Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.

4/24/24

View attachment 499569
The site where Suzanne Morphew's remains were found in September 2023. CBI

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the report from the Chaffee County Medical Examiner is expected to be released next week.
It was a God Wink her remains were ever found out here.

I am so sad that Barry has been footloose for four years. He could have split the money with Suzanne and both could have been free but instead chose to pay a lawyer. It takes a twisted hateful heart to kill your wife and dump her in some dirt and weeds. I wonder if he and the girls have claimed her body. I’m guessing he will have her cremated.
I’m almost as angry at her lover for being such a coward. He had to know she was murdered.
Both Jeff and Barry have to live with the lowlifes that they are every single moment.

I’d like to know more about this Anne Kelley:

The case was dismissed without prejudice just nine days before the trial was to begin in April 2022. Without prejudice means that prosecutors can re-file charges. There is a question as to where the case would be tried if that happens. The 19th Judicial District, run by District Attorney Linda Stanley, may relinquish the case to the 12th Judicial District, which is based in Alamosa and run by District Attorney Anne Kelley.

I’d like to know more about this Anne Kelley:

The case was dismissed without prejudice just nine days before the trial was to begin in April 2022. Without prejudice means that prosecutors can re-file charges. There is a question as to where the case would be tried if that happens. The 19th Judicial District, run by District Attorney Linda Stanley, may relinquish the case to the 12th Judicial District, which is based in Alamosa and run by District Attorney Anne Kelley.
If you learn more about her please post it.

I guess Suzanne’s cause and manner of death will say homicide for sure but I wonder what else?

She's done incredible things for victims of domestic violence, and this case is the epitome of that.

She created an entire program for addressing the needs of domestic violence victims during her time in the 20th Judicial District. Seeing a clear need for that in the San Luis Valley, she applied to be appointed and said she’s right where she wants to be.

Kelly, when she landed in the 12th Judicial District, noticed the “alarming theme” of a lack of prosecution for domestic violence cases. She said that things are improving, but the mere fact that domestic violence cases were being dismissed prior to her taking office was and still is alarming. The effects of it, she said, are still being seen.

But prosecuting domestic violence cases and domestic abusers remains a passion of hers. “When you’re dealing with coercive, controlling, violent offenders in relationships they are particularly dangerous,” she said.

She also said that there are so many ways domestic violence shows itself, and that the violence “never gets better, it always increases in frequency and severity.”

4/24/24

View attachment 499569
The site where Suzanne Morphew's remains were found in September 2023. CBI

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the report from the Chaffee County Medical Examiner is expected to be released next week.
No arrests have been made since her remains have been located.
The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

No surprise but at least now that her remains have been recovered, we know beyond all doubt why the tight-wallet husband was so generous with his 26 seconds and $200,000. Nobody was going to bring Suzanne home alive and unharmed.

Can't help but to notice that there's no push from him, no renewed reward, for anyone to come forward with information leading to an arrest/conviction, now that we know she didn't bike to Moffat and barry herself there. I don't think he's eager to find the killer. G. I. Wonder. Y.

JMO

Last edited:
Barry Morphew and Morphew's daughters will be having a celebration of life for Suzanne Morphew on May 4 at Trinity Baptist Church in Westfield, Indiana.

According to Barry, it was all God’s plan. :mad:

“Making sense in God’s eyes ..Why someone like me, someone like us? Well, now that you tell me that she was having an affair – maybe, I don’t know, maybe in God’s eyes this was his way of resolving something.”

pg 64 https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf
Substitute his own name for God and IMO motive is revealed.

Barry Morphew and Morphew's daughters will be having a celebration of life for Suzanne Morphew on May 4 at Trinity Baptist Church in Westfield, Indiana.

This website once had the perfect emoji for this cynical bit of news.

Glad the autopsy has been completed. Hopefully the CoD will be a big part of a successful prosecution.

I'm going to wager that it weren't the (organic) bobcat wot done it.

I have followed this mystery since the third week of May, 2020, full time for over two years on multiple platforms, part time since. It finally falls into place.

In My Opinion:

The first big surprise was the haphazard way he disposed of her. A flat land desolate area? Shallow grave? That alone tells us it was NOT a planned murder! This was an unplanned rage killing, haphazardly carried out! MassGuy’s summary of Barry’s dumb mistakes and lies bears it out. Not premeditated but it hardly matters since if convicted, he will die in prison in either case.

She blew his socks off when she said “done”. Thursday and Friday, he went about his business grading the lot by the river, the seething rage likely had him thinking: “I’ll kill her!
But, Suzanne knew him well and she was smarter. She had put up with his childish macho crap for a long time. She wasn’t afraid so she picked a week when the girls were gone. She became amenable. “Let’s go to town and eat out!” “Let’s have lunch, I made soup!” They discussed the girls’ visitation and housing. She played him like a fiddle. Going into that fateful Saturday, Barry might have thought - “Maybe I can win her over?”

Coming back from town, Barry phoned her over and over. She was busy. She had been sexting with Jeff Libler. Paraphrasing: Jeff said “Let’s get naked”? She said let’s do it on a certain website. The FBI said this wasn’t the first time.

Let’s remember key related facts. The bedroom door had been forced open, breaking the trim. Barry’s hands and arms were gouged by her fingernails.

What makes sense is that Barry came into the house, angry about Suzanne ignoring his calls. He came to the locked bedroom door and something caused him to shoulder it open. Maybe she didn’t answer his knocks and after forcing the door, he saw her naked with her cell phone. Maybe he heard her sexting and recording “Oh Jeff baby”. Or something else. Once inside, Suzanne likely bolted for the bathroom and he caught her and strangled her. After all, he had a big torso and was push-up king at the gym. He didn’t need a dart, gun or knife. Any resultant bodily fluids on the tile floor would be easily cleaned up.
Then, Barry came up with a plan:
… “I’ll toss her bike in the ravine. I’ll toss her helmet off he US highway going west. Those stupid cops will think she was abducted and the bad guys are heading westbound.”
… “I’m going NorthEast!”
… “I’ll dump her body south! The cops will never find her.”
… “They’ll never figure it out!”
… And he was right. Her scattered remains were found by accident.

The FBI autopsy said she likely died from strangulation, just as I had surmised. I’m not sure how they could tell, since the hyoid bone is held in place by muscles and ligaments which would be long gone. Maybe the bone was damaged?

We shall see …….

(In my opinion)

I have followed this mystery since the third week of May, 2020, full time for over two years on multiple platforms, part time since. It finally falls into place.

In My Opinion:

The first big surprise was the haphazard way he disposed of her. A flat land desolate area? Shallow grave? That alone tells us it was NOT a planned murder! This was an unplanned rage killing, haphazardly carried out! MassGuy’s summary of Barry’s dumb mistakes and lies bears it out. Not premeditated but it hardly matters since if convicted, he will die in prison in either case.

She blew his socks off when she said “done”. Thursday and Friday, he went about his business grading the lot by the river, the seething rage likely had him thinking: “I’ll kill her!
But, Suzanne knew him well and she was smarter. She had put up with his childish macho crap for a long time. She wasn’t afraid so she picked a week when the girls were gone. She became amenable. “Let’s go to town and eat out!” “Let’s have lunch, I made soup!” They discussed the girls’ visitation and housing. She played him like a fiddle. Going into that fateful Saturday, Barry might have thought - “Maybe I can win her over?”

Coming back from town, Barry phoned her over and over. She was busy. She had been sexting with Jeff Libler. Paraphrasing: Jeff said “Let’s get naked”? She said let’s do it on a certain website. The FBI said this wasn’t the first time.

Let’s remember key related facts. The bedroom door had been forced open, breaking the trim. Barry’s hands and arms were gouged by her fingernails.

What makes sense is that Barry came into the house, angry about Suzanne ignoring his calls. He came to the locked bedroom door and something caused him to shoulder it open. Maybe she didn’t answer his knocks and after forcing the door, he saw her naked with her cell phone. Maybe he heard her sexting and recording “Oh Jeff baby”. Or something else. Once inside, Suzanne likely bolted for the bathroom and he caught her and strangled her. After all, he had a big torso and was push-up king at the gym. He didn’t need a dart, gun or knife. Any resultant bodily fluids on the tile floor would be easily cleaned up.
… “I’ll toss her bike in the ravine. I’ll toss her helmet off he US highway going west. Those stupid cops will think she was abducted and the bad guys are heading westbound.”
… “I’m going NorthEast!”

The FBI autopsy said she likely died from strangulation, just as I had surmised. I’m not sure how they could tell, since the hyoid bone is held in place by muscles and ligaments which would be long gone. Maybe the bone was damaged?

We shall see …….

(In my opinion)

Strongly believe this will be the Prosecutions rough "brief of evidence" to the Judge.
If Suzanne has indeed fought for her life and scratched BM - his DNA will be found under her nails.

DNA doesnt lie - its science.

Tick Tock - Tick Tock

In My Opinion:

… “I’m going NorthEast!”

We shall see …….

(In my opinion)
I still think this falls under first degree murder, but I continue to believe this was done in a rage. I think he worked himself up all day, and he knew he was going to kill Suzanne before he arrived home.

The post offense behavior indicates a lack of planning, from the haphazard body dump to the hilarious “alibi.”

One correction though, there is no word on autopsy results, despite articles online clearly written by bots. Hopefully we get something on Monday, but I’m not expecting a cause of death.

In My Opinion:

… “I’m going NorthEast!”

We shall see …….

(In my opinion)
Don't you think, he had the worst case scenario already planned out? "If she wants her inherited money and if she wants to maintain her standards re living and if she is threatening to report to cops (things, she has learned of, which I maybe did in the past) and if she tries to win the girls over - then I will kill her. If I can't hold her for external appearances (plus for my office work like writing bills) - then nobody will get her. If anyone is bragging about her at a vacation spot somewhere, it's me and only me!" I imagine his thoughts ....

I believe, it was premeditated in any case. Also think of the Sunday-job in Broomfield, which wasn't ok to execute then and even by 3 people. Sloppy as BM is, he organized all in the last minute, but I think, he did always like that and until today can't live without this spontaneousness. It doesn't mean, he didn't have planned to do something to his wife.

When he thought of a dumping place, maybe he assumed, a perverse abductor would have dumped SM at this deserted area, without clothing and not deep buried. Remember: he often listened to True Crime on his many car drives. Maybe, he knew, how an abductor aka stranger would have gotten rid of his victim.

Last edited:

That's going to be a very, very difficult decision for some people. On the one hand Susan's friends and family are definitely going to want to attend to celebrate Susan's life. But on the other hand having to sit there and watch barry fake that he actually gives one single shred of thought/care/love about her might be too much for them. I honestly don't think I could be in the same room with a person like him. The man is an animal and makes my stomach hurt. Hopefully they found something that can take barry out of the celebration and directly to jail there in front of everybody!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ONF21772