Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crested Butte sweatshirt...

Torn.

Speaks to her violent end. Perhaps a casualty of a chase and she broke free, ripping his hold on her clothes, before locking herself in her bedroom, only to have him plow through the door and finish what he started.

As of today, I hope this man has no friends.

JMO
I think he dressed her post mortem. Possibly tore it while lifting her body, dead or alive into the shallow grave..

Most people who go missing and are purposefully buried in the wilderness die bye homicide. JMO

The tranq in her marrow is very interesting. Could be the missing piece of info needed for a conviction.
Not to be gruesome but I wonder if she was injected via her port, and if that would have any bearing on the autopsy results.

Emphasis mine.
I haven't been able to find out about that yet.
Anyone else read something about it ?
Tia.
Omo.
This article mentions finding a "dirt-covered purple medical port,"

Her death was determined to have been caused by "Homicide by undetermined means in the setting of butorphanol, azaperone, and medetomidine intoxication," according to the autopsy.

"These drugs are marketed as a compounded injectable chemical immobilizer for wildlife," according to the autopsy from the El Paso County coroner.

"The Colorado Bureau of Investigation and our law enforcement partners understand and appreciate the public interest surrounding this case," CBI Director Chris Schaefer said in a statement Monday. "The investigative team assembled to work this case continues to follow the evidence and only the evidence as we seek justice for Suzanne's death."

Emphasis mine.
I found it in the link below; thanks to the previous poster who linked it !

Eta : It's mentioned in the "Final Diagnosis" under "A" :

View attachment 500270

Also, no damage to her bike or helmet, as in; they were placed there, and no abduction or struggle occurred.
Imo.
Omo.
They found it intact but covered in dirt and identified by its unique id number! Wondering if he dosed her through the port as others have previoly opined.

"One weathered bullet"??????

Thoughts?
I know this is the autopsy so it isn't meant to give detailed info on the items found with the body.. just indicate what was found and brought in with the body. I am curious if this bullet happens to match the bullet found on the bedroom floor. If she was trying to get to a gun and load it, maybe one of those bullets was in her sweatshirt pocket and one dropped on the floor. If that bullet was found IN the grave that would be telling. If it's unfired and matches one from the bedroom floor that might paint a better picture.

It's amazing that there was evidence to determine homicide.
I couldn’t agree more.

I’m in awe of the clues that the good investigators are able to find in cases like this.
Also in awe of those brave souls who meticulously investigate these heinous crimes and those who painstakingly perform autopsies on these remains. You need a special kind of backbone to do this type of work and I commend all of them!
Brava and bravo ladies and gentlemen!!

IANAD but I think if it were injected into her port, death would have been very quick. So no opportunity to enter the bone marrow that way.
Also, the point of the tranq would have been to immobilize Suzanne and make her easy to kill. Holding her down, awake, aware and fighting for her life, to get the tranq into the port would have defeated the whole purpose. Darting her would have served BM's puposes much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimsical Chaos