by the school staff and all who knew him. When he did not come home from school that evening on the bus we reported him missing but the authorities were not concerned.
They said, "Oh, he has just run off some place with a girl. He'll be back, don't worry."
We knew without a shadow of a doubt that he did not run off and that something terrible had happened. We had to wait until they decided something was wrong. By then, the clues, if there were any, were gone.
The day of his disappearance he had only enough money in his pocket for school lunch. His savings from his part-time job at Delta's City Market have never been touched. His car and motorcycle were left behind and the clothes he had were on his back. Where could he have gone with no money? No car? No extra clothes? Is he well? Has he met with a horrible death? If so, why, oh why?
Why aren't these missing children given good coverage from time to time? I, myself have almost depleted my savings, following up leads and sending brochures out. Just recently I sent a picture to be put on milk cartons.
My husband died of a heart attack just six months after Roger disappeared. I know it was from the stress and frustration of the loss of our son. God only knows what horrible things go through our minds during the long nights and days of wondering if he is alive or dead, or hungry or cold.
Thank you for listening. Evelyn M. Ellison

Very sad read. We should look at the staff members of the school - especially “Mr. Pash”. I know we all wish there was existing CCTV footage.

I wonder where exactly Roger’s locker was located, and on which floor. Was it by an elevator, or a basement, or a closet? Excuse me if this question been answered before.

Very sad read. We should look at the staff members of the school - especially “Mr. Pash”. I know we all wish there was existing CCTV footage.

I wonder where exactly Roger’s locker was located, and on which floor. Was it by an elevator, or a basement, or a closet? Excuse me if this question been answered before.
I know these threads are lengthy, but if you have not read all the way through them, you should, as they contain a ton of great information.

Just read this from a newspaper article written by Evelyn Ellison, his mother. I think it's the first time I've seen that Roger worked at the Delta City Market.
The Daily Sentinel April 11, 1985, pg 5:
A Mother's Anguish
Editor-I read with great and sympathetic interest the long and detailed account of the kidnapping and murder of Cheryl Bonaventura. What a sad state of affairs our nation has sunk into that our children, be they babies or almost adults, are not safe on the streets, playgrounds, shopping malls or, in my case, a public schoolhouse. I can't help but wonder why the ones who are not located are not given the coverage
that the ones who are found are given. Their destiny is known. Now their family can grieve for their loss and senseless tragedy.
My son, Roger Ellison, an A-student senior in the Cedaredge High School, was last seen standing by his locker in broad daylight, just as classes were taking up on Feb. 10, 1981. Although he was seen inside the schoolhouse that morning, he did not attend any class. However,
his absence was not reported to us, his parents, or the superintendent of the school. Someone must have missed him since Roger never missed a day of school.
He did not drink or take drugs and was well-liked and respected by the school staff and all who knew him. When he did not come home from school that evening on the bus we reported him missing but the authorities were not concerned.
They said, "Oh, he has just run off some place with a girl. He'll be back, don't worry."
We knew without a shadow of a doubt that he did not run off and that something terrible had happened. We had to wait until they decided something was wrong. By then, the clues, if there were any, were gone.
The day of his disappearance he had only enough money in his pocket for school lunch. His savings from his part-time job at Delta's City Market have never been touched. His car and motorcycle were left behind and the clothes he had were on his back. Where could he have gone with no money? No car? No extra clothes? Is he well? Has he met with a horrible death? If so, why, oh why?
Why aren't these missing children given good coverage from time to time? I, myself have almost depleted my savings, following up leads and sending brochures out. Just recently I sent a picture to be put on milk cartons.
My husband died of a heart attack just six months after Roger disappeared. I know it was from the stress and frustration of the loss of our son. God only knows what horrible things go through our minds during the long nights and days of wondering if he is alive or dead, or hungry or cold.
Thank you for listening. Evelyn M. Ellison
Thank you for posting this!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018