Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
[…]

On Monday, CBI categorized her death as a "homicide by undetermined means in the setting of butorphanol, azaperone, and medetomidine intoxication," according to an autopsy report by the Chaffee County Coroner's Office.

The National Institute of Health explains that butorphanol is a synthetic opioid pain-killer, azaperone is a sedative commonly used as a tranquilizer for pigs and elephants, and medetomidine is regularly used by veterinarians to sedate and provide pain relief for dogs.

[…]

Fisher-Byrialsen says investigators gave Barry Morphew and his daughter's the opportunity to pick up Suzanne's remains earlier this year, but on advice from their attorneys, did not collect the remains. Fisher-Byrialsen says prosecutors have not told Barry Morphew whether he is still a suspect in this case. They say Suzanne's remains are still at the El Paso County Coroner's Office where the autopsy was performed.

What the heck, why would attorneys advise not to pick up the love of your life and give her a proper funeral?

Fisher-Byrialsen says investigators gave Barry Morphew and his daughter's the opportunity to pick up Suzanne's remains earlier this year, but on advice from their attorneys, did not collect the remains. Fisher-Byrialsen says prosecutors have not told Barry Morphew whether he is still a suspect in this case. They say Suzanne's remains are still at the El Paso County Coroner's Office where the autopsy was performed.

What the heck, why would attorneys advise not to pick up the love of your life and give her a proper funeral?

Wow, I really hope there is a world in which her siblings can obtain them.

Smack my gob.

Whu huh?

For what reason on God's green earth would her next of kin not pick up her remains and give her a proper resting place?????

I am shocked.

JMO

So now I am curious how quickly tranquillizers would go to the bone marrow.

Let's say she was given enough initially to kill her, then would that even show up in her marrow? Wouldn't body functions stop quickly and then would it be in her marrow?

Or did this knock her out and he was busy looking through her journal and trying to get into her phone, and burning files and so on. Then she starts to wake up so he gives her more.

I am curious now about the sheets in the wash. Did he tranq her and put her in the daughters bed while he was doing all his things.. you know cooking that steak dinner :rolleyes: She wasn't dead yet so no dogs would hit on anything in the house. Then maybe he sees stuff he just doesn't like in the journal he burns it.. is even more angry so he gives her more or he strangles her.

Can they tell how much of these drugs were used based on the tests or just that it was present?
Did they find her hyoid bone?

Did they find her hyoid bone?
My thoughts are, if yes and it was broken, they wouldn't have come to the finding of "undetermined means" but rather "homicide by strangulation." However, I guarantee there is much in that autopsy they are just not sharing with the public yet. On pins & needles for the trial and everything we'll learn.

RIGHT!?

Because random abductors go through their victims house to leave DNA in the glove box and then don't steal the purse right there on the seat and then they got in the gargage and find tranquilizer stuff and think wow this is a great way to off someone.. and they only take that, but none of the guns, don't steal the cars or well anything at all.. just see her biking and think I'll make it look like she crashed, but I'll also go to her house and find something to kill her with there.. and hey I'll frame the husband because surely the random abductor would also know he's off on a work trip to avoid spending Mothers Day with his wife and all..

But how is this random abductor actually using the tranq stuff on Suzanne because didn't Barry take it with him to Broomfield to throw away in the trash at random places?

Such a pickle this one is.

[…]

On Monday, CBI categorized her death as a "homicide by undetermined means in the setting of butorphanol, azaperone, and medetomidine intoxication," according to an autopsy report by the Chaffee County Coroner's Office.

The National Institute of Health explains that butorphanol is a synthetic opioid pain-killer, azaperone is a sedative commonly used as a tranquilizer for pigs and elephants, and medetomidine is regularly used by veterinarians to sedate and provide pain relief for dogs.

[…]

Suzanne's bones and remains are telling a story, imo.
Painting an ugly picture of how her final moments may have played out. :(

Fwiw, I have never believed someone kidnapped her and killed/buried her in that location, where she was found !
Omo.

Why are Barry and the girls holding a funeral service when they haven’t yet retrieved suzanne’s remains? Are they afraid LE will arrest Barry the moment he steps foot in public?
Hoping they found her port too. Also hoping Barry is reincarcerated before Mother’s Day and if so we shall raise a glass maybe even a few IPAs.

Why are Barry and the girls holding a funeral service when they haven’t yet retrieved suzanne’s remains? Are they afraid LE will arrest Barry the moment he steps foot in public?
Hoping they found her port too. Also hoping Barry is reincarcerated before Mother’s Day and if so we shall raise a glass maybe even a few IPAs.
Can't wait to see the AA this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member