GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling this is once again about CWs 'mask' that he must present to the world. I always believed he pleaded guilty to those murders as not only did he know there was enough evidence to convict him but also he wanted to preserve his mask coming undone publically day after day in court in front of his friends (if he has any left), family and colleagues.

Even when SW and the girls were first reported missing his primary concern was about what others thought of him. This continued throughout the few days before he was arrested.

Historically it is evident he gravitates towards dominant 'beings' that tell him what to do and how to 'act' in this world. He was raised by a dominant women, married SW who was more dominant and had an affair with NK who was clearly dominant.

Entering prison he would have lost guidance from any one specific person. Turning to God would have been incredibly attractive for him. Repenting his sins can allow him to believe that he has redeemed himself and he can save face again.

I strongly believe that if the reports are true and he has become religious that this will be the basis behind any confession. It is possible that he may disclose elements of truth but without a doubt this will not be to put anyone else's minds at rest or provide answers.. It will all be about his own narcasstic desire to redeem himself in the eyes of his God.

Excellent post. I agree. We can't test anything he says but if he is being truthful it's likely a God thing.

The dominant person theory is very interesting. Like he became so cast adrift in prison without a strong personality to anchor to.

I'm sure he will eventually find all types of dominant characters he can join up with. I wonder what his personality will be like.

I'm thinking CW possibly may have developed a conscience at last and will tell all.....I certainly hope so.
Why now? Was he triggered by some key dates, he does have plenty of time to think things through. The following are a couple of key dates I thought of:
Baby Nico would be born now
Valentines Day has just been ( bet CW got a lot of fruitloop love letters and cards for that date)
The Thrive Punta Cana conference is this weekend ( not sure if they would have gone with a new bub but they had been before)

"Though the release from CBI Thursday did not disclose any further details about whatWatts unveiled in the interview, the Greeley Tribune reports, citing sources close to the investigation, that Watts told investigators how and why he murdered his family- something he himself had not outright discussed previously."
Christopher Watts details murder of Shanann Watts, two daughters

Good catch on the dates.

Imagine all the endless hours he has in there to contemplate.

Last edited:
There aren’t good reasons to murder, but I atleast, want to understand his reasoning.

What was his thought process prior to the murders?

When did he decide to do this?

How exactly did he do it?

Most people who annihilate their families, end up committing suicide afterwards.

It’s rare that a killer like this is willing to sit down, and explain his rationale.

Christian Longo eventually spoke. He admitted a lot but his statements were still somewhat self-serving. Like his b.s. Statement that his horrified, desperate wife "relaxed into" him strangling her and just calmly let it happen.

That's called dying, creep. Not submissively giving in to murder as if being strangled to death wasn't such a bad thing after all.

I wonder how CW's statements will compare.

On the other hand though, these investigators from the, I believe it is three different entities, cannot be going out there to meet with CW, a convicted multiple-murderer, whenever CW gets the whim to relive his heinous acts and have some company in prison to chat with. In reality, the man has been convicted, he doesn't have a chance of ever getting out of prison, and nothing he says is going to change that outcome. Why would these investigators even give him the time of day, to make him feel important enough that when he felt like chatting, they would all just show up for him? Even if one of them showed up, that one could have simply reported to the others, but yet all three went out to him. He should get more play from perhaps writing to a newspaper or something.
I feel like there has got to be more to it, but jmo.
I was wondering if this could potentially have anything to do with the timing surrounding the bank foreclosure of the marital home - it was reported not that long ago that the bank was foreclosing on the home due to x number of missed payments. At some point the bank would have taken the home into their possession, changed the locks, etc. I'm not sure if the bank would then have a cleaning service come and empty it out and give it a good clean before selling, or whatever, but wondering if perhaps something or other could have been discovered and brought to the attention of LE, which perhaps could have prompted this interview with CW in prison? The home is to be auctioned in April I believe.

These investigators put their lives on hold and become insanely invested in the outcome. I believe they would absolutely go back to speak with CW if he asked to speak with them. There would be no special bill to the taxpayer for that.

There would in fact be a bill to the taxpayer; the entire expense from airfare to per diem! It doesnT matter if the local, state, and federal authorities have budgets for this, it is still ALL taxpayer money!

Does CW get the free use of a public defender for the rest of his life? IE after plea deal, sentencing, sent to prison, etc. It must be attorneys (possibly paid, I don't know) who urged him to cooperate further, possibly in exchange for amenities he doesn't get now. Can he just summon public defenders whenever he feels like it?

Does CW get the free use of a public defender for the rest of his life? IE after plea deal, sentencing, sent to prison, etc. It must be attorneys (possibly paid, I don't know) who urged him to cooperate further, possibly in exchange for amenities he doesn't get now. Can he just summon public defenders whenever he feels like it?

Good questions? I'd like to know!'

Not sure about CO, but I do know from the Heather Elvis case in SC that Tammy Moorer has to pay for her appeal herself.

IIRC back at Trial end the Prosecution did not want CW to speak in detail of the crimes as they felt he would not be truthful. So what changed? Why now do they feel confident he is being truthful?

IIRC back at Trial end the Prosecution did not want CW to speak in detail of the crimes as they felt he would not be truthful. So what changed? Why now do they feel confident he is being truthful?
I didn't get the impression that they didn't want him to speak in detail, rather that they didn't think it was worth it to make it part of the plea deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592