Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Arrest Affidavit
—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94 Thread #95 Thread #96 Thread #97 Thread #98 Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #111

Last edited by a moderator:
If Barry is in Indiana, it's where Suzanne wanted to be. If only he had let her.

If Barry is in Arizona, good riddance. He should've gone there first and left Suzanne alive, free to go wherever her heart led her.

If Barry's in Michigan (no reason for him to be, just if), everyone there should sleep with their eyes open.

Wherever he is, I wonder why he's where he is. His motives can't be trusted. I imagine Suzanne felt it, never quite knowing where he was, when he'd sneak up.

It'll be good when he's in one place, for good.

JMO

If Barry is in Indiana, it's where Suzanne wanted to be. If only he had let her.

If Barry is in Arizona, good riddance. He should've gone there first and left Suzanne alive, free to go wherever her heart led her.

If Barry's in Michigan (no reason for him to be, just if), everyone there should sleep with their eyes open.

Wherever he is, I wonder why he's where he is. His motives can't be trusted. I imagine Suzanne felt it, never quite knowing where he was, when he'd sneak up.

It'll be good when he's in one place, for good.

JMO

Agree - sooner he's in the slammer the better for all !

Does anyone think that the news release of the autopsy completion being near to Mother’s Day is strategic or just simply coincidental?

Reportedly, the family has planned a Celebration of Life for Suzanne on May 4 in Westfield, IN.

I think when that word was out, it was safe to assume the autopsy was complete and media started making inquiry.

I've not read the remains have been returned to the family but I think its possible.

From the Denver Gazette linked in the last thread, we know the El Paso County Coroner's office completed the autopsy, and FBI (Quantico) did the forensic testing.

Some of that testing was done at the FBI training and research center in Quantico, Virginia. The autopsy report was not immediately available to the public. Autopsies are public records.

Also, while autopsies are public records, this case remains an ongoing investigation, and I don't expect the public will receive anything more than the cause and manner of death.

It's not unusual for authorities to hold off releasing this type of info until after the services for the victim. In other words, I expect we will learn the manner and cause soon after May 4.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the autopsy being withheld until the trial and conviction of SM's killer. We know SM didn't fall off her bike, and she didn't bury herself in Moffat. MOO

ETA: An MSM that's playing LS's earlier reports is citing the Chaffee County Coroner (Jeff Graf) as anticipating the release of the autopsy report on Monday.

Last edited:
Glad to see the FBI was on this. Betting Jonny Grusing made sure of it! Sounds like we will be hearing the results from the Chaffee County coroner.

Some of that testing was done at the FBI training and research center in Quantico, Virginia. The autopsy report was not immediately available to the public. Autopsies are public records.

A call to Chaffee County Coroner Jeff Graff, where Morphew's remains were last known to be stored, was not immediately returned.

The Denver Gazette has requested a copy of the autopsy report.

Sources said that the actual autopsy was done by the El Paso County Coroner's office.

Glad to see the FBI was on this. Betting Jonny Grusing made sure of it! Sounds like we will be hearing the results from the Chaffee County coroner.

A call to Chaffee County Coroner Jeff Graff, where Morphew's remains were last known to be stored, was not immediately returned.

The Denver Gazette has requested a copy of the autopsy report.

Sources said that the actual autopsy was done by the El Paso County Coroner's office.

Yes, heartened by this—I hope we hear what’s appropriate to know, and that the case proceeds in the wisest way possible.

From the article: “Barry Morphew and Morphew's daughters will be having a celebration of life for Suzanne Morphew on May 4 at Trinity Baptist Church in Westfield, Indiana.”

!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes, heartened by this—I hope we hear what’s appropriate to know, and that the case proceeds in the wisest way possible.

From the article: “Barry Morphew and Morphew's daughters will be having a celebration of life for Suzanne Morphew on May 4 at Trinity Baptist Church in Westfield, Indiana.”

!!!!!
Maybe they can honor her by reading from her journal...

In lieu of that, prevented as it was, I do hope she is given voice that day, in a voice that sound like hers.

!!!!!

RBBM

Hmmmm.

So NOW he goes and does one of these, playing the "grieving loving husband".

CYA mode, Anyone??

JMVHO.

4/24/24

1714081890583.png
The site where Suzanne Morphew's remains were found in September 2023. CBI

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the report from the Chaffee County Medical Examiner is expected to be released next week.

4/24/24

View attachment 499569
The site where Suzanne Morphew's remains were found in September 2023. CBI

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the report from the Chaffee County Medical Examiner is expected to be released next week.
Do I see a Bobcat? Sigh.

Such a desolate spot.

Yes. I don't think Barry had the backhoe attachment though.
Backhoe Joe did. (I can't recall his exact name now but BM called him about it.)

Thinking he didn't take the Bobcat to Moffat though. Dug it by hand..... which is why IMO he used the shovels in Broomfield and left them there in the hotel.

JMO

Backhoe Joe did. (I can't recall his exact name now but BM called him about it.)

Thinking he didn't take the Bobcat to Moffat though. Dug it by hand..... which is why IMO he used the shovels in Broomfield and left them there in the hotel.

JMO
I agree. If he had used a backhoe she would likely have never been found. Depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain